Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

£170m isn't that much for the richer clubs to manage if they're in a reasonable financial state.

The transfer fee will be amortised over the length of the contract (say five years) so you're looking at a £34m hit on your profit or loss for the next five years.

I would have thought most clubs would be able to raise that through sales of fringe players.

Wages for Haaland will be a big issue, and that's where maybe a club that gets him will have to shed a big name salary to balance things out.

Whether they think that is vfm for Haaland is another thing and there is a risk of committing that much to one player who may or may not fit in. Might be better off spending that transfer fee on 2 or 3 players instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

£170m isn't that much for the richer clubs to manage if they're in a reasonable financial state.

The transfer fee will be amortised over the length of the contract (say five years) so you're looking at a £34m hit on your profit or loss for the next five years.

I would have thought most clubs would be able to raise that through sales of fringe players.

Wages for Haaland will be a big issue, and that's where maybe a club that gets him will have to shed a big name salary to balance things out.

Whether they think that is vfm for Haaland is another thing and there is a risk of committing that much to one player who may or may not fit in. Might be better off spending that transfer fee on 2 or 3 players instead.
Stop trying to talk as if you're not one of the richest clubs in the world.

Stop trying to talk as if you're not one of the richest clubs in the world.
I wasn't. If we want him we'd have no problem paying the going rate.

I just think we prefer Kane (I'd prefer Haaland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back