Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cech played the semi and I think Ospina was fit.

Yes that's what I thought, hence was wondering what he his plans are for the final. Couldn't see anything mentioned by it from Wenger so far.

I recall he played Scz a couple of years ago when Ospina had taken his spot in the league.

Yes that's what I thought, hence was wondering what he his plans are for the final. Couldn't see anything mentioned by it from Wenger so far.

I recall he played Scz a couple of years ago when Ospina had taken his spot in the league.
I looked it up and Martinez was on the bench. I think it will be Cech due to Ospina looking to leave.

Would keep a sub if it goes to penalties.

I looked it up and Martinez was on the bench. I think it will be Cech due to Ospina looking to leave.

Would keep a sub if it goes to penalties.

Thanks, yes I presume it will be Cech now. Would've been announced by now if it was Ospina.

Hopefully he doesn't give them another little gift like he did at the bridge.

There are no quotes from Wenger in that article? Which is strange, if he was going to play Ospina he usually would've announced it by now.

Yeah a lot of assumptions in that article (typical John Cross). Cech is out with an injury concern I've seen elsewhere rather than Ospina being preferred, and Oxlade Chamberlain at LWB would be interesting.

Also seen from some usually reliable twitter sources that Mustafi hasn't been ruled out yet, will have a test in the morning. Either way it looks like Mertesacker will 100% make his first start of the season in an FA Cup final :eek:

Mustafi hasn't even trained yet (from Wenger's press conference yesterday). So surely he's out.

As for Ospina/Cech, haven't seen or read anything concrete on it. Might just have to wait until the team sheet tonight, but if Cech is fit then surely he plays.

Reports are Ospina is about to agree terms with Fenerbache. Approx £5m the fee. Would be a shame to lose him, about as good a back up keeper as you can have but understandably wants to be a first choice. Can't begrudge that.

Yeah a lot of assumptions in that article (typical John Cross). Cech is out with an injury concern I've seen elsewhere rather than Ospina being preferred, and Oxlade Chamberlain at LWB would be interesting.

Has played wide left many times before so it's possible he slots in at LWB. Not ideal but would much prefer him to Gibbs.

Has played wide left many times before so it's possible he slots in at LWB. Not ideal but would much prefer him to Gibbs.
Yep agreed, I think if Gibbs starts we are zero chance. I really hope Mustafi is still a chance though as Monreal at LWB is such a huge upgrade on any other option we have. Would love Ox to be an option off the bench as I can see him having a big impact if we need a goal (which is pretty likely!).

Yep agreed, I think if Gibbs starts we are zero chance. I really hope Mustafi is still a chance though as Monreal at LWB is such a huge upgrade on any other option we have. Would love Ox to be an option off the bench as I can see him having a big impact if we need a goal (which is pretty likely!).

Yes agreed on Nacho. Just can't see how Mustafi would play when he's been ill this week and hasn't trained. Would be a huge call to start him considering that.

Would also play Welbeck ahead of Giroud. Actually would prefer Lucas but we know we'll never see him in an Arsenal shirt again, so Welbeck it is.

Yes agreed on Nacho. Just can't see how Mustafi would play when he's been ill this week and hasn't trained. Would be a huge call to start him considering that.

Would also play Welbeck ahead of Giroud. Actually would prefer Lucas but we know we'll never see him in an Arsenal shirt again, so Welbeck it is.
Surely we have to start Welbeck, assuming that the reports are correct then we will surely play:

Ospina
Holding Mertesacker Monreal
Bellerin Xhaka Ramsey Ox?
Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck

If things aren't going to plan I'd like to see us revert to a back 4 and bring on Giroud, release Ox on the right wing and get him to put those quality crosses in non stop.

Surely we have to start Welbeck, assuming that the reports are correct then we will surely play:

Ospina
Holding Mertesacker Monreal
Bellerin Xhaka Ramsey Ox?
Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck

If things aren't going to plan I'd like to see us revert to a back 4 and bring on Giroud, release Ox on the right wing and get him to put those quality crosses in non stop.

Yep I'd say that's the likely XI (still hoping Cech plays though). Hazard will be licking his lips running at Mertesacker, but it is what it is. Surely Ramsey is selected ahead of Coq, Ramsey has really benefited from this new formation and it suits him to have that extra cover behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably going to head to the Celtic club tonight for the game, don't think we have much chance though and the choice of referee is probably more detrimental to our chances than our decimated defence.

Yep I'd say that's the likely XI (still hoping Cech plays though). Hazard will be licking his lips running at Mertesacker, but it is what it is. Surely Ramsey is selected ahead of Coq, Ramsey has really benefited from this new formation and it suits him to have that extra cover behind.
I'd like to think that the back 3 provides enough cover for Mertesacker to be alright. Nacho and Holding will be the more mobile defenders that can cover runs etc while Mertesacker will be the organiser and use his reading of the game to cut out passes etc. Surprising how long it's taken us to adopt this formation given how well it seems to suit most of the squad.

Add him to the list lol.

Wenger almost signed Monaco's whole list it seems. Astute transfer business.

Regarding the FA Cup - let's be honest, we'll likely get belted. But imagine for one moment that we win, and Wenger announces his retirement immediately after the celebrations.

Would be tears in my eyes.

If Wenger leaves the club is ******. It screws up who we will sign and the infrastructure is not in place to replace Wenger.

Next 12 months is a write off either way I feel. Wenger leaving is like ripping a bandaid off - it's gonna hurt but the quicker the better.

Lucas on the bench, can you believe that.

Very interesting words from Wenger, strong words used in fact in that interview. Perhaps this is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back