List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people saying that Dixon is done for the year? Unless you know something concrete, stop spreading rumours.
I don’t think it’s that as much as the fact that he has given us 1 very good year out of the previous 3, and is at an age where at best we could now get another 3 full years from him.
His presence in our side, like Polec’s and like Ryder’s, hasn’t yet resulted in team success.

Why are people saying that Dixon is done for the year? Unless you know something concrete, stop spreading rumours.

Re his injury. It’s a significant injury, particularly for a man of his size and weight. He relies on hard running and jumping, both of which put a huge strain through your ankles. This is a similar injury to that which almost ended Scully’s career.

We were hopefully he would get back near the start of this season but has needed another surgery, as per the club, and only just started running on the anti G treadmill. He won’t be fit and ready any time before the bye, as per Dixon, and that’s if all goes well. Have a look at Broadbent and Hartlett’s recovery time lines and note the set backs.

We are all hopeful Dixon is up and firing in the second half of the year and take your point re rumours, just think the reality is that it’s going to be slow and there is every chance he won’t play this year.

Now when he had a poor year last year, a good year before that and an average one before that, fair enough that people would question his recruitment on big money and for high picks when McKay and Curnow were options.

Buddy to Port would be our own Carey to crows. No thanks

It's a little different and based on Sydney's loss and Buddys game last week he absolutely has a few years left.

Would certainly have the conversation if Sydney were open to the idea.

As for Buddy not living in Adelaide as he matures it might be a really good place for him.

Would be good very good for a couple of years as Hayes and Marshall along with Ladhams develop.

I strongly suspect kelly is going to Carlton

C4 told us Carlton were looking to trade out their first early in the trade period before they ended up trading it during trade week. The gist being Carlton were trading that first rounder away for a player the following year anyway

It makes sense that kelly signed that short term contract last time with the idea to go to Carlton this year when they were a bit further along.

So of the KPP players in 10-20 instead of Dixon we could’ve had McKay, Curnow or Doedee...

Geez that stings.

Mckay no, Curnow yes.
Our original pick would have been after the Milera Pick, and before the Curnow pick. GWS used it to match an academy bid so it doesn't actually exist anywhere.
McKay was drafted with what was originally pick 8.

What contingent plans are available to us if Dixon can’t get his body right for the foreseeable future? Given the nature of his injury & his role in the side there is a very good chance he might not be able to get back to his very best.

Do we have a potential replacement on our current list eg: Billy, or Ladhams?
Do we target the draft?
Do we seek out a trade target (22-27 yo KPF) to help out Marshall?

What contingent plans are available to us if Dixon can’t get his body right for the foreseeable future? Given the nature of his injury & his role in the side there is a very good chance he might not be able to get back to his very best.

Do we target the draft?

In the short term it would be Billy, and I'd say we'd be looking through the state leagues hoping to pick up a KPF in the mid-season draft.

Long term, considering we've loaded up on every other position, I hope we're going after a KPF in the draft and/or trade period. If Hayes develops then maybe Ryder spends the rest of his career in the forward lines.

In the short term it would be Billy, and I'd say we'd be looking through the state leagues hoping to pick up a KPF in the mid-season draft.

Long term, considering we've loaded up on every other position, I hope we're going after a KPF in the draft and/or trade period. If Hayes develops then maybe Ryder spends the rest of his career in the forward lines.
Is there anyone on the top of your head we could target during the trade period?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't see how Buddy in his late 30s running around for the Port Magpies for over a million a year whilst Jesinta is judging fashions of the field at Oakbank is benefiting anyone.

Me.....if I went to Oakbank.

Mckay no, Curnow yes.
Our original pick would have been after the Milera Pick, and before the Curnow pick. GWS used it to match an academy bid so it doesn't actually exist anywhere.
McKay was drafted with what was originally pick 8.

Just to piss people off more the curnow pick was originally the western bulldogs pick that they offered us for lobbe (they later traded it to blues for 2 2nd rounders)

I strongly suspect kelly is going to Carlton

C4 told us Carlton were looking to trade out their first early in the trade period before they ended up trading it during trade week. The gist being Carlton were trading that first rounder away for a player the following year anyway

It makes sense that kelly signed that short term contract last time with the idea to go to Carlton this year when they were a bit further along.

You've got your wires crossed. C4 said that the Hawks were in discussions with Carlton about trading out their 2019 first round pick to Port to help Hawthorn get Wingard - which would have meant that Carlton got 15 from Hawthorn and we got Burton and Carlton's 2019 first round pick.

It had nothing to do with this year's trade period. It was so that Carlton could get Stocker in last year's draft.

You've got your wires crossed. C4 said that the Hawks were in discussions with Carlton about trading out their 2019 first round pick to Port to help Hawthorn get Wingard - which would have meant that Carlton got 15 from Hawthorn and we got Burton and Carlton's 2019 first round pick.

It had nothing to do with this year's trade period. It was so that Carlton could get Stocker in last year's draft.

Yeah but there has been a bit of conjecture around that they would be trading their 2019 1st (whether theirs or another) in 2019 anyway.

So their list management plan was to downgrade that pick to pick up a player they rated higher in the draft then trade that pick out anyway.

Whether this conjecture is fact or fiction I have zero idea, but it fits and I think it’s a possibility.

Do we target the draft?

I reckon we'll go even harder for Brennan Cox.

Is there any reason Burton or Howard are not being considered other than Ken likes to have 3 defenders for every forward on the list??? Burton is not a pack crasher like Dixon but Howard certainly brings the ball to ground. Burton is a mid to tall player of decent build. They should certainly be given the opportunity so we know what we have got before we start going outside the club. Give them a quarter, a half. See what happens.

Both have shown the versatility to play forward. We don't need both of them defensively in my opinion as we have a 6'3" Broadbent and a 6'4" Lienert either of whom should arguably have played against West Coast on form.

Let's not kid ourselves. Ryder is not great in packs or bringing the ball to ground. So far this season he has been a more valuable 2nd ruck than key forward IMO. A goal a game and 3 marks he would not hold his spot if he weren't the best 2nd ruck in the comp and we weren't strapped for forwards.

In a nutshell, thoughts on his +/-?

Who would you closely compare him to (past or present)?

He's a bit of a throwback. Big solid lad, quick off the mark, excellent contested mark and set shot, maybe not as strong athletically or defensively.

He's a bit Fogarty-ish actually. Probably a better contested mark than Fogarty though. And hopefully less of a flog.

Is there any reason Burton or Howard are not being considered other than Ken likes to have 3 defenders for every forward on the list??? Burton is not a pack crasher like Dixon but Howard certainly brings the ball to ground. Burton is a mid to tall player of decent build. They should certainly be given the opportunity so we know what we have got before we start going outside the club. Give them a quarter, a half. See what happens.

Both have shown the versatility to play forward. We don't need both of them defensively in my opinion as we have a 6'3" Broadbent and a 6'4" Lienert either of whom should arguably have played against West Coast on form.

Let's not kid ourselves. Ryder is not great in packs or bringing the ball to ground. So far this season he has been a more valuable 2nd ruck than key forward IMO. A goal a game and 3 marks he would not hold his spot if he weren't the best 2nd ruck in the comp and we weren't strapped for forwards.
Howard was drafted as a forward, his first few games were not great.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back