Up The Cherries - AFC Bournemouth thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as I couldn't find one, I figured I'd make a thread for Bournemouth.

Wondering how many, if there even is any, fans of the Cherries there are on this forum?

If you exist, let yourself be known! I've been a long time Bournemouth fan myself so yeah, hope I'm not alone. :)

A long time Cherries fan? I do know of only the one back in 2004-2005, so they are a rare breed alright (understandable).

How long have you been into them for, and how did you end up following them?

A long time Cherries fan? I do know of only the one back in 2004-2005, so they are a rare breed alright (understandable).

How long have you been into them for, and how did you end up following them?

Been a fan since 2004, when I was 10 (so that's about as lifelong as I can get, exception to Perth Glory). I would use them in Career Mode back when FIFA 2004 introduced lower divisions and I honestly think I chose them because I liked their kit. Soon after that, I started following them in real life so it's always been an awkward discussion when mates talk about the English football and bring up supporting Chelsea or United or City and here's me with little ol' Bournemouth. Had to follow Real Madrid too so I'd have a good team to follow (well, that, and Luis Figo played for them, who is my all-time favourite player.)

When I got a job in my teens, I saved up and bought one of their home shirts off eBay and it's on my bucketlist to visit Dean Court (funny that, Dean's my name) and see the Cherries play.

I'm only 21 so obviously I'm not a hardened been-through-it-all kinda guy but I'd like to think I've stuck with the Cherries through thick and thin and it's a nice feeling to see them up in the Premier League. Only problem is, now I seem like a bandwagoner because most of my mates are casual fans who'd hardly heard of Bournemouth before.

Been a fan since 2004, when I was 10 (so that's about as lifelong as I can get, exception to Perth Glory). I would use them in Career Mode back when FIFA 2004 introduced lower divisions and I honestly think I chose them because I liked their kit. Soon after that, I started following them in real life so it's always been an awkward discussion when mates talk about the English football and bring up supporting Chelsea or United or City and here's me with little ol' Bournemouth. Had to follow Real Madrid too so I'd have a good team to follow (well, that, and Luis Figo played for them, who is my all-time favourite player.)

When I got a job in my teens, I saved up and bought one of their home shirts off eBay and it's on my bucketlist to visit Dean Court (funny that, Dean's my name) and see the Cherries play.

I'm only 21 so obviously I'm not a hardened been-through-it-all kinda guy but I'd like to think I've stuck with the Cherries through thick and thin and it's a nice feeling to see them up in the Premier League. Only problem is, now I seem like a bandwagoner because most of my mates are casual fans who'd hardly heard of Bournemouth before.
Bournemouth and Real Madrid eh. That's quite the contrast!

While it is quite the contrast, I'm more surprised that 'good' team wasn't AC Milan considering both the colours and their power at the time. (Interesting that Bournemouth are the only noticeable team with red and black stripes for a home shirt in English football.)

But I think it's fair to say that you have seen the lows and highs in those 10 years. You even have a classic shirt to prove that you've been there. Mind you, at least you can claim you've seen Eddie Howe play for the Cherries. Now that's what I call a legacy man.

Heh, Dean travelling to Dean Court. Well, hopefully the day you go there, they still will be a PL team (considering their injury list now that your skipper's gone down, it's going to be an amazing effort if they do.) As noted, you're 21, so that's plenty of time to tick off those goals.

Bournemouth and Real Madrid eh. That's quite the contrast!

Yeah, well Real Madrid were my favourite team since I was like six because Figo, Zidane and Roberto Carlos played for them, and seeing as my family is Portuguese, Figo was god. Still is my favourite player to this day- I always get "Figo 7" on the back of my futsal uniforms.

I'm naturally attracted to the underdogs though, so over time Bournemouth became my team of choice. Plus, I have a strong hatred of Real Madrid fans, they're absolutely plastic and I stopped following them between 2007-2013.

While it is quite the contrast, I'm more surprised that 'good' team wasn't AC Milan considering both the colours and their power at the time. (Interesting that Bournemouth are the only noticeable team with red and black stripes for a home shirt in English football.)

But I think it's fair to say that you have seen the lows and highs in those 10 years. You even have a classic shirt to prove that you've been there. Mind you, at least you can claim you've seen Eddie Howe play for the Cherries. Now that's what I call a legacy man.

Heh, Dean travelling to Dean Court. Well, hopefully the day you go there, they still will be a PL team (considering their injury list now that your skipper's gone down, it's going to be an amazing effort if they do.) As noted, you're 21, so that's plenty of time to tick off those goals.

Funnily enough, Inter Milan became my team of choice for a couple of years after Figo moved there, and it's how I became a fan of my favourite player who still plays, Zlatan Ibrahamovic.

That Eddie Howe thing is true, and it sucked seeing him go to Burnley to manage there briefly. :\

As for our season... yeah, we couldn't have asked for worse luck. But personally, I'd like to believe Bournemouth can make a respectable 15th-16th sort of finish, we still have some talented players on the list who can weave magic, especially Matt Ritchie (probably my other favourite current player- very underrated!) but even if we fall back down to the Championship, the money and experience from this season would hopefully see us stay a contender for promotion once more. :)

Not such a terrible time to be a Bournemouth fan now- beating Chelsea and United back to back.

awyis
Kudos to your boys mate. Well deserved win against my mob. May you stay ahead of Chelsea for the rest of the season!

Kudos to your boys mate. Well deserved win against my mob. May you stay ahead of Chelsea for the rest of the season!

Loving the profile pic, dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quality come from behind win against Palace.

Can't see the Cherries facing relegation this season tbh.

Look after Jack for us !
I think you may get a negative answer either way really.
Stays injury free and plays well and questions will be asked of the club medical team.
Keeps getting injured whilst at the Cherries and maybe his body is made of sawdust.

I think you may get a negative answer either way really.
Stays injury free and plays well and questions will be asked of the club medical team.
Keeps getting injured whilst at the Cherries and maybe his body is made of sawdust.
Yep, I see that, he's just one of the faves, been there since he was a boy and there's not many of them about. His style of play invites injury, no.1 problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back