List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt mind seeing thsi leather eating bastard in action. On a side note, what makes him "leather eating" and what the **** is "leather eating". I mean, we know what leather poisoning is, but leather eating?

He is into bondage. That's all I can think of.

So people still want to add Petrie for extra ruck cover when he's not even a ruckman? And he's older than Keyser.

Why not just get minno as DFA or Goodwin from the VFL?

I'd rather back in the 3 rucks we have and pickup a rookie mid like Banfield.

I feel that similar to picking up Vardy (and considering Lobb as well), we might be more interested in getting a forward/ruckman rather than a pure ruck, since they aren't really expected to play as the #1 ruckman in NN's absence, but may only be required to provide support as a pinch hitter to Lycett (or Giles), and they have the flexibility to play even when they're not required as a ruckman.

Last edited:
The club needs to realise that having more average ruckmen does not equate to having a better ruck division. There comes a point when we just say that we may lose the taps so lets deal with it rather than just plucking spuds like Petrie.

Mmm thinking on it - if we need a sacrificial anode in the ruck - mcinness

I still maintain that Petrie is about as much a ruckman as I am a marathon runner, I don't see any way that he helps us next year
The theory of Petrie is sound enough - smart footballer that might help in a pseudo coaching role, big body up forward that can do the rucking there, willing to play on a one year contract, comes cheap as a DFA or rookie list selection

The reality is that his form in the back end of the season was horrid and if we reach the point through injury that Petrie is the best option our year is cooked anyway so what's the point

And if the club doesn't have the faith in McInnes to do the role they're getting Petrie in to do, then delist him

The theory of Petrie is sound enough - smart footballer that might help in a pseudo coaching role, big body up forward that can do the rucking there, willing to play on a one year contract, comes cheap as a DFA or rookie list selection

The reality is that his form in the back end of the season was horrid and if we reach the point through injury that Petrie is the best option our year is cooked anyway so what's the point

And if the club doesn't have the faith in McInnes to do the role they're getting Petrie in to do, then delist him
Oh yeh, agree with you there, the theory of getting a veteran ruck/forward cheap to help out is a great one, but Petrie is definitely not the guy who's going to add much of anything and I don't really see anyone else out there for that role. I'd much rather use the list spot on a younger guy and like you say if he's needed then our year is done anyway so you get a few games into a developing big man who may show something rather than a guy who hasn't done much for 2 or 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Minson actually willing to move to Perth (certainly Petrie seems more keen)? Surely he's a better option as an additional ruck backup than Petrie since he's a bit younger and has actually been rucking full time? Are we seemingly considering Petrie ahead of Minson, because we want someone who can play forward as well? I guess it depends on what they deem to be more important, a pure ruck or another tall forward option who can pinch hit in the ruck.

We have three forwards who can ruck Lycett, VArdy and McInness.

We have one backup primary ruck in Giles. I would be happier with Minson rather than Petrie. He's younger and if we did need to "break glass in case of emergency" for a first ruck he could step in.

So two back up ruck / forwards for Lycett.

Two back up primary rucks, one on the rookie list.

Or do we go a younger option such as Darcy Cameron?

Am I right in thinking that atm Hawthorn have to take 3 players at the draft (unless they upgrade rookies) with their picks starting at 88?

So people still want to add Petrie for extra ruck cover when he's not even a ruckman? And he's older than Keyser.

Why not just get minno as DFA or Goodwin from the VFL?

I'd rather back in the 3 rucks we have and pickup a rookie mid like Banfield.

Thought this Petrie crap was done and dusted, shits me to tears that its being brought up again, just fk off with the idea once and for all please.

The club needs to realise that having more average ruckmen does not equate to having a better ruck division. There comes a point when we just say that we may lose the taps so lets deal with it rather than just plucking spuds like Petrie.

I still maintain that Petrie is about as much a ruckman as I am a marathon runner, I don't see any way that he helps us next year

Oh yeh, agree with you there, the theory of getting a veteran ruck/forward cheap to help out is a great one, but Petrie is definitely not the guy who's going to add much of anything and I don't really see anyone else out there for that role. I'd much rather use the list spot on a younger guy and like you say if he's needed then our year is done anyway so you get a few games into a developing big man who may show something rather than a guy who hasn't done much for 2 or 3 years.
^^^ What all these smart blokes who agree with me said.

#multiquotewin

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Am I right in thinking that atm Hawthorn have to take 3 players at the draft (unless they upgrade rookies) with their picks starting at 88?
You are correct

Hawthorn have locked themselves in to a short term future of having to get players in through FA

They got JOM, T Mitchell and vickery (lol) through trades and FA this year but have basically traded out of this years draft and traded our their first round pick next year

After losing S Mitchell, Lewis and hill this year it's likely that hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson won't play beyond 2017

That's a lot of talent finishing up and there's no young talent coming in as they've traded out of the top end of the draft for several years now

In 2018 there midfield will be JOM, Mitchell, smith, hartung, Shiels, O'rourke and Langford. Not nearly as imposing as what it was

You are correct

Hawthorn have locked themselves in to a short term future of having to get players in through FA

They got JOM, T Mitchell and vickery (lol) through trades and FA this year but have basically traded out of this years draft and traded our their first round pick next year

After losing S Mitchell, Lewis and hill this year it's likely that hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson won't play beyond 2017

That's a lot of talent finishing up and there's no young talent coming in as they've traded out of the top end of the draft for several years now

In 2018 there midfield will be JOM, Mitchell, smith, hartung, Shiels, O'rourke and Langford. Not nearly as imposing as what it was
No guarantees on JOM's knee holding up either

giphy.gif

It's also possible that GC's medical team just sucks. I mean, JOM, Swallow and Ablett (plus some others I've probably forgotten) have been out for two years with one injury each. It's not unusual for a club to have a player struggling with a degenerative injury but three? That's either tremendously bad luck or poor handling of the injuries.

You are correct

Do rookie elevations count as draft picks? Could be a loophole.

Other option is under age players who slid, you never know who will be available. From memory guys like Pavlich and Jonathon Brown were missed in drafts before going high the next year when they were a year older.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back