Unpopular Freo Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

There are actual technical problems with some of Freos forwards and mids in their kicking for goal. ie problems that could be at least partially sorted and improved with actual coaching. Why hasnt the club (maybe they have) employed Pav or similar to sort it out.

Fyfe for example, (not limited to him) has bad technique that could easily be improved. He is also now at the stage where he is also mentally confused about when and where to kick it, especially in the front 50. Some simple instructions from the coaches could simplify his approach and give us a better result.

Its like we need to get a good Auskick coach down there and really go back to some basics. How does a dual Brownlow medalist who marks the ball 20 m out directly in front not have it on autopilot that he just goes back and kicks for goals??
the players are clearly confused about what to do and where to kick it when "connecting with their forwards".

I am about to get worked up so I will leave it here otherwise I fear this post will be transferred to the vent thread.

Today's fixture drop will see Freo playing all remaining home games on Sunday arvo/twilight.

Next years Sunday night games will also heavily feature Freo.

I rate Dave Mundy the 2nd best player to play for Fremantle.

Might seem unpopular to most who would have Fyfe & Pavlich top 2.

But Mundy is behind Pav in my opinion.

Despite the Fyfe brownlow's it doesnt swing me.
I rate Mundy as higher than Pav but not higher than Fyfe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically nothing is. Fixture is decent. Umpires (outside of one particular decision) are treating us fine. MRP has been a non-factor.
Based off our game day threads you'd think there was a conspiracy against us because the umpires "hate us" (I know gameday threads are much more high emotion but still)

I rate Mundy as higher than Pav but not higher than Fyfe
I'll never rate Fyfe higher than either Pav or Mundy. His kicking is and always has been shocking, the 2013 GF was the greatest example of his poor kicking. He has no defensive side to his game and now he is just slow. Needs to give it away.

I'll never rate Fyfe higher than either Pav or Mundy. His kicking is and always has been shocking, the 2013 GF was the greatest example of his poor kicking. He has no defensive side to his game and now he is just slow. Needs to give it away.
yet he was incredible against Richmond

Last week shouldn't count, and he wasn't the worst on ground today

yet he was incredible against Richmond

Last week shouldn't count, and he wasn't the worst on ground today
Lol, Richmond? Everyone is incredible against Richmond this year, besides that the title of this thread is "Unpopular Freo Opinions" and I am just expressing one ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back