Up and coming polarising conservative - Andrew Hastie

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with Hastie is the fact he’s ex military, from such a well known unit like the SAS. So many people give him a pass and excuse his actionable solely because of his background “oh he’s a brave hero who’s served this nation, he must make a great politician”.

Saw it happen with Andrew Nikolic, Jim Molan, Luke Simpkins. Some of the biggest knobs in politics but get a pass because “they made sacrifices for freedom”. No so much to the Labor ex military members.

In fact, it would make a great electoral strategy for the coalition. Just preselect a bunch of former soldiers and you’ll be able to label any criticism of them as “unpatriotic”.

The problem with Hastie is the fact he’s ex military, from such a well known unit like the SAS. So many people give him a pass and excuse his actionable solely because of his background “oh he’s a brave hero who’s served this nation, he must make a great politician”.

Saw it happen with Andrew Nikolic, Jim Molan, Luke Simpkins. Some of the biggest knobs in politics but get a pass because “they made sacrifices for freedom”. No so much to the Labor ex military members.

In fact, it would make a great electoral strategy for the coalition. Just preselect a bunch of former soldiers and you’ll be able to label any criticism of them as “unpatriotic”.

Not sure that ever worked with Lambie. Mostly its scary to think just how low we set the intelligence bar in our military.

Sound like a fine upstanding individual. A bloke with real character and backbone. Served our country with distinction in our most elite special forces unit. Shows he is a leader of the highest order, who can keep a cool head under extreme pressure.

Hopefully, he will cut down public spending and lower my taxes.

Not sure that ever worked with Lambie. Mostly its scary to think just how low we set the intelligence bar in our military.

Its not really about 'intelligence'.

Military training is about tearing down learned behaviours & building the 'military behaviour'. Take orders, give orders, support your team, lessons in killing.

They learn a new set of morals from what they 'generally' grew up with.

Abdicating responsibility for people that you directly lead when they do the wrong thing just because you happen not to be there at the time is no defense IMO.

I know a case of a child care worker who one morning was thrust into 'team leader' role when the regular team leader called in sick

One staff member short, she was dealing with more stuff than usual - She was inside the centre while some kids were out in the playground - There were two other staff members out in the playground supervising the kids

One of the adventurous little tykes decided to jump the back fence when no one was looking - He never moved any further away from the back fence as it seems his adventure scared him before he even started. One of the staff members found him very quickly and pulled him back into the yard

The worker who was team leader (for that shift only) ended up getting fired, even though she was inside the building, and other staff members were in the yard

---

but yet we have Hastie

I know a case of a child care worker who one morning was thrust into 'team leader' role when the regular team leader called in sick

One staff member short, she was dealing with more stuff than usual - She was inside the centre while some kids were out in the playground - There were two other staff members out in the playground supervising the kids

One of the adventurous little tykes decided to jump the back fence when no one was looking - He never moved any further away from the back fence as it seems his adventure scared him before he even started. One of the staff members found him very quickly and pulled him back into the yard

The worker who was team leader (for that shift only) ended up getting fired, even though she was inside the building, and other staff members were in the yard

---

but yet we have Hastie

The problem is that politicians and corporate leaders too often think that societal and ethical norms of responsibility that other individuals in the community are subjected to do not apply to them.

Just our own version of McCain. They share the same inflated sense whilst both being extremely unintelligent and filled with jesus juice.

Sound like a fine upstanding individual. A bloke with real character and backbone. Served our country with distinction in our most elite special forces unit. Shows he is a leader of the highest order, who can keep a cool head under extreme pressure.

Hopefully, he will cut down public spending and lower my taxes.

Hope you're not Christian because that goes against the bible as much as Satan.

Last edited:

---

but yet we have Hastie
And her employer is obviously a die in the wool Liberal voter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

---

but yet we have Hastie
The lesson there is don't leave children in the hands of inexperienced airheads.

We are discussing a conscientious leader here. Try and stay on topic.

ah, so we shouldn't leave the SAS/armed forces in the hands of psychopathic blood lusters?

if the day-care shift manager is responsible for a kid jumping the fence even though there were other staff members outside, Hastie is responsible for the s**t that has regiment committed

I'm drawing parallels with real life situations as to why Hastie shouldn't be in parliament, do try to keep up

ah, so we shouldn't leave the SAS/armed forces in the hands of psychopathic blood lusters?

if the day-care shift manager is responsible for a kid jumping the fence even though there were other staff members outside, Hastie is responsible for the s**t that has regiment committed

I'm drawing parallels with real life situations as to why Hastie shouldn't be in parliament, do try to keep up

If the day care shift manager isnt there, is the day care shift manager still responsible?

If I cut the hand off a dead person in my workplace, is my manager responsible? How about if he is at lunch at the time? What if he was working from home that day?

Are there any other ridiculous hypotheticals to do here?

You are the sort of intellect who has to drop his pants to count to 21.

SAS commandos and day care shift managers. Yes, parallels.

You are the sort of intellect who has to drop his pants to count to 21.

SAS commandos and day care shift managers. Yes, parallels.

we are talking about responsibility mate

I wasn't comparing the jobs, rather where responsibility for things ******* up and where they land

Your last two posts (this and in the Sudanese gang thread) have been nothing but attacks on posters

My junior footy club had a line in the club song that you should take note of...

"Play the ball ... play the ball... if they'd only play the ball and not the man - NOT THE MAN!"

Just our own version of McCain. They share the same inflated sense whilst both being extremely unintelligent and filled with jesus juice.

Hope you're not Christian because that goes against the bible as much as Satan.
No it doesn’t. Read it for real and don’t just make stuff up. Where does it say we should be overtaxed? I’m 100% certain it says multiple times to help out your neighbor directly and not to show off about it.

Under his command, if he can't even stop his troops committing war crimes what use is he to us as a leader in Canberra?

It makes him eminently qualified. Gough gave the green light to the rape, torture and murder of tens of thousands in East Timor.

No it doesn’t. Read it for real and don’t just make stuff up. Where does it say we should be overtaxed? I’m 100% certain it says multiple times to help out your neighbor directly and not to show off about it.

Cutting public spending and healthcare goes directly against the bible. You guys should be raising it yet seem unwilling to provide in the first place.

Lucky for you hell doesn't exist.

Cutting public spending and healthcare goes directly against the bible. You guys should be raising it yet seem unwilling to provide in the first place.

Lucky for you hell doesn't exist.
So you support the governments right to steal from us in the name of public spending on their favourite interest groups?
Btw, who said healthcare anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back