UEFA EURO 2020 (Italy Champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are people still salty over 2006 or do some of you just hate the Italians? I hope they go all the way and then we can laugh at England for another few years.
I want Denmark to win the tournament. * Italy and England

Last edited:
I have been really impressed with England’s defensive game. They haven’t conceded this tournament.

Chuffed about the result. This whole tournament has been worth the wake up. Italy games have been fantastic viewing.

But I think a few people will have a false sense of security after this game.

"Oh spain had X% possession"
"Italy could only play counterattack"
"They play typical Italian football"

No, Spain was always going to dominate possession, they are very well drilled and have played quite conservative through the tournament. Yes they generate alot of chances and should of scored more during the tournament. But anybody expecting a 3-0 or even a 3-3 kind of game were nuts.

This was always going to be ground and pound because Spain would force that kind of game.

Italy through the tournament have been very possession heavy, and played fantastic attacking football when allowed too.

This showed more than anything that Italy can beat you not only being very aggressive offensively, but also when it gets scrapy and dirty and they need only 1 chance to capitalise.

Want Denmark to win for the lolz vs England, but a Italy / England final would be a great spectacle.

Chris Sutton says Jorginho should be considered for the Ballon d'or after that penatly... pmsl
People were saying same about Kante before France got knocked out.

Interesting that this is Denmark's 4th appearance at a European Championship semi final whereas it's only England's 3rd. Of course the Danes won it in 92.

Interesting that this is Denmark's 4th appearance at a European Championship semi final whereas it's only England's 3rd. Of course the Danes won it in 92.
So football's going home to Denmark? I like the sound of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think that was more to do with him being MOTM in both UCL semis and the final and having a great season domestically.

Great end to the season maybe. Pretty average under Lampard (2/3 of the season?)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back