PS4 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any nous to the hand to hand stuff or is it really just spam square and occasionally mash triangle? Seems to have regressed.
It's more streamed line than Last of us but a bit more complex than uncharted 3, there's a timing element for it to be most effective but you can just spam. I'd like it to be more timing based my self, after seeing a few people play you can tell who is button mashing to those timing hits.

I swear it didn't mention you can counter, I've just been eating hits not knowing how to avoid them! :p
Definitely doesn't. I have been doing the same thing.

Pretty sure you can only counter when they grab you, in that case they definitely DO mention it in the first fight of the game.

Its the same as the last of us, square to hit triangle to counter and use the environment [Walls/trees/rocks/benches] to get easy KO's.

Really? I thought you could only use triangle to break a hold, not counter an incoming punch? Thought there was no counter like UC3, only roll to avoid a punch

edit: sorry just caught up, glad I'm not going crazy. And yeah, not sure why its not in there, worked fine in UC3

you can counter but its only when they grab you, like pin you against a wall or grab you like they are about to choke you. But otherwise you need to roll out of the way. but it does suck there is no counter for incoming hits but, that was always too easy to spam and counter the punch.

you can counter but its only when they grab you, like pin you against a wall or grab you like they are about to choke you. But otherwise you need to roll out of the way. but it does suck there is no counter for incoming hits but, that was always too easy to spam and counter the punch.

Uncharted 4 could take a s**t in your living room and I reckon you'd find a way to defend it! :p

Uncharted 4 could take a s**t in your living room and I reckon you'd find a way to defend it! :p

there are like 4 hand to hand fights and 2 of them are scripted. im sure there was a reason why they took the block out. it makes fights too easy in games like Assassins creed/batman/mad mad because you can just spam triangle.

I said it was s**t they took it out but i didnt notice it till i played on crushing, and i thought it was still there since you can counter against solid objects. They are teaching you to move more because the AI flank you all the time.
It doesnt make the game worse. with how little space they had left on the disc it might of been the first mechanic sacrificed because its never used.

I have my issues with the game but none make the game a worse experience. i thought the sliding was over used in Scotland and the still having bridges collapse, or find a create to climb when you now have a rope you could use to pull yourself up after boosting the partner.

Finished it just then. Great game, really well done, graphics are phenomenal, a lot of times I just stopped and looked at the surroundings.

Wnjoyed the finish they went with, killing Rafe and saving Sam, thought he was going to be left behind for a second. The boss fight was a bit tricky, couldn't figure out left or right most of the time lol but still not a bad boss fight.

Definitely won't miss the frag grenades the enemies throw, bloody hell they're annoying and those mummy bombs too, was there a way to avoid them going off??

Really looking forward to TLOU2 now, ND are incredible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great way to finish the series. I'm glad they didn't kill any characters we love. Nice way to leave us feeling all warm and fuzzy at the end and I'll always look back fondly on the series.

Ive never really played online with any games before but having been giving it a go an it looks great. However looks like my internet isn't good enough. Checked on the PlayStation speed test and getting 13mg download speed and 780kb upload speed and that is with an Ethernet cable or whatever they are called.

Anybody got any advice on how I can try and speed things up more? Or would I just have to get a new modem?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished it, what a ******* game. The only thing not to like about this game is that it's the last one. :( Great series, a real lesson in how to weave gripping stories into great gameplay.

Glad they went away from the supernatural stuff in the end game. Especially after teasing it with Elena continually suggesting "Zombie ghosts?" Just an amazing game all round though.

I just tried it and it didn't work. Thought they might of patched it.

If you don't care about being cheap like me then do the following. Detailed and stating the obvious but that way if anyone wants to do it as well then just do exactly this:

-backup your main save in case you do something stupid and mess it up.
-First make sure you only have one save. Delete others and back them up if you wish. The remaining save has to have completed the game. Any difficulty is fine.
-Delete game off HDD and disconnect your internet. Reinstall the game. It may take a while. The game installs early chapters first. Mine took about 20-30 mins to complete.
-Start new game and save it to a new slot (so you should have two saves now) and choose crushing.
-Once the prologue text comes up quit to main menu.
-Go to chapter select and choose epilogue. When it comes up with save file selection just press circle so it doesn't auto save. Make sure it's set to crushing again of course.
-Finish epilogue, feel free to skip cut scene and profit.

1.0 version of the game doesn't have encounter select so if you want sharpshooter trophy on latest patch (can confirm it works on 1.04 as I did it today) then do the same thing but after quitting to main menu the first time then load up an encounter with enemies (I did the final one in Avery's tower or whatever it is called), shoot an enemy and check your stats to make sure it's over 70% then just save, quit, and skip to epilogue.

I feel like I'd glitch Sharpshooter because it'd just be frustrating - would probably have to run through the whole game with bullet time and pistols.

I'm looking forward to playing through on crushing with whatever weapons I like though, should mix it up a bit.

Count me in as one who never bothered with trophy cleanup in the past games but is strangely enjoying doing it in U4.

To be honest I was going to attempt a crushing run through after a break because this game once was enough for me but going for Just Cause 3 platinum is giving me more grief than I originally planned and I want to knock out some older games I have sitting here. I heard about glitching the trophies so I looked them up and was still going to resist because it felt cheap but then again no different to boosting multiplayer trophies.

I am in the boats chapter, whichever it is.

Visually it's stunning. Everything is smooth. Just not sold yet on best uncharted 4 ever. The helicopter / train fight in UC2 is still hard to top in my opinion.

Also, ADSL2+ connection means I don't have the 1MBps upload speed and constantly getting drop outs mid game every 30 seconds in the MP :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back