Unsolved Trial date for Ciara Glennon Claremont suspect delayed again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

so what does it mean 'vacated'? Something the prosecution failed to do on time, or the defense?

It was adjourned and moved to another date, that other date has to be slotted in somewhere and they're usually booked well into the future. Prosecution probably not ready yet for full disclosure, you'd think they'd have had enough time already.

• Banned
"A vacated judgment makes a previous legal judgment legally void. A vacated judgment is usually the result of the judgment of an appellate court, which overturns, reverses, or sets aside the judgment of a lower court. An appellate court may also vacate its own decisions."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacated_judgment

"When a trial is vacated it means that it will no longer take place on the date set aside for it in the court calendar. This usually happens when one or both of the parties is not ready to proceed and there is agreement between them both that an adjournment (that is, a postponement) would be in order.

If only one side wanted the adjournment and the other did not agree the trial date would still remain, the witnesses still required to attend and the Magistrates would decide whether to allow an adjournment or not.

The fact that the trial has been vacated (rather than discontinued, which would happen if the defendant had indicated his intention to change his plea) indicates that the first scenario I described is the most likely to apply here."
https://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Law/Question1031715.html

Last edited:
"A vacated judgment makes a previous legal judgment legally void. A vacated judgment is usually the result of the judgment of an appellate court, which overturns, reverses, or sets aside the judgment of a lower court. An appellate court may also vacate its own decisions."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacated_judgment

"When a trial is vacated it means that it will no longer take place on the date set aside for it in the court calendar. This usually happens when one or both of the parties is not ready to proceed and there is agreement between them both that an adjournment (that is, a postponement) would be in order.

If only one side wanted the adjournment and the other did not agree the trial date would still remain, the witnesses still required to attend and the Magistrates would decide whether to allow an adjournment or not.

The fact that the trial has been vacated (rather than discontinued, which would happen if the defendant had indicated his intention to change his plea) indicates that the first scenario I described is the most likely to apply here."
https://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Law/Question1031715.html

It wasn't a trial date vacated but committal mention to say okay, the brief's up the prosecution's got it all now plead. Are you guilty or innocent?

• Banned
It wasn't a trial date vacated but committal mention to say okay, the brief's up the prosecution's got it all now plead. Are you guilty or innocent?

Yep, set a trial date. Nup, we are not ready. More information has come to hand. Its snowballing.

Who was the person that said WA doesn't have Committal Hearings?

Reading this, Im under the assumption you are saying there was a plea?

• Banned
The current discovered bodies are not far from main arterial roads, a short distance from 2wd access. Kerry Turners is Canning Dam with no exact location supplied anywhere.

The two drives, are 45km by car at approximately 50-60 minutes driving in the day. (1996)

6PndYlj.jpg

BTW when I said that I didn't mean to sound like a know all, it is just that a lot of people get confused and that's is why the third option of "Innocent" has been raised in WA.

Guilty or Not Guilty. The Australian legal system doesn't have the option of a plea of "innocent" when indicted although it is something that has been discussed in WA legal circles when the overwhelming evidence is that of innocence as opposed to not guilty.

I agree, I was a bit flippant there. You're correct, that's what I should have said.

Yep, set a trial date. Nup, we are not ready. More information has come to hand. Its snowballing.

Who was the person that said WA doesn't have Committal Hearings?

Reading this, Im under the assumption you are saying there was a plea?

No, he's not required to enter one yet. Probably February now. By the way .... pfffft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20 years of diabolical game playing, and now no one wants to come out and play.
giphy.gif

Oh, hang on :rainbow:

Last edited:
Detectives alleged recent DNA tests on a kimono found nearly 30 years ago matched samples found on the body of the third victim Ciara Glennon.

They also matched samples from a 17-year-old girl who was abducted in Claremont in 1995 before she was allegedly sexually assaulted in the Karrakatta cemetery.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...emont-serial-killings-case.html#ixzz4wW7dwbPP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Have you got a thread for Julie Cutler Dan? I have a feeling something might break there soon, nothing solid but ... it's very interesting anyway and I think she was put in the 'too hard' basket.

There is Telstra workers everywhere. However, in the Hayley case, there is Telstra workers.

Telstra workers were in Pippidinny when Ciara was discovered.

I await to see whether the workers were just doing maintenance, or expanding the broader network?

Was anyone else on the peripheral in any capacity? Some interesting times ahead.

The current discovered bodies are not far from main arterial roads, a short distance from 2wd access. Kerry Turners is Canning Dam with no exact location supplied anywhere.

The two drives, are 45km by car at approximately 50-60 minutes driving in the day. (1996)

6PndYlj.jpg

Nice map there - note you have Mundaring Weir tagged.

Again the recollection is sketchy but wasn't there was some comment about Little Ceasers in the old Australian crime blog.

Something like that o_O

Interesting road names in that area too :huh:

Bit like Mill Point Road. Or thereabouts.

Do you remember?

#immediategoals #kumbaya #boom

Last edited:
Nice map there - note you have Mundaring Weir tagged.

Again the recollection is sketchy but wasn't there was some comment about Little Ceasers in the old Australian crime blog.

Something like that o_O

Bit like Mill Point Road. Or thereabouts.

Do you remember?

Mundaring road is only pinned to show where it is. The Kerry pin is only an approximation of Canning. They are only denoting the dam areas because Kerry was found at Canning Dam. Earth doesn't really have name attributes for the dams. It depends which dataset you are in.

The orange line down is from the official coordinates of the GPO to Jane. The orange line exactly 90 degrees from the 2 bodies leading from 347 Stirling and Stirling rd goes through the centre of Southern Cross intersection at 347 kms (Coolgardie & Loch road) then up to Kalgoorlie.

GPO > PMG > Telecom > Telstra
df3BZZT.jpg

13HARjx.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
The ubiquitous DROC who wrote many a ramble about someone named Michelle in CSK threads, lived down White Gum Valley (Fremantle) way.

Now Im pondering whether Michelle is a man?

The ubiquitous DROC who wrote many a ramble about someone named Michelle in CSK threads, lived down White Gum Valley (Fremantle) way.

Now Im pondering whether Michelle is a man?
Quite a detailed narrative there - January 2015 o_O

The conclusion was unexpected :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back