Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What game were you watching? I had Vermaelen, Walcott and Gervinho all with comfortably better games than Song. I hope you're not going by the Arsenal.com poll for it - RvP is currently leading on 46% despite having a shocker of a game for 89 minutes out of the 90, and what a surprise, the guy who fed him the pass is in second place. About as useful as the MOTM and MOTS 'as voted by you' that everyone choked on at Bellrieve this afternoon.

There's no way in the world Song was MOTM, he's had an average season, and I really think you ought to lay off what you're smoking if you think he's the best DM in the league.

We're talking about Arsenal v Everton on Sunday morning right?

Gervinho? LOL...seriously?

Basically every Gooner I've spoken to since that match, not to mention other forums have also had Song as their MOTM.

The fact you think he's had an average season? Wow...just beggars belief really.

As for the best DM in the league - name me a DM in the league who is having a better season than Song. I will qualify, Song isn't your typical DM, he's sort of a B2B these days - the guy has 5 assists this season (EPL), along with his crucial interceptions, has made him one of our most important players - we win 61% of our games with Song in the side; that figure drops to 18% without him (Opta)

What's with the Song bashing? He has been immense this season.

NT has no idea.

As for the best DM in the league - name me a DM in the league who is having a better season than Song.

De Jong, Y. Toure and Lucas indisputably.

Most football people I've spoken to are baffled by the amount of love for Song in some Gooner quarters. Good player, but not worthy of that much praise.

I have more idea than most. Dismissing me because I don't step back in line with the sheeple is ridiculous.

Song played a couple of through balls that didn't work out in that game.

So because he's not Fabregas, he's average.

Arteta is average because he's a poor man's Nasri, who was a poor man's Fabregas.

Song plays a different position. He should just stay in front of the back four and learn how to distribute, because his through balls aren't up to the task. Leave that to Arteta, Ramsey, and when he gets back and replaces one of the former two Wilshere.

Despite all of the talk about our weak defence or the one man show up front, the weakest part of the field at Arsenal is the centre of midfield. Arteta is on a hiding to nothing as our Fabregas replacement because no matter how hard he tries, he's never going to be as good, and I don't think Ramsey is going to last the journey as an Arsenal player, while if we had managed to snag Toure when he came to England instead of city I'm 100% certain he would be our starting DM, and the midfield would be better for it.

De Jong? Give me a break, the guy is a fantastic tackler but he's got nothing on Song when it comes to...well basically everything else.

Toure - yeah fair enough

Lucas? Ahhh ok mate.

Most football people I've spoken to are baffled by the amount of love for Song in some Gooner quarters. Good player, but not worthy of that much praise.

Most people have claimed that Song has been fantastic this season, which I agree with, through practically most of his games in 11/12.

I have more idea than most.

You're certainly not showing it.

Arteta is average because he's a poor man's Nasri, who was a poor man's Fabregas.

Arteta has been class this season.

Despite all of the talk about our weak defence or the one man show up front, the weakest part of the field at Arsenal is the centre of midfield. Arteta is on a hiding to nothing as our Fabregas replacement because no matter how hard he tries, he's never going to be as goodbetter for it

The thing is, Arteta isn't Fabregas' replacement at all - they are completely different players. Arteta's defensive work in midfield has been hugely responsible for our resurgence, his passing is fantastic, his ability to retain and win the ball has meant that players like Song and Ramsey can go forward with confidence when needed to.

He's been the signing of the summer (from an Arsenal perspective) from my POV. I really don't get what you're playing at here.

Song plays a different position. He should just stay in front of the back four and learn how to distribute, because his through balls aren't up to the task. Leave that to Arteta, Ramsey, and when he gets back and replaces one of the former two Wilshere.

Despite all of the talk about our weak defence or the one man show up front, the weakest part of the field at Arsenal is the centre of midfield. Arteta is on a hiding to nothing as our Fabregas replacement because no matter how hard he tries, he's never going to be as good, and I don't think Ramsey is going to last the journey as an Arsenal player, while if we had managed to snag Toure when he came to England instead of city I'm 100% certain he would be our starting DM, and the midfield would be better for it.

Tell me, who isn't a poor man's Cesc? There is one player and one player only.

Arteta was not brought as a direct replacement to Fabregas. Of course he's not going to be as good, nobody will be, bar Xavi. Nasri is not a poor man's Cesc either, completely different players.

And for someone who claims to have more idea than most, you're not doing a very good job of conveying it.

And conformity does not always = stupidity. The Song you must be watching must be someone else.

Tell me, who isn't a poor man's Cesc? There is one player and one player only.

Arteta was not brought as a direct replacement to Fabregas. Of course he's not going to be as good, nobody will be, bar Xavi. Nasri is not a poor man's Cesc either, completely different players.

And for someone who claims to have more idea than most, you're not doing a very good job of conveying it.

And conformity does not always = stupidity. The Song you must be watching must be someone else.

This in bold. - agree with everything written here.

Arteta can not be a poor man's Fabregas because even though they are both Spanish and very good ball-players, they perform different roles.

When Arteta has the ball at his feet, he does not play the defence splitting killer ball,which in recent history has led to Fabregas's large amount of assists, but instead, Arteta holds the ball up, looks around, and then frees Ramsey or Walcott (preferably along the wing) into space. Obviously Arteta still play's defence splitting balls, although I am merely pointing out that this is not his modus operandi.

Also,Nasri cannot be a poor man's Fabregas because they are different players again, but as was said above, there is only one Fabregas.

Does anyone else have a problem with santos having surgery in brazil. Im sure there is a lot better places to do it around the world where it would recover faster and be better for the long run.

Im aware that his from brazil and would be there while injured where he could catch up with his family and not get home sick.But surely he could of had surgery when surgeons are much resourced than what he will be getting done in brazil and then returned to brazil and catch up with his family.

I'll give you Y. Toure

Song is a great player we would be a much worse side without him

I have more idea than most. Dismissing me because I don't step back in line with the sheeple is ridiculous.
You have no idea what you are talking about

no and no
you are talking absolute rubbish do you even watch the game or just the highlights packages each week? :eek:

Who has suggested that Arteta is a Fabregas replacement? They play totally different roles. Arteta is no Xavi, yes, but his game is more comparable to him. He has a league-high average for passes with a very high efficiency rate. Can't say he's been a failure. As for Nasri, why bring him into this? How many times has he played in the centre of midfield for Arsenal?

If anything, Ramsey is supposed to be Cesc's replacement and it's unfair to expect that of him yet. Cesc is in a league of his own in terms of play-making.

I was just making the point that just because a few of Song's passes were off, you see that as a poor game from him? He has proved that he can create a goal every two games this season so why should he not attempt to make the play? He's turning the ball over trying to make goals happen, he rarely turns it over playing nothing balls. Even if they come off less than half the time, it's enough to win the majority of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who has suggested that Arteta is a Fabregas replacement? They play totally different roles. Arteta is no Xavi, yes, but his game is more comparable to him. He has a league-high average for passes with a very high efficiency rate. Can't say he's been a failure. As for Nasri, why bring him into this? How many times has he played in the centre of midfield for Arsenal?

If anything, Ramsey is supposed to be Cesc's replacement and it's unfair to expect that of him yet. Cesc is in a league of his own in terms of play-making.

I was just making the point that just because a few of Song's passes were off, you see that as a poor game from him? He has proved that he can create a goal every two games this season so why should he not attempt to make the play? He's turning the ball over trying to make goals happen, he rarely turns it over playing nothing balls. Even if they come off less than half the time, it's enough to win the majority of games.

agree with all of this. criticism levelled at song and now arteta is very very unfair. song, like walcott, should have a few more assists credited to them this season but for some indifferent finishing on the end of their passing.

cesc and nasri are gone and they could not be replaced. simple as that. we've spent the first four months of this season trying to adapt to a new midfield, and that development will continue. song and arteta have been key performers in our revival

hmm yes, poor word choice and i can see the confusion. i would define it as having a quality alternative as deputy on the bench to RvP, as let's be honest we have little depth in our forward options.

chamakh has not developed as we hoped, he seems disinterested, lazy and just out of his depth. chu young, although a consistent scorer for his country, needs time before we'll know if he's premier league standard. too early to tell, however he doesn't appear ready at the moment.

we've got good depth in midfield now, with yossi, the ox, coquelin etc available to slot in. but the two areas that are of concern are GK and forward. an injury to szezeny, RvP etc could prove very challenging indeed

hmm yes, poor word choice and i can see the confusion. i would define it as having a quality alternative as deputy on the bench to RvP, as let's be honest we have little depth in our forward options.

chamakh has not developed as we hoped, he seems disinterested, lazy and just out of his depth. chu young, although a consistent scorer for his country, needs time before we'll know if he's premier league standard. too early to tell, however he doesn't appear ready at the moment.

we've got good depth in midfield now, with yossi, the ox, coquelin etc available to slot in. but the two areas that are of concern are GK and forward. an injury to szezeny, RvP etc could prove very challenging indeed

I was watching highlights from wilsheres last season and he linked up very well with chamack. Not sure why, so who knows maybe once jacks back chamack might find some form. But i doubt and hope we bring someone in.

You lot can continue to live in fantasy land about the players we have, I won't.

Clearly you're the one in the fantasy world when you're the only person who's saying Song has had a poor season. And that's not just on this forum either.

I suppose RvP isn't that good either and all his goals are just lucky :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back