Rumour Trouble at Brisbane? Do NOT Name Names, Thank You - BF Admin

Remove this Banner Ad

Im gonna be honest a lot of what’s being thrown around at the moment seems like bull, which is par for the course from McClure I guess. Rayner has split from his GF, okay?

The big “accusation” involved Charlie - him and his partner seem to still be together, she’s still posting silly photos of him on Instagram. I’ve also seen hipwoods name being thrown around, but again they still seem to be together on Instagram, they’re just selling their house? Okay great, plenty of people do up houses and then move on to another because they enjoy the process.

Maybe, just maybe, some of our players are down on form, and there’s nothing more to it. Hell, Rayner was one of our better players last night lol.

Couple Brisbane supporters in here are holding firm that it's BS.

I'm sure if it's right we will see an apology.

Couple Brisbane supporters in here are holding firm that it's BS.

I'm sure if it's right we will see an apology.

There’s a stark difference between “this thing may have happened” and “this thing has divided the playing group and they hate each other now” that McClure is reporting.

All three of our games we’ve been in, and really could have won. If we’d gone 3/3, would McClure be reporting this? Absolutely not. The first half of the match against Carlton was still probably the best footy of any team this year so far, just complete domination of a team projected for top 4. Certainly didn’t look like a team with a “rift”.

IF something happened, who cares. The point is that it’s not what’s going on, what’s going on is a poor form slump compounded by an unfortunate injury run.

And again, most of the players named in rumours seem to still be with their partners on social media. Storm in a teacup from the man who gets actively made fun of by his colleagues.

There’s a stark difference between “this thing may have happened” and “this thing has divided the playing group and they hate each other now” that McClure is reporting.

All three of our games we’ve been in, and really could have won. If we’d gone 3/3, would McClure be reporting this? Absolutely not. The first half of the match against Carlton was still probably the best footy of any team this year so far, just complete domination of a team projected for top 4. Certainly didn’t look like a team with a “rift”.

IF something happened, who cares. The point is that it’s not what’s going on, what’s going on is a poor form slump compounded by an unfortunate injury run.

And again, most of the players named in rumours seem to still be with their partners on social media. Storm in a teacup from the man who gets actively made fun of by his colleagues.
He’s not reporting they hate each other, he’s reporting that the club has told him they have dealt with it and assured him that there are no lingering issues.

I tend to agree with you. Had Lions been playing well, I wonder whether this 'supposed' rumour ever would have surfaced. It just seems like now some in the media are looking for excuses for Brisbane's poor start.

Not dissimilar to last week when Caro wanted to suggest there was friction in the admin department at the Pies & supposedly that affected our ball handling skills on the field 🙄

I tend to agree with you. Had Lions been playing well, I wonder whether this 'supposed' rumour ever would have surfaced. It just seems like now some in the media are looking for excuses for Brisbane's poor start.

Not dissimilar to last week when Caro wanted to suggest there was friction in the admin department at the Pies & supposedly that affected our ball handling skills on the field

Exactly lol, players that may or may not have cheated on their partners 4 months ago on the other side of the world is DEFINITELY the reason why our goal kicking has been terrible and none of our forwards can hold a mark.

Now there’s all this talk of a “CRISIS MEETING” today - is that related to the scandal as is being reported? Or is that a normal leadership meeting the day after a grand final team goes 0-3 to try and get things back on track. I guarantee there were similar meetings happening at Collingwood last week, but without the women’s weekly level drama they weren’t being reported on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly lol, players that may or may not have cheated on their partners 4 months ago on the other side of the world is DEFINITELY the reason why our goal kicking has been terrible and none of our forwards can hold a mark.

Now there’s all this talk of a “CRISIS MEETING” today - is that related to the scandal as is being reported? Or is that a normal leadership meeting the day after a grand final team goes 0-3 to try and get things back on track. I guarantee there were similar meetings happening at Collingwood last week, but without the women’s weekly level drama they weren’t being reported on.
From Herald article
Senior officials at the Lions started fielding calls about the US trip during last week’s bye.
The winless Lions called the meeting of their leaders late on Good Friday to discuss revelations that rifts occurred on that holiday to the United States.
“We asked all the leaders again today and they said, ‘No, there’s nothing in it at all’ in terms of a split in the group.”
“It’s just bulls***. There’s no split in the group. This was in November, by the way. It’s not the reason we’re going no good.

“We’re not horrible, by the way. It’s just that a few of our good blokes are out of form.

Last edited:
if you think footy players dont get up to mischief on footy trips youre a different breed of naive
The version I’ve heard makes it sounds like someone’s partner accessed the boys end of season trip grouo chat and then distributed info not meant for others

The version I’ve heard makes it sounds like someone’s partner accessed the boys end of season trip grouo chat and then distributed info not meant for others
Yep, heard that a particular all Australian small forwards partner found the messages and told all the other players involved partners, then the crap hit the fan.

Yep, heard that a particular all Australian small forwards partner found the messages and told all the other players involved partners, then the crap hit the fan.
When you marry this up with the output of last years all aus small forward, it’s obvious that there is a disconnect with teammates on & off field, in particular a former #1 draft pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back