Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG i love this club!, also i love Wenger + Van Persie.
How good was that technique shown by Van Persie? absolute class.
just a question for you arsenal fans out there, could it be possible at all for van persie to gain the same cult status as henry has? sorry, im a bit ecstatic by the result that we got a win and im not sure if it's a stupid question or not, but could he over the course of his career RVP become a significant a figure as henry was?

His second best volley ever! How much has Song's passing improved lately? He seemed so one dimensional at the start of his career but these days he's able to dribble past players and put in good crosses and through balls. Maybe our 3rd most important player behind RVP and TV?

Only have seen brief highlights. What a stunning goal, absolutely amazing. Song is getting better and better, just brilliant.

Another 3 points and into the top 4. Keep it up lads.

The rise continues.

OMG i love this club!, also i love Wenger + Van Persie.
How good was that technique shown by Van Persie? absolute class.
just a question for you arsenal fans out there, could it be possible at all for van persie to gain the same cult status as henry has? sorry, im a bit ecstatic by the result that we got a win and im not sure if it's a stupid question or not, but could he over the course of his career RVP become a significant a figure as henry was?

As good as RvP is, Henry is on a completely different level. Henry was scoring video game goals week in, week out like it was nothing. Left foot, right foot, tap ins, curlers, belters, free kicks, the long darting runs. Did it all. Not saying van Persie doesn't show the same, but Henry is just on another level. Look at the compilation of all his Arsenal goals on the last page, you'll remember how good he actually was.

99/00 17 goals, 31 games, 9 assists
00/01 17 goals, 35 games, 3 assists
01/02 24 goals, 33 games, 5 assists
02/03 24 goals, 37 games, 24 assists
03/04 30 goals, 37 games, 9 assists
04/05 25 goals, 32 games, 15 assists
05/06 27 goals, 32 games, 7 assists
06/07 10 goals, 17 games, 6 assists

He lead the goal AND assist tally, I don't think it's been done since. It's a great feat. Then in the following season, he hits 30 goals. And in five consecutive seasons, he scored 24 goals or more. And even in his final season here when he was injured, he still mustered 10 goals.

If van Persie remains here well into his 30s and remains fit, he may come close to reaching van Persie's level, but injuries have hampered is time here.

So, RvP still has some way to go, he definitely has the talent to get there, it's just whether or not injuries will hamper the rest of the time here if he stays.

His second best volley ever! How much has Song's passing improved lately? He seemed so one dimensional at the start of his career but these days he's able to dribble past players and put in good crosses and through balls. Maybe our 3rd most important player behind RVP and TV?

You're not wrong here.

quality from RvP. again. he is unbelievable. and song has been immense this season....thank **** cameroon didnt qualify for the ANC, we need him in our midfield

Cracking goal. Gervinho, less said the better.

unsure of why you continually criticize gervinho? you might be on your own on this one. needs to work on his finishing yes, but otherwise has been an excellent addition to our squad this season and an established first XI player already

Only have seen brief highlights. What a stunning goal, absolutely amazing. Song is getting better and better, just brilliant.

Another 3 points and into the top 4. Keep it up lads.

The rise continues.

As good as RvP is, Henry is on a completely different level. Henry was scoring video game goals week in, week out like it was nothing. Left foot, right foot, tap ins, curlers, belters, free kicks, the long darting runs. Did it all. Not saying van Persie doesn't show the same, but Henry is just on another level. Look at the compilation of all his Arsenal goals on the last page, you'll remember how good he actually was.

99/00 17 goals, 31 games, 9 assists
00/01 17 goals, 35 games, 3 assists
01/02 24 goals, 33 games, 5 assists
02/03 24 goals, 37 games, 24 assists
03/04 30 goals, 37 games, 9 assists
04/05 25 goals, 32 games, 15 assists
05/06 27 goals, 32 games, 7 assists
06/07 10 goals, 17 games, 6 assists

He lead the goal AND assist tally, I don't think it's been done since. It's a great feat. Then in the following season, he hits 30 goals. And in five consecutive seasons, he scored 24 goals or more. And even in his final season here when he was injured, he still mustered 10 goals.

If van Persie remains here well into his 30s and remains fit, he may come close to reaching van Persie's level, but injuries have hampered is time here.

So, RvP still has some way to go, he definitely has the talent to get there, it's just whether or not injuries will hamper the rest of the time here if he stays.

You're not wrong here.
This.
The only player i've watched in my time who is as talented as Henry is Messi. Both have an innate ability to make amazing play look absolutely effortless.

This.
The only player i've watched in my time who is as talented as Henry is Messi. Both have an innate ability to make amazing play look absolutely effortless.

Ronaldo was better than Henry.

Keown reckons we'll sign Henry on a short-term contract in January in the absence of Chamakh/Gervinho. Apparently he's dominating in training.

Don't see why not TBH. Would be epic.

Hope so, it'd be amazing. I can see it happening.

Keown should be a defensive coach. Guy knows his stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i said it in this thread a couple of weeks back when henry started training with us. its very similar circumstances to when sol re-signed short term in 2010. training with the first team "to maintain fitness" etc. would be brilliant to see him return as a back up.

the guy is a winner and has a wealth of experience that he brings with him. even at his age, with his best days behind him, he is still surely a better back up than chamakh

also did anyone else see the footage of szcezcny on his knees after the game kissing RvP's left boot? was hilarious stuff, gotta love this bloke

read a rumour that squillaci could be heading back to la liga, sevilla are interest and may offer around 4m pounds. that would be like winning the lottery for arsenal if true. arshavin is at a prime age and could hopefully fetch 10m-12m in the market, unsure what chamakh would be worth but all players could find homes elsewhere and hopefully we put the funds to good use.

unsure of why you continually criticize gervinho? you might be on your own on this one. needs to work on his finishing yes, but otherwise has been an excellent addition to our squad this season and an established first XI player already

Fairly sure I`m not the only one on this site that can see his shortfalls, he is timid, lacks the killer instinct and should be in double figures by now. Frustrating footballer.

Fairly sure I`m not the only one on this site that can see his shortfalls, he is timid, lacks the killer instinct and should be in double figures by now. Frustrating footballer.

remember he's still only into his 4th month of premier league football. time is on his side. his finishing will come good mate

Lower your expectations. As glenferry mentioned, he is four months into his PL career, you cant expect miracles. He's done well for adapting to a new league.

Ronaldo was better than Henry.

Hope so, it'd be amazing. I can see it happening.

Keown should be a defensive coach. Guy knows his stuff.
Better out and out striker certainly, one of the best ever, but not a touch on Henry for setup play. What makes who better is in the eye of the beholder.
His pre-injury football at PSV, Barca and Inter in the 90s was a bit before my time regardless. From 2000 onwards, Henry was comfortably better.

Overall, R9 was the superior player, would be ridiculous (and biased), to think otherwise. Yes, Henry set up goals more than what Ronaldo did. But Ronaldo was superior than Henry in every category except for probably dead ball situations and passing.

Ronaldo is the best forward I've seen play, followed by Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back