Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrigation systems, headaches. Ok in the lawn but that's it, I'd much rather water the garden the old fashion way than one day spent putting in the irrigation then having it easy.

Has anyone here had much luck killing a bamboo plant whilst on the topic of gardens?

The irrigation is for the veggie patch. So it's pretty niche and accessible. The lawn however has sprinklers and they are ******* useless.

Has anyone here had much luck killing a bamboo plant whilst on the topic of gardens?
Cut off to a couple of feet above ground and pour herbicide into hollow stems. This can give some leverage when the poison has done it's job to get at the corms with spade not shovel to then lever out with fork. The bamboo stems you cut off can be useful trellising etc.

Cut off to a couple of feet above ground and pour herbicide into hollow stems. This can give some leverage when the poison has done it's job to get at the corms with spade not shovel to then lever out with fork. The bamboo stems you cut off can be useful trellising etc.

Thought so, can't get to lower than like three foot to the ground, it's just too thick and solid and no chainsaw I got hands on can cut through. Tried coming from the side with a mattock, nope. Lots of poison down the guts is the next step.

Irrigation systems, headaches. Ok in the lawn but that's it, I'd much rather water the garden the old fashion way than one day spent putting in the irrigation then having it easy.

Opposite problem here. For 6 months of the year the garden is utterly saturated. Last year put in a French drain on one side of the housing going into stormwater. Need to do another one on the other side too, 20m+ of Ag pipe and a s**t load of gravel, plus a lot of digging

I hopefully wouldn't be buying heaps.. just classic albums that I've dug for years..

How do you find the sound compares to stuff like Spotify streaming? Does it sound more "natural" , less processed?

Hard to say in early days blutoothing to portable speaker but my immediate thoughts without comparing to a digital rip was there the cymbal-hi hats feel more pronounced as if the physical pressing has greater percussion.

Last edited:
Shitloads. I dumped all my old gear when I moved house so it's all brand new stuff I'll be after. The usual staples.

Gardening crowbar (******* agapanthus)
Mattock
Axe
Shitloads of polypipe, joiners risers etc.
Seamongus by the ton.
Garden fencing for the to-be veggie garden etc.

Looks like the shopping list of a Prepper.

Thought so, can't get to lower than like three foot to the ground, it's just too thick and solid and no chainsaw I got hands on can cut through. Tried coming from the side with a mattock, nope. Lots of poison down the guts is the next step.
3ft off ground is a good height for leverage down the track. Hopefully no need for you to do the job all at once. If you can't or don't need the cut canes

others you know might they can be useful things.

I thought the music debate was sh*t and the gaming worse but NO the gardening talk has taken this to an all new low.

I have to drop my 16yo at his KFC shift at Marion. I’m going to teach him the art of how to tuck and roll out of a moving car 😉
Point taken i'll go and stand in the corner... head down of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall telling people to restrict their travel whilst half the state is moving 100s and kms away for 2 weeks. Good effort.

Also he is lying through his teeth as if Spurrier didn't tell him that we should lock the borders after the Omicron virus came into the country

Marshall telling people to restrict their travel whilst half the state is moving 100s and kms away for 2 weeks. Good effort.

Also he is lying through his teeth as if Spurrier didn't tell him that we should lock the borders after the Omicron virus came into the country

He's an absolute clown. Opens borders just long enough to let delta in, then tries to close them again, then gets locked out from other states. Has nowhere near enough capacity for testing, let alone pathology or treatment, despite 2 years to prepare. Then between Xmas and new year, after promising things would be back to normal and people finally get to see their family and travel, he tries to shut down new years eve.

Sack him

I was actually thinking of voting for him after the handling of Covid.

Then he goes and opens up before Xmas at the behest of his ‘Federal Masters’.

No chance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back