List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do rookie elevations count as draft picks? Could be a loophole.

Other option is under age players who slid, you never know who will be available. From memory guys like Pavlich and Jonathon Brown were missed in drafts before going high the next year when they were a year older.

Yeah rookie upgrades count to the 3 minimum picks

It's also possible that GC's medical team just sucks. I mean, JOM, Swallow and Ablett (plus some others I've probably forgotten) have been out for two years with one injury each. It's not unusual for a club to have a player struggling with a degenerative injury but three? That's either tremendously bad luck or poor handling of the injuries.
Swallow and JOM are knee injuries but not your run of the mill acls.
Ablett is just an idiot who doesn't believe in modern medicine. Pretty sure he wouldn't take proper pain relief or even anti inflammatories which more than half recovery time post surgery.

Swallow and JOM are knee injuries but not your run of the mill acls.
Ablett is just an idiot who doesn't believe in modern medicine. Pretty sure he wouldn't take proper pain relief or even anti inflammatories which more than half recovery time post surgery.

Really? Jeez, bet they wish they'd put a clause in that massive contract about that.

Really? Jeez, bet they wish they'd put a clause in that massive contract about that.
It's madness. He's a solid built bloke who suffered a shoulder dislocation in round 12/13. Came back round 1 and still didn't have full movement and was clearly in pain.

It's really a shame because the world needs him out there. Beautiful to watch.

Vozzo on 6pr just then:

Petrie sounds like it's happening
Will be looking for a small forward through the draft and/or rookie draft
Butler not guaranteed a contract for next year, sitting down with his management on Monday
Didn't have enough cap room for Ballantyne after taking Mitchell
Will take best available talent at 12 and then look at needs, mentioned a couple of times we need more quality tall players, and they're pretty happy with the young midfielders we already have. Gave the impression we could be going tall at the draft.

Probably worth listening to the interview as I was only listening in the background so my summary could be way off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vozzo on 6pr just then:

Butler not guaranteed a contract for next year, sitting down with his management on Monday
Will take best available talent at 12 and then look at needs, mentioned a couple of times we need more quality tall players, and they're pretty happy with the young midfielders we already have. Gave the impression we could be going tall at the draft.

Probably worth listening to the interview as I was only listening in the background so my summary could be way off
Christ that's concerning

Great, hopefully we stock up on forwards

Can someone explain why we are so tight on the cap. I hope its just a timing issue where we have front loaded and have plenty of room in years to come, otherwise there is some serious mismanagement of our player contracts. No way this list should be topping out the cap.

I would suggest on current projections the best tall talents logue,marshall,english would be lucky to have 1 make the top 10 tall projects in next years draft.

Going by Vozzo on 6pr and Cal article on first pick to me it screams
Shai Bolton.
He is the best talent unless Taranto slides which is unlikely doubt north would let him slide to us
I honestly cant see us picking up English I think he will end up at gold coast.
Todd Marshall ive been told we have hardly spoken to, so i suggest that means we have very little interest in.

Can someone explain why we are so tight on the cap. I hope its just a timing issue where we have front loaded and have plenty of room in years to come, otherwise there is some serious mismanagement of our player contracts. No way this list should be topping out the cap.
We have better players than people think. Our talls are a lot better than most teams. Naitanui, Kennedy, Gov, Lycett would all be on decent money. EMac signed an expensive contract rumoured to be around 600k. The older guys like Lecras, Priddis, Hurn, Wellingham would be on a bit. Shuey and Gaff would have upped their contracts recently.

It all adds up an the current cap is only 10.5 million.

Vozzo on 6pr just then:

Going tall I think he means rookie draft where we will look at a couple of ruckman.
Petrie and Cameron on the vic kid

It's also possible that GC's medical team just sucks. I mean, JOM, Swallow and Ablett (plus some others I've probably forgotten) have been out for two years with one injury each. It's not unusual for a club to have a player struggling with a degenerative injury but three? That's either tremendously bad luck or poor handling of the injuries.
Dont forget harley with his sore nose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back