Opinion Umpiring: Corruption or Incompetence, or both

Remove this Banner Ad

All the fuss this week over the "Noise of affirmation", coupled with the dream run the Crows received from the umpires against GWS will see to it we cop a right royal reaming on Friday night.

And yet the Dockers will probably cop the same 'corrective' treatment against the ******* Crows after St Kilda complained about the lopsided free kick tally last week against WCE.

And yet the Dockers will probably cop the same 'corrective' treatment against the ******* Crows after St Kilda complained about the lopsided free kick tally last week against WCE.

And then by the time West Coast get back to Optus Stadium in a few weeks, all the fuss will have died down, guess what will happen ...

From a Neutral observer I feel you got ripped a new one by the umps. Not sure why you got a raw deal but either they umpired really badly and Hawks got lucky with getting bad decisions go their way, or there was more to it..............
This pic exists for a reason
IMG_1459.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5:36

Disappointing.

As soon as I heard Matthew Nichols umpire number 15 was doing our game I knew we would lose and get screwed doing it, he does it every time we have him.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he has umpired PAFC 32 times and we have won 4 of those games.

Matthew Nicholls not umpiring an AFL game this weekend.

Hopefully a sign that gross us under performance will not longer be rewarded.

He probably got a nice fat bonus from Gillon so he could have the week off this week.

I think the umpiring has been ordinary but lets not get things mixed up with the utter stupidity of this club at crucifying itself and its supporters with disgraceful football.

All the fuss this week over the "Noise of affirmation", coupled with the dream run the Crows received from the umpires against GWS will see to it we cop a right royal reaming on Friday night.
And yet Collingwood's record over last 72 games (regardless of venue) sees it on the negative side of the Free Kick count on only 24 occasions (1 in 3)… no questions or media scrutiny there though.

Matthew Nicholls not umpiring an AFL game this weekend.

Hopefully a sign that gross us under performance will not longer be rewarded.

Nah, he's got the Saints v Swans game.

I was looking at some umpire stats the other day and of the current lot there's a bloke called Justin Schmitt who's been blowing the whistle since 1997 - he holds the dubious record of most games umpired without doing a Grand Final. He must be really schitt.

Nah, he's got the Saints v Swans game.

I was looking at some umpire stats the other day and of the current lot there's a bloke called Justin Schmitt who's been blowing the whistle since 1997 - he holds the dubious record of most games umpired without doing a Grand Final. He must be really schitt.
He was the stupid prick who paid about 4 dodgy frees against us in the WCE EF game in the first 10 minutes or so. He is from Adelaide. He is #17.

He is just as s**t as #1, #15, #19, #25, #29 and #33. There are others but they are the worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back