Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 28 30.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When SHocking openly said "we have to change the rules to stop Richmond" somehow no one said anything. Gale stood by and let it happen. We stood by and let it happen. They got what they wanted. This is basically ethnic cleansing on a football level.
The time the RFC should have taken SHocking to task with his public words!
Can just imagine how triple chins would have reacted! If it concerned The Wobbles!

I have been concerned about the direction of the club administration for a few years now. The penny dropped for me when covid hit and the club was virtue signalling everything the Government said (we don't need another propaganda machine in RFC we already have the main stream media doing all the dirty work). I was so disgusted over some of the comments Gale made I called the club to complain and told them that I don't agree with Gales comments and he should stick to football. I also said "I am a member of the club and he doesn't speak on my behalf regarding this matter".

I know I will cop a lot of s**t over this post but I don't give a s**t

If it was a comment that you agreed with, would you also ring the club and tell them he should stick to football? Or does that only apply when its something you personally don't like?

Just to establish the facts as I've seen a few claims that we've been dead last for free kick differential for 8 straight years. Not quite true:

2017 - Last (88.8%)
2018 - Last (77.5%)
2019 - 13th (94.1%)
2020 - 17th (82.3%)
2021 - Last (81.6%)
2022 - Last (83.7%)
2023 - Last (85.8%)
2024 - Last (72.6%)

Oh I'm sorry, am I meant to shut up and not speak?

No, I am just wondering if you would do the same if it was a political opinion that you agreed with.

A lot of people seem to be ok with celebrities, athletes etc voicing opinions they agree with, but not the other way around.

Just to establish the facts as I've seen a few claims that we've been dead last for free kick differential for 8 straight years. Not quite true:

2017 - Last (88.8%)
2018 - Last (77.5%)
2019 - 13th (94.1%)
2020 - 17th (82.3%)
2021 - Last (81.6%)
2022 - Last (83.7%)
2023 - Last (85.8%)
2024 - Last (72.6%)
if a racehorse had that stat it would be off to the abattoir.

2017 - Last (88.8%)
2018 - Last (77.5%)
2019 - 13th (94.1%)
2020 - 17th (82.3%)
2021 - Last (81.6%)
2022 - Last (83.7%)
2023 - Last (85.8%)
2024 - Last (72.6%)
That is staggering and as many others have said, it is statistically IMPOSSIBLE unless there is corruption involved

Put another 4 idiots with whistles on the ground. Obviously too many players getting the attention and adulation is wrong.
Put more idiots on the field. It doesn’t matter if they know any of the rules or not. Because the current idiots don’t know them either.
Put another 8 around the boundary line as well. They might be able to keep up with the game.
Another 3 to go in behind the goals. They can look after one post each.

The more idiots with whistles the better. At least we can have a laugh at another dozen whistles getting blown.
Maybe supporters could all buy a whistle and blow them during the game. The idiots would be talking back and forth to the chief idiot on the two way wondering what’s going on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need some backbone at the club to confront the AFL. This is far beyond a joke. The umpires are not even bothering to hide the cheating against our club. I've stopped going to games this year, as have a couple other families we go with. It is corruption.
That is precisely why 32k turned up today.
Alot of Richmond supporters have had enough.

There’s a saying I was taught when I was young and that is “the umpires are always right, even when they’re wrong they’re right”

Tell the club your thoughts with your wallets
Only hurts the club at the end of the day

The AFL get paid by advertising so watching games from home actually just puts more money into the AFL’s pockets and out of the clubs themselves

Even Robbo is questioning it.

4. THE UMPIRING AT THE MCG ON SUNDAY

Richmond supporters were livid. They had every right to be. The free kick count was 20-11, but that wasn’t the problem. The problem was the number of free kicks umpires didn’t pay when it appeared the Tigers had earnt them. Time and again, the Tigers would lay a tackle and not be rewarded for incorrect disposal. Salt was added to the wound when the Dockers, at times, received free kicks for incorrect disposal by the Tigers. Once again, confusion reigned about what exactly is prior opportunity. The more cynical Tigers supporter would say ‘what’s new’. Over the past five years, Richmond’s differential between free kicks for and free kicks against is -332. The next worst side is Hawthorn on -108. How can that properly be explained? Is there a vendetta? Or are the Tigers just sloppy or too aggressive with their tackling? If this was politics, a Royal Commission would be demanded. And if this was politics, we’d love Tigers officials to have parliamentary privilege so we could hear what they really think.

Back