Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Minutes are minutes. And there are plenty of them over the course of the season. Case in point, City don’t seem to struggle rotating six of Sterling, Silva, Aguero, Jesus, Sané & Mahrez into three. They’d be daft to put all their eggs in Sterling, Aguero & Sané being fit and firing to play every single game of the season.
Well Sane is a non factor because he is injured and out for a long time. Silva plays more midfield rather than front three.

So it's really just Sterling, Jesus, Aguero and Mahrez. Jesus knows he's not first XI too.

Very different to our situation at Liverpool.

dont think he leaves dortmund for a few years yet.
He'll move.
Shame that we were so close to getting him before Dortmund too :(

Apparently going for Nubel from Schalke in the summer.
We will need a new keeper by then.

City don’t seem to struggle rotating six of Sterling, Silva, Aguero, Jesus, Sané & Mahrez into three.

We rotate a lot though, Klopp seems fairly happy playing his best XI week in week out until he has to change.

He might be more willing to rotate with an option like Sancho though.

Maybe you want to read again. I asked you what previous transfers between the two clubs indicate that he would go for not much money. You then went on about the clubs' owners and all that, which was beside the point. I looked at their transfer history and the fees paid for Salzburg players appear to be like they were at market value. Not sure how that translates to there being no chance that he'll go for a tiny fee. I never said anything like that.
That's precisely where the conversation started, me suggesting Leipzig could afford him and you saying they couldn't.

We rotate a lot though, Klopp seems fairly happy playing his best XI week in week out until he has to change.

He might be more willing to rotate with an option like Sancho though.
We haven't really got many high quality options, Origi might have the odd game on the left, Brewster would play a cup game up top, Shaqiri would be on the right every now and then if he wasn't injured, Ox I'd prefer if he was in the midfield 3, Elliott is 16 years old.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
We haven't really got many high quality options, Origi might have the odd game on the left, Brewster would play a cup game up top, Shaqiri would be on the right every now and then if he wasn't injured, Ox I'd prefer if he was in the midfield 3, Elliott is 16 years old.

Correct. A significant factor as to why we don’t rotate our front 3 more frequently is that we don’t have another option of commensurate quality to rotate them with. Conversely, because we have 5-6 midfielders of fairly even quality, we can routinely rotate our midfield 3 without a drop off in performance, and they all end up with substantial (and I suspect pretty even) playing time across the season.

The argument against us getting Sancho seems to be that because we don’t give Origi more playing time, we couldn’t/wouldn’t be able to give someone like Sancho playing time, which doesn’t seem like a particularly good reason to me.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I think the argument is Sancho will want to go to a club where he is the starting RW in most games. Will he be that at Pool over Salah?

Not right now obviously. Sancho could be at LFC for another 10 years though and Mo will be off within 4 years. Same with Sadio. The older he gets the less games he'll be able to play. I suspect if Sancho joined us he would get plenty of game time because he has the quality, unlike Origi who really is best used as an impact sub with a more direct style of play.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think the argument is Sancho will want to go to a club where he is the starting RW in most games. Will he be that at Pool over Salah?

And the counter argument is that if he performs, he would rotate across the front 3 like all of our forwards, end up with plenty of starts while continuing to learn from some of the best forwards & arguably one of the best managers in the game, and hopefully win a bit of silverware in the process.

Not sure why he’s being pigeonholed to a single position. (1) he’s 19, and (2) most of the best modern forwards are flexible and can play in multiple positions across the front 3, which with the right instruction I’m sure he wouldn’t struggle with. He’s played left wing plenty of times throughout his career.

Last season we played 53 games in all competitions, x3 attacking positions (LW/CF/RW) = 159 opportunities to start. For arguments sake say those starts were divided evenly amongst 4 options to rotate through those 3 positions across the season = 40 starts each on average.

He may well choose to go elsewhere in the end, but I don’t think lack of opportunity would be an issue for him at Anfield.

That's precisely where the conversation started, me suggesting Leipzig could afford him and you saying they couldn't.

FWIW has been confirmed that the clause does not exist.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Sounds like

If you guys make CL I wonder what Mou will do as that means the buyout becomes an obligation.
If we stick with the 4231 he's a good option to play the left side or behind Kane
I liked him at PSG when he got a chance.
for the 38m or whatever it is, he's good value. Just need to see what he brings to THO's ( :p) setup.

edit: he's also half the price of bringing in Fernandes, which may not be a top priority should Eriksen stay
Ideally i'd like to focus on Dias, perhaps a left back and let Rose go, and find an RB to support Aurier (or push Aurier to support)

Jan will be interesting for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back