TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been watching Homeland seasons 4 & 5 - I actually preferred the last two seasons to the first 3 which were a bit over the top. I'd give it 7.5/10.

The big news is that rumours of a Deadwood movie actually may actually have legs. If you haven't watched it, Deadwood was heading into GOAT territory until the writer's strike derailed the show. That they are talking about a movie to wrap up the series is huge.
That'd be awesome, although I'll believe it when I see it. Those rumours have been around for ages. A bit like Pink Floyd getting back together;)

Having said that, I'm up for some movie length Swearengen!

And I agree about Homeland. We might be in the minority, but I'm enjoying the current season more than the ealier ones also

I would highly recommend Narcos and The Jinx if you like crime shows/docos. I heard Jessica Jones was good as well.

I'm looking forward to the returns of Suits, House of Cards and Game of Thrones the most.
Just started watching The Jinx. I know its a story told predominantly from one perspective, but its scary how the system can be so inept and corrupt. And in a country where they have the death penalty too:eek:. I wonder how many people have been wrongly put to death

Just realised I was referring to Making a Murderer:$. Getting my doco style shows mixed up

Last edited:
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Game Of thrones
Vikings
Sons Of Anarchy
Dexter

So I like criminal types in shows

Narcos is terrific.
Old favourites

Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister
Frasier

And the show that's genius funny and clever

Hogans Heroes (they never hid the idea that the Nazis were dreadful and killers)

Under appreciated is Believe (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2592094/) for those looking for a hidden gem.

Can't really put myself through watching a series that I know has been cancelled after the heartbreak of Firefly.

It's a pity too as Forever looked like it could be alright (thankfully I didn't get to it while it was airing) and it got cancelled as well :S

Can't really put myself through watching a series that I know has been cancelled after the heartbreak of Firefly.

It's a pity too as Forever looked like it could be alright (thankfully I didn't get to it while it was airing) and it got cancelled as well :S

That's the tricky part with these programs. I watch Arrow and similar programs but Believe for me really took the cake as my numero uno as my favourite program of 2015.

The problem with Believe I imagine is that advertising was likely not targeted at a specific consumer, and that's the tricky part about the program because people of different ages, genders etc would find it very watchable.

Forever also I enjoyed when it was on and only heard a couple of weeks back now that it also has been cancelled.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I agree. Doesn't seem to have received much fanfare, though, which I find quite disturbing.
Hmmm yeah it doesn't seem to have gone viral per se, but I've noticed it to have been highly recommended.

Hmmm yeah it doesn't seem to have gone viral per se, but I've noticed it to have been highly recommended.

To be honest I've never heard it discussed by anyone I know. Season 2 is confirmed for July I think so hopefully it's get legs for more after it.

To be honest I've never heard it discussed by anyone I know. Season 2 is confirmed for July I think so hopefully it's get legs for more after it.
Mr Robot was pretty huge. Didn't it win Best drama recently at the Golden Globe awards? I didn't mind it, although I found it a bit confusing at times. The whole 'fight club' aspect wore me down a bit.

Mr Robot was pretty huge. Didn't it win Best drama recently at the Golden Globe awards? I didn't mind it, although I found it a bit confusing at times. The whole 'fight club' aspect wore me down a bit.

I wasn't aware of the golden globes thing. It's good that it won the recognition it deserves.

It did get confusing in the last few episodes but sort of explained itself in the end. I enjoy it.

I've got a $120 Netflix gift card for anyone that may be interested. Some mods and senior posters can vouch for me if unsure. Comes with my insight about Collingwood for the next 12 months, even if you don't want the latter. It's an all in one package.

I've got a $120 Netflix gift card for anyone that may be interested. Some mods and senior posters can vouch for me if unsure. Comes with my insight about Collingwood for the next 12 months, even if you don't want the latter. It's an all in one package.

What is the Price?

I'll vouch for you, anytime. PieLebo is a good man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back