FTA-TV TV Shows That Have Aged Poorly

Remove this Banner Ad

Christina: I'm breaking down ethnic barriers. I'm holding up a mirror to multicultural society. I'm standing up and representing all second-generation migrant woman. I'm giving them someone to look up to.

Woman in street: She makes me feel really good about being a dumb sl*t
:tearsofjoy:

Christina: I'm breaking down ethnic barriers. I'm holding up a mirror to multicultural society. I'm standing up and representing all second-generation migrant woman. I'm giving them someone to look up to.
Hey what's that other thing I say?

Oh, you can take the boy out of Brunswick, but you can't take Brunswick out of the boy.

Bring back the Late Show.

/except for Judith Lucy.
The one time I did chuckle at one of her jokes was when she was talking about some guy bashing another person at a nightclub that was laughing at his dancing style.

"Thank God Peter Garrett doesn't have a temper"

Yeah she was the weakest on there though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Martin and Rob Sitch were the best. Molloy isn't really funny on his own (as we've seen in the years since..) but was great as a foil for Martin.
Martin and Molloy were just a perfect odd couple. Complete opposites that work well together (like Lee Mack and David Mitchell on Would I Lie To You).

Rob and Tom both clearly clever writers, Santo was great too. I reckon Jane was the weakest. More personable than Judith but no real comedy chops. Jason Stephens was ok but didn’t do much else either.

My Dawsons Creek box set still holding up nicely.

Time for a remake though as I do wonder if Joey ever went back to Dawson after some sweet Pacey action. And WTF happened on that yacht :think:

"Chances" from the early 90s

Geez,I remember that, even back then it was regarded as garbage.

An E Street DVD box set has just been released (first 96 episodes or so)

Looking forward to seeing it if was as camp/good as my childhood remembers. (Mr Bad freaked me ou

The complete series of Kingswood Country is also out, pickle me grandmother :D

Leave it to Beaver

Has aged terribly but, for a ‘50’s show, has one of the dirtiest lines ever said on commercial TV:

“ weren’t you a little hard on the beaver last night Ward?”

That reminds me of an episode of 'How I Met Your Mother', where Ted, Barney, Lily and Marshall watch a Canadian TV show called 'Space Teens' which Robyn starred in as a teenager. The show is extremely low budget and dated, and the four Americans laugh at the lines which are innocent enough on the surface but have a double entendre about them, annoying Robyn.

In a later scene, Ted and Barney are watching the DVD again and Robyn and her friend Jessica from the show are talking about their beavers - soft toy animal beavers - and the two girls even suggest they sing a song, about their beavers. Robyn turns off the DVD before the song can be seen, irritated by Barney and Ted's continual laughing and jokes. Just how Cobie Smulders managed to keep a straight face and appear completely humorless when filming these scenes given co-stars Josh Radnor and Neil Patrick Harris are in near hysterics is absolutely amazing.

Geez,I remember that, even back then it was regarded as garbage.

An E Street DVD box set has just been released (first 96 episodes or so)

Looking forward to seeing it if was as camp/good as my childhood remembers. (Mr Bad freaked me ou

The complete series of Kingswood Country is also out, pickle me grandmother :D

If I remember correctly Chances had bizarre and outlandish storylines such as science fiction, ghosts and supernatural creatures from the start; while E Street started off as a soap opera firmly grounded in the real world like Home and Away, Neighbours or A Country Practice, but its plots became unrealistic and ventured into fantasy/supernatural/sci-fi in the last 18 months or so of its run. Didn't an E Street character turn into a werewolf at one stage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back