Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

used to be an avid MMM listener for footy (anyone remember the sunday rub they used to have with Lyon and Newman back in the day)
Some of the stuff they are currently putting online and on the Podcasts from MMM's halcyon days shows how far it has slipped in the last few years.
They have had the Tight team of the Century, the drink stealer, some 360 degree feedback, Chomp Frawley and the after hours Team of the Century.
Absolutely hilarious.

Some of the stuff they are currently putting online and on the Podcasts from MMM's halcyon days shows how far it has slipped in the last few years.
They have had the Tight team of the Century, the drink stealer, some 360 degree feedback, Chomp Frawley and the after hours Team of the Century.
Absolutely hilarious.
There will never be that mix of uncomfortable yet hilarious radio again. The way they could bring up personal shit on the radio and just roast each other was top notch

Absolutely hilarious.

Whoever put The Youtube Rub channel togethet deserves a medal. Listen to the old eps every offseason.

Would kill to be able to listen to full old shows with Foss/Chief/JB in the 2000’s too. The few old clips the have are good but I want the whole thing.

I feel like (for me) the peak of even MMM and Chan 9 was before the Lyon and Brownless saga happened.

Lyon and JB were good, I thought

Some of the Saturday afternoon stuff used to be hilarious
It was, the real nail in the coffin was the joking about drowning caro
Think that was the moment they stopped going after anyone outside of MMM

Yes, while the Brownless/Lyon thing was the final massive nail in the coffin of the best era, I’m pretty sure Spud’s depression played a big part in them cutting right back on the sh1t-hanging before that. I think Wayne Schwass also had a hand in this, and, while I can’t recall when these 2 guys were there, Paul Roos and Warren Tredrea apparently put a stop to the worst on ground votes.

I thought the departure of Newman was gunna kill the show, but it got better

Last edited:
If the merger with ARN goes ahead, MMM is more likely to go with O'Connell (Gold Show) as the ARN stations (Gold, WSFM) are likely to be sold as required under law.

The way it's going to work is ARN will get MMM and add it to KIIS. A new company called Anchorage Capital Partners will get the Hit Network and Gold to get around the ownership laws.

I feel like (for me) the peak of even MMM and Chan 9 was before the Lyon and Brownless saga happened.

Lyon and JB were good, I thought

Some of the Saturday afternoon stuff used to be hilarious
Struck me that JB genuinely likes Garry, they are best mates and worked so well together. They could say anything to each other and neither was going to get annoyed cause it was all just part of the show.

Not sure he really likes some of the others on MMM. Even Bill, sometimes feels like he actually means the abuse lol.

Spud’s makeup is the all time greatest - perfectly set up by JB & Lyon - the greatest stitch up and taken so well by Spud / may he be resting in peace

Just listened to it recently. There's a bit of gold in that one that doesn't get acknowledged.

I love that Spud thinks he knows what it's about, he's threatening JB and his brother, JB starts to read the email - "I have make up..."

And then you hear it dawn on Spud that it's so much worse than he thought, and he just goes "oh no."

Gold I reckon, one of my favourite moments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to it recently. There's a bit of gold in that one that doesn't get acknowledged.

I love that Spud thinks he knows what it's about, he's threatening JB and his brother, JB starts to read the email - "I have make up..."

And then you hear it dawn on Spud that it's so much worse than he thought, and he just goes "oh no."

Gold I reckon, one of my favourite moments.

The things I’d do to have the golden era back. I remember listening sometimes thinking gee I hope this group never splits up.

Genuinely would have me in tears in the car of laughter, also remember working a Saturday morning laughing so hard I couldn’t even get any work done.

Sometimes you just have the perfect formula - 4/5 mates who seemed to genuinely like each other, genuinely talented broadcaster etc. MMM had it from 2002-2005 (Jb, BT, Sammy and Dunstall) and then again (2007-2015 with JB, Garry, Spud, Damo, Chief (Fridays) and BT (07-09,15). I doubt we will ever get football radio like that ever again. It’s not bad now, a bit over produced, still think JB is the best radio talent in Australia with Kyle & Ross but it will never be what it was!

Was always the best bit of that sting.

Have also been listening to the classic moments that they've been putting out as Podcasts the last couple weeks and the material has only gotten better with age.

Stopped listening to Friday's a long time ago and the others are a pale comparison to a decade ago sadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back