FTA-TV Twin Peaks

Remove this Banner Ad

Still kinda surreal that this whole continuation of the series is upon us.
It is very unique to continue a story over a quarter of a century after the last instalment.
There is just so much that can be added. Going to be very interesting to see what has happened in that time for many characters and what is going to happen. I love this whole small town feel. Gives great back drop to story telling and reminds me of the town I grew up in and can imagine making so many stories from people in my town and the surroundings that would be awesome for a horror story...lol
I even remember a mythical character from my town that I never actually saw and had some dwelling in thick forest type region. This show makes me think of it when see the footage of the town locations.

It is very unique to continue a story over a quarter of a century after the last instalment.
There is just so much that can be added. Going to be very interesting to see what has happened in that time for many characters and what is going to happen. I love this whole small town feel. Gives great back drop to story telling and reminds me of the town I grew up in and can imagine making so many stories from people in my town and the surroundings that would be awesome for a horror story...lol
I even remember a mythical character from my town that I never actually saw and had some dwelling in thick forest type region. This show makes me think of it when see the footage of the town locations.

I always like the diner scenes, it was such a typical small town feel with their great coffee and cherry pie.

Dale: That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, a slice of cherry pie and a cup of coffee. Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way, that cherry pie is worth a stop.

I always like the diner scenes, it was such a typical small town feel with their great coffee and cherry pie.

Dale: That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, a slice of cherry pie and a cup of coffee. Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way, that cherry pie is worth a stop.

i quoted this in my head using his voice, best part of the show for me.

fire walk with me was freaking traumatising watching it as a kid. I didn't see the tv show till later.

I read/watched Laura's diary, FWWM, Tv show in that order.

was so scared of BOB as a kid that I couldn't bring myself to say "fire walk with me" aloud.

ps: the season 2 cliffhanger is possibly the most torturing of all time equal with Carnivale.

A whole web community has been built around these two shows since cancellation discussing what could have happened next.

ha ha. That is funny to read but I imagine it would have been like that as a kid to see it at the time.
Say it mate.... "FIRE WALK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Would love to see the movie again on the big screen. One of most amazing two hours in a cinema I've had. Interesting you read a book first. Never knew there was one. I watched the movie at cinema not knowing there was a tv series related to it at the time. Completely different experiences to those that were into it as a quirky tv show in early 1990s.
Really hanging out for this to start now.
Another two weeks or whatever it is, is gong to be a killer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait. Which way do you mean that? That you can't wait for the new season, or you can't wait until he stops directing?

Can't wait to see what he has cooking. These short clips of Season 3 have that same eerie digital voyeur look Inland Empire did. Like Michael Mann's switch to digital, I think Lynch could have made some incredibly interesting movies over the last ten years.

Yeah, only read that yesterday. Think he said the only thing making money at the box office is stuff he has no interest in making so he is out. TV as a medium has changed though. Maybe whatever he makes for now on will be stuff like Twin Peaks when he has the inspiration and time. He is well into his 60's so I guess he not going to make movies forever. Do not even know how many movies he made.
Fire Walk With Me the first I ever seen, although did see Elephant Man as a kid, just did not know it was his until more recent times... ha ha.

Can't wait to see what he has cooking. These short clips of Season 3 have that same eerie digital voyeur look Inland Empire did. Like Michael Mann's switch to digital, I think Lynch could have made some incredibly interesting movies over the last ten years.

The trailer definitely reminds me of Inland Empire and Lost Highway's trailer, both eerie and dark. Leaving us guessing and wondering what is happening

Yeah, only read that yesterday. Think he said the only thing making money at the box office is stuff he has no interest in making so he is out. TV as a medium has changed though. Maybe whatever he makes for now on will be stuff like Twin Peaks when he has the inspiration and time. He is well into his 60's so I guess he not going to make movies forever. Do not even know how many movies he made.
Fire Walk With Me the first I ever seen, although did see Elephant Man as a kid, just did not know it was his until more recent times... ha ha.

I think after Inland Empire, Lynch started working on other projects moving away from film besides he isnt interested in making box office type movies.

You should watch Blue Velvet and Eraserhead (if you havent seen them yet). Eraserhead is weird!

The trailer definitely reminds me of Inland Empire and Lost Highway's trailer, both eerie and dark. Leaving us guessing and wondering what is happening

I think after Inland Empire, Lynch started working on other projects moving away from film besides he isnt interested in making box office type movies.

You should watch Blue Velvet and Eraserhead (if you havent seen them yet). Eraserhead is weird!

Yeah, seen Blue Velvet. Was on SBS a few months back. As you said Eraserhead is weird and not weird in a good way. Not sure where I saw that, probably was a kid seeing it on tv and freaky scary I not want to see again. If I'd taken note of the director and even knew David Lynch was the guy that did Fire Walk With Me I may have not been dragged along to cinema to see Fire Walk With Me back in 1992 or whenever it was I saw it. One of my movie buff mates dragged me along. He probably knew the director and why he dragged me along but I was going to a movie I knew nothing about just because always been that way with lots of movies I see. Did not even know it had anything to do with tv series Twin Peaks at the time as never watched that then whenever it was on tv... ha ha.
I'm not a person that even mentally takes note of director names or anything until much later. I've not seen Inland Empire and just watching videos on youtube this week saw there was Lost Highway mentioned a lot too.

I think whenever I saw Mullholland Drive at the cinema I must have known at the time it was made by same director that made Fire Walk With Me. Probably in the top 2 or 3 movies that captivated me for full two hours at the cinema. Think Wild at Heart was a Lynch movie too I saw, but like Fire Walk With Me was going to the movie with no preconceived ideas of what I was about to see. Probably other movies I seen randomly and do not realise they are Lynch movies.

Last edited:
Looking to start watching this, should I watch the old season first or can I just started with the new season not knowing what it's about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back