Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo92

All Australian
Sep 28, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, OKC Thunder
Couldn't find one for the underrated footballers so thought I'd start one.
Leighton Baines for me. I know most people rate him and rightfully so, but even though Cole is a great player, I struggle to see how he is in the England team ahead of Baines. May not be underrated by the public. But it seems he is underrated by Roy. Surprising I know

gareth barry.
I sort of understand that point, but in a team of world class players he sticks out like a sore thumb. That's of the few City games I've seen this year. Servicable though and I daresay we could use Barry right now.

I think Sagna is a tad underrated. Consistent quality. Very good full back.

I don't think people appreciate the output in Lampard's career and that he's got the best out of himself. He's not quick, doesn't have dazzling feet, isn't built like a Drogba and you wouldn't have thought he'd amount to what he was but the performances and consistency deserve a lot of respect.

Think Johnny Evans has turned into a better player than people though as well.

Barry for us. Might not be as effective in another team, but a perfect fit for us.

Agree on Zaba, been slagged off on here more than once for suggesting he was a good player to have in the squad.

Clichy doesn't seem to get much credit, but he's been great for us.

From other sides, I agree on Lampard and Sagna already mentioned. Also Ivanovic.

A lot of players from "smaller" teams not so much under rated but ignored. Likes of Morrison at West Brom and Fletcher at Sunderland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Bertrand.

One of the best left backs in the league, he's just in the same team as Ashley Cole.

Ryan Bertrand.

One of the best left backs in the league, he's just in the same team as Ashley Cole.

You've just qualified him for the other thread.

More love for Mikel Arteta. Have thoroughly enjoyed watching that guy play over the years. I'm glad he now gets the opportunity to show his talent on the biggest stage.

Aaron Ramsey. Super player, except that his passing is scratchy at times.

Also mention to that Rodgogella fella from Reading. Given not nearly the amount of credit he deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back