Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed regarding Flamini, he's had an excellent return to Arsenal. His presence also allows us to flirt with the possibility of playing Rosicky on the right, Ozil CAM & Cazorla on the left. However without Flamini as coverage, that might be too attacking of a midfield.

Under 30 is the wrong side?

(He's 29 ;))

Is he?! I just imagined him to be like 31/32, he's been around for ages. Well, maybe a few more years left in him than I thought, but still reckon another defensive med is needed.

Is he?! I just imagined him to be like 31/32, he's been around for ages. Well, maybe a few more years left in him than I thought, but still reckon another defensive med is needed.

The reason it seems that way is because he started with us - like most, he had his first professional game coming on as a sub for us in the League Cup as a 6 year old.

Can't imagine we'll alter much to our team against Dortmund except for Ramsey in for Flamini. I hope we play with the same intensity that we did against Napoli when we absolutely destroyed them in the first 45 minutes.

Can't imagine we'll alter much to our team against Dortmund except for Ramsey in for Flamini. I hope we play with the same intensity that we did against Napoli when we absolutely destroyed them in the first 45 minutes.

Your avatar has given me a rise. I believe that's from the 5-2 NLD two seasons ago after Tomas scored to put us in front after half time?

The very same. Rosicky's 2nd half of that season was so good.

That he was. He was brilliant in our run in. An unforgettable game. Walcott was booed off at HT, but then scored the 4th and 5th as we ran riot in the second half. RvP's equalizer was glorious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anybody else have that feeling that Giroud is going to have a big one tonight? I'd love for him to produce in a match like this.

Good spell of play, stringing together some lovely passes but Dortmund are defending well. We look the more likely to score in the last 15.

Was a textbook counter attack, beautifully taken.

Dortmund away, Napoli away and Marseille at home to come.

Should defeat Marseille but will need results in Germany and Italy to see us through.

Giroud was fantastic this morning.

Too many other players were flat. Ozil was quiet. We've got a lot of blokes who have played a fair bit of football for club and country recently, but this is the reality of the game and there's a lot more football to come in the next few weeks for us.

Dortmund away is on the 7th November I believe, which hopefully we'll have Flamini back in for Arteta. Walcott would be handy wide right but possibly won't be fit by that time. Cazorla should start as well, looked a much better team with him on the pitch.

3 teams on 6 points, it will go down to the wire.

Ramsey's first off game in a long time - clearly needs a rest. The team selection will be interesting against Palace.
I expect we'll pair Arteta and Flamini in the middle, then things become a little less clear. Was Jack badly injured? Is Ozil in need of a rest? I wouldn't be surprised to see Serge Gnabry get a gig on the right wing with Tomas on the left and Santi in the middle. If it's all going swimmingly at half time, I'd sub off Giroud too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back