US Holiday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee flavored hot milk beverage....

Must be spoiled in Melbourne, just got back from Brissy and that was s**t as well. Poured a long glass of hot milk then pouring in the coffee over the top...The milk the yanks must injest on a daily basis...

It's generally ok in Bris if you know where to avoid. You can always get a bad barista. In the US it was generally bad unless you knew where to go - and those places were few and far between. The stuff they served just had no kick at all.

It's generally ok in Bris if you know where to avoid. You can always get a bad barista. In the US it was generally bad unless you knew where to go - and those places were few and far between. The stuff they served just had no kick at all.
It got to the point in the US where I'd ask for a small, then tell them to only half fill the cup with milk and have a 'doublt shot'.....I think they like the idea of coffee more than coffee. So much milk. So much everything though in the states. Bottomless everything. I remember getting to Austin and being so relieved to see people excercising and having a 'half' decent coffee.

Just booked in to visit Ground Zero, at 2pm on July 2nd.

Only 5 months to go till I fly out, cant wait. :thumbsu:

When are you flying out Shell? I depart on June 22nd.

I've actually ended up deciding to do the 'Atlantic Dream' tour that you've been on. Looks amazing.

Well. The motivation that will get me through for the next while is that I have finally decided for now that my big travelling plans will come to fruition within 2.5-3 years.*

Seems a while but best case scenario is sept/oct next year.*

I've never been overseas, don't even have a map or a freakin passport yet. That's how far into p,winning I am

Anyway. Avid reader of thread and have found a lot of interesting tidbits through reading back pages.*
One things that caught me was the praise for the Rockefeller Centre compared to the empire state building.

Anyway. So much to think about and organize. I don't want to be cross crossing the country for things I sort of want it to be head in one constant direction.. Which is a pain because I want Vegas to be last and New York first, but going by what I think will happen this will happen in opposite ways.

Plan is for a sports trip. I'm a huge footy fan but love my American sports. And just want to experience it all when it comes to sports and the stuff I've watched for years growing up and followed for years.*

Plans on trip. Just for random talk are*

New York
Possibly somewhere like Boston.*
LA but not for long.*
Las Vegas.*
Texas/Dallas*
Would like Hawaii*
Then headin off to England after all of/ some of this to watch some EPL.*

Including these things:
A game/games of baseball-MLB, NFL, NBA and any other sports I can get my hands into.
Yankee stadium ( have high expectations here, plan on spending hours and hours there)
Ground zero
Statue of liberty.*
Madison Square Garden
Cowboy stadium
Any freakin sports stadium :)
Vegas for a bit of culture shock and bit of gambling.*
Plus all the other touristy things these places entail.

I'll be visiting here a bit. So I enjoy feedback and suggestions, as continuing in the tradition of the thread.*

Few things of note:*
Have already accepted the fact that I will have to buy a second suitcase to fill up with crap I buy :)
Looking at the quarantine sites. And understanding how border security works etc etc. I have plans for example to buy some memorabilia. Possibly match worn, game used etc. how stringent is stringent. Has anybody had an experience of that sort of stuff where the most simple mark on a shoe is fumigated or confiscated etc. I'm not going to come back with half of central park scattered on clothes. But small amounts. Is small amount too much? I have a funny feeling I know an answer. But refuse to concede :)

What's border control like going from USA to london? Is it a pain in the arse?*

I welcome any feedback or comments.*

The only time I was asked questions about where I had been in relation to dirt or water was when I landed back in Australia. I told them we had been saturated at Niagara Falls but they weren't interested in that. They seem to be all about rural areas. I'd be amazed if they are looking to confiscate anything that has a grass stain from Yankee Stadium or Central Park. Pretty sure it is those out of the way uncontrolled areas they are interested in.

Flights from Melb to LAX, from JFK to London and frankfurt back to Melb for $2500 all good?

Yep, thats the Lufthansa all year small beer fare, just have to pay for your internals in the USA.:thumbsu:

Not sure if that was slang or you mean with Lufthansa Freak? It's with Qantas.

Internals within US are dirt cheap which is good as I'll be bouncing here and there.......just not with Spirit air again. Though US ****ed me over last time.

Not sure if that was slang or you mean with Lufthansa Freak? It's with Qantas.

Internals within US are dirt cheap which is good as I'll be bouncing here and there.......just not with Spirit air again. Though US ****ed me over last time.

Did you do it yourself or via a travel agent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only time I was asked questions about where I had been in relation to dirt or water was when I landed back in Australia. I told them we had been saturated at Niagara Falls but they weren't interested in that. They seem to be all about rural areas. I'd be amazed if they are looking to confiscate anything that has a grass stain from Yankee Stadium or Central Park. Pretty sure it is those out of the way uncontrolled areas they are interested in.

Yeah. Something like a game used ball or shirt along my travels.
So. Unless I go to like south American jungle infested with things, they really don't care and a game used baseball as a souvenir would be fine?

does anyone know what airlines fly with a stopover in hawaii?
Hawaiian airlines does but the cheapest flight return I could find was $2500
was hoping for something along the lines of $2000

Alternatively are there any websites that can search flights with a certain stopover?
ATM I'm just searching flights but having to go through them one by one to see where they stop.

Alternatively are there any websites that can search flights with a certain stopover?
ATM I'm just searching flights but having to go through them one by one to see where they stop.

Qantas and Hawaiian are the only options (via Sydney)

Freakie
Travel Agent to bigfooty

When are you flying out Shell? I depart on June 22nd.

I've actually ended up deciding to do the 'Atlantic Dream' tour that you've been on. Looks amazing.

June 1st I fly to LA. With a couple of night in a hotel before I start the tour, on the 3rd.

Enjoy- report back on the WWR and the theme parks in Orlando. I'm hoping to get back to Island of Adventure, when I go visit my friend in Florida. :thumbsu:

Try webjet. They show Hawaii stopover flights for V Australia, Air Pacific, Hawaiian Airlines, Korean Air and Qantas. Various prices depending on travel dates but some are only $200 more than the direct flight. One of Air Pacific's connects in Nadi though so it is a long flight.

Try webjet. They show Hawaii stopover flights for V Australia, Air Pacific, Hawaiian Airlines, Korean Air and Qantas. Various prices depending on travel dates but some are only $200 more than the direct flight. One of Air Pacific's connects in Nadi though so it is a long flight.

You'll either have over night stop overs (korean Air, again the long way...) and V Australia will most likely take you all the way to LAX and then code share with American Airlines back to Hawaii, then you would have to return to LAX to get home.

By all means shop around but the internet can be wonderful and fraught with problems at the same time, some TA's price beat.... just saying...

You'll either have over night stop overs (korean Air, again the long way...) and V Australia will most likely take you all the way to LAX and then code share with American Airlines back to Hawaii, then you would have to return to LAX to get home.

By all means shop around but the internet can be wonderful and fraught with problems at the same time, some TA's price beat.... just saying...

I assumed he was talking about stopping off for several days then picking up the trip again without paying for two separate flights. These are doable.

You are right in that most flights tend to go to LAX and then back to Hawaii, but webjet gives some 0 stop options and a 1 stop option that isn't LAX. I've looked for the same myself and actually done the LAX to Hawaii and back to LAX before flying home horror trip so was pleasantly surprised to find these webjet options today without it being double the price.

2.5 weeks to spend in the US late June til mid July. No particular plans or preferences as yet, can anyone give me some ideas to start my research? I kind of like the idea of visiting New Orleans, but other than that I don't really know.

2.5 weeks to spend in the US late June til mid July. No particular plans or preferences as yet, can anyone give me some ideas to start my research? I kind of like the idea of visiting New Orleans, but other than that I don't really know.

If you really want to see New Orleans, I dont think you need any more than 3 nights there, which would leave time for New York and 1 other city, maybe Chicago. If your on that side of that side of the country, I would recommend these 2 cities as the best.

If your not fussed, San Francisco is the best city in America for mine. San Francisco, LA (do all the touristy stuff) and Vegas would fit 2.5 week comfortably.

Help/Advice needed please.

I am planning on going to the US in mid to late august for about 3 to 3 and a half weeks, having never been i need some advice.
I will be travlling alone for the whole trip.
This is my plan so far (very early plan) Fly into New York spend between 7-9 nights there with possibly overnight trips to Boston and Chicago via train from NY.
Then fly to Vancouver from New York for possibly 2 nights.
From there fly to LA and spend 1-2 nights in LA, 3 nights in Vegas and 1-2 in either San Fran or San diego (or both) and then fly back to Melbourne from LA.

Does this sound reasonable? Am i missing anything obvouis?
Note i wont be hireing a car so will be public transport and internal flights to get around.

Is Vancouver worth it?

Thanks.

Flights are booked leaving in March :). San Fran, then Vegas then Dallas finishing up in the big apple. Would of loved to go Chicago but ran out of time and money.

Does any one know what there is to do in Dallas? never been and the internet and travel agents are both pretty lite on info. Any answers would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back