Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The result tonight is almost inconsequential, sitting 11th on the table currently. The line up though is interesting, Luiz supposedly available. We’re going to have some make some changes in defence for the Villareal second leg, so would be looking to get some Luiz, Bellerin, Cedric etc involved and maybe some minutes into Tierney if he’s available.

Also maybe Aubameyang off the bench, with a prime opportunity for Martinelli to start (I’ve been saying that for a few months though so not getting hopes up). Hopefully Balogun gets in the squad at least.

Would like to see balogun to see if he shows a bit.. martinelli needs to start.

Need to fight don't care who starts ECT... Just play the game take them on... Show something.

Sick of the piss poor efforts.

Balogun has signed officially now, he really should be involved in some capacity. Investing minutes into these guys is very important for next season and beyond.

Can’t help but feel, in light of Ceballos’ comments during the week and his poor performance on Friday, that what could have been if some of the minutes/opportunities afforded to him over the season could have been provided for guys like AMN, Willock etc instead.

Luiz’s injury is a blow, needed him in the team for Friday morning. Plenty of rotation otherwise, only question was why not play Cedric at LB and rest Xhaka who has played a lot of minutes lately it seems.

Walk in the park against a poor Newcastle side.

We simply need to get beyond Villareal friday morning though, that's all that really matters at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walk in the park against a poor Newcastle side.

We simply need to get beyond Villareal friday morning though, that's all that really matters at this point.

I was surprised with Newcastle I must say, they just let us do as we pleased. Sat back, didn’t press, allowed plenty of space to work with.

Obviously a win is a win, however very hard to gauge anything meaningful from that game. It’s largely irrelevant, such is where we sit in the league.

Friday morning is unbelievably important, the result either way really could have ramifications for the next 3-4 years for Arsenal.

Apparently reason for Martinelli not playing was his connection with Tierney and hence why we have seen him play now since Tierneys injury

Sounds nonsensical at first, but upon thinking about it further it’s just the kind of reasoning/logic that I can envisage Arteta believing.

Sounds nonsensical at first, but upon thinking about it further it’s just the kind of reasoning/logic that I can envisage Arteta believing.
Probably makes a bit of sense. Xhaka won't overlap so he provides more cover than Tierney. If Gabi loses the ball then that protection is lost. I can see the logic but to not bring him on at all when you need a goal is baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back