Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I am watching James Cameron's "The Terminator"

I prefer it to T2, but I’ve come to appreciate the latter more now that I ignore the gargantuan plotholes and recognise the signposts to John Connor’s future John Connordom.

I prefer it to T2, but I’ve come to appreciate the latter more now that I ignore the gargantuan plotholes and recognise the signposts to John Connor’s future John Connordom.
Might * around and watch T2 after this. T1 is the perfect movie. T2 the perfect sequel. Except for putting a *in kid in the film.

Always ignore plot holes (unless it’s actually a bad movie) and simply headcanon the plot to make sense and all the characters as gay and/or trans.

Astronema’s rule #1 of movie enjoyment.

#2 is w e e d

I realise I have been posting a bit angry lately. My 95 year old mother was recently diagnosed with advanced liver cancer and it is a stressful time. I find that my emotions have been erratic and heightened.

Anyway this isn't about me, but to acknowledge the best person I have ever known.
All the best Ford for your Mum. You've always been such a fair moderator and great poster. Love the dad jokes. Take care mate

Always ignore plot holes (unless it’s actually a bad movie) and simply headcanon the plot to make sense and all the characters as gay and/or trans.

Astronema’s rule #1 of movie enjoyment.

#2 is w e e d

”Lol nah, of course I can drive in the dark without headlights — I have enhanced night vision m8”

*nek minnut*

“Can you hold that fluorescent light real close to your mother’s wound so I can see what I’m doing as I sew it up, John? Cheers bro”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

however the director's cut is complete poo
I don't hate the director's cut, but it does ******* drag on a bit and I'd rather not deal with that every time I want to rewatch it.

So I found a BluRay Rip of the the theatrical release. Much more palatable.

The only thing T1 has over T2 is ****, dick, balls, and funky 80s synth music.

Ok a handful of things then.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

In terms of a direct comparison to the first movie and making a franchise/series better overall, Terminator 2 may be the greatest sequel of all time.

Mum passed away this morning. Never forget to tell your mother that you love her. No one loves you like your mother does. Goodbye mum. I will always miss you.

Mum passed away this morning. Never forget to tell your mother that you love her. No one loves you like your mother does. Goodbye mum. I will always miss you.

Very true. Completely different story but same message, my mother lost her beloved dog of 18 years. She lives alone so this was quite a loss to her. I went and visited and she was absolutely distraught and she said she had "never felt so alone" when she was faced with the prospect of taking the dog to be put down after it had a stroke.

The sight of seeing her so upset was extremely distressing, and I don't see her that often or even think about her that much - but that certainly rekindled and made me remember how much I cared about her. It was a strange wake up call that i'd not spent as much time with her as I should.

Sorry to hear that Ford. Thoughts are with you mate.

I have no regrets but plenty of missed opportunities in life but I am always grateful I get to see my mum neatly everyday. Whatever gains might've been made moving away, I feel comfortable in my decisions and peace of mind that it wouldn't be worth it. I'm lucky.

Dunno if I'll be passing that message on to child/children though. It would be like guilting.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back