Umpires - is the tide turning?

Remove this Banner Ad

we are definitely being umpired differently this season to others - im seeing little contests and incidents that were nearly always paid against us in previous years being let go - I'm almost groaning in anticipation of a free kick against when I see a hand on the shoulder or a block by a teammate to allow an easy mark but it's not happening anywhere near as much - ptsd much?

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

After 6 years of being totally shafted by the umpires, Andrew Dillon takes over and all of a sudden we finally win a free kick count! Welcome to the start of the golden era! Next stop, abandoning the stand rule. What a great time to be a tiger!!

No

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt we'll hear from Smasha after the umpires totally reamed Geelong last night.
Well, until Thursday when he starts trying to convince everyone that the umpires will do us over against the Drug Cheats.
That Cameron deliberate call was among a host of absolute shemozzles.
Not sure who #8 is, but he loves us.

that call wasn't wrong. he kicked it straight at the boundary without it curving. sure he probably didn't want it to go out but the way that rule has been for ages is you have to kick it inboard or it'll be called

I doubt we'll hear from Smasha after the umpires totally reamed Geelong last night.
Well, until Thursday when he starts trying to convince everyone that the umpires will do us over against the Drug Cheats.
That Cameron deliberate call was among a host of absolute shemozzles.
Not sure who #8 is, but he loves us.
Roseberry Western Australian one of the Senior umpires. This would be the first time we have not been rock last for and against lol.

One thing I noticed last night is that the holding the man frees weren't being paid if the ball was dropped by the player. Those are some of the most infuriating ones and we happen to give them away a lot. It's nice to see them not being paid now and I hope it continues that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back