Vale Matt Rendell

Remove this Banner Ad

A really sad loss and condolences to his friends and family.
Huge loss to footy as AFL need people like Matt Rendall. He was authentic, completely stitched up with the racism rubbish when he was actually trying to get the AFL to open up opportunity for young Aboriginals from difficult backgrounds and he was being honest why. Garlett the guy he was referring to was picked up by Hawks (the only club interested) and failed. It's a pity they didnt listen as he was 100% right.

Man life is too short. Amazing this can happen so suddenly out of nowhere. How is this prevented?
The following advice is coming from a guy that dodged a (unprovoked) pulmonary embolism a few year ago at age 49....

1. Keep you fingers crossed....s**t can happen to anybody, no matter what. Life is fragile.
2. Hope that you have good genetics....this lessens the odds of s**t happening. But it is no guarantee. See #1.
3. And as for things within your control....Keep yourself healthy - exercise, eat well, be happy....and keep your fingers crossed.

Have always thought he got absolutely stitched up by Jason Mifsud too.

Wouldn't be the first time that Mifsud has done that...

Terrible news, way too young, RIP

Stress, smoking, eating habits, family history, could be the result of a number of things. Guys (and gals), watch your health, especially if you're over 50, 64 is just way too young.

Seriously good footballer, used to smash us, particularly @ The Junction.

Simon Madden is the best ruckman that I have seen, but I do remember some great battles between him and Matt Rendell. Just checked on AFL Tables for Matt Rendell's stats at the Junction Oval. Played 26, won 22. Elite win-rate!

Was a straight-shooter in his media work - didn't seem to take himself or the industry too seriously.

Heart attacks have been happening since the beginning of time you muppet
And rates or cardiac deaths, and all cause mortality, are up 10-15% above average in 2022 and 2023, only half of which is covid related, despite many of the frailest and most vulnerable having already died in the preceding years.

In case you doubt it, check out the recently released white paper published by the Australian actuarial society. Life insurers are shitting themselves

Last edited:
He was a bit of a yahoo around the Trade/Draft time but was always willing to have a contrasting view.

Have always thought he got absolutely stitched up by Jason Mifsud too.

I was trying to think of that guy whilst listening to the SEN breakfast show, I couldn't get his surname.

Totally agree too, when you heard Rendell speak after those allegations he was nearly in tears such was the insult to his character.

And rates or cardiac deaths, and all cause mortality, are up 10-15% above average in 2022 and 2023, only half of which is covid related, despite many of the frailest and most vulnerable having already died in the preceding years.

In case you doubt it, check out the recently released white paper published by the Australian actuarial society. Life insurers are shitting themselves
Your point?

This is a thread discussing the passing of a football legend, not a thread to discuss the dangers of covid/vaccines.

Your point?

This is a thread discussing the passing of a football legend, not a thread to discuss the dangers of covid/vaccines.
Um, I was replying to your comment about heart attacks. Weird that you would tell me off for replying to a subject that you addressed.

My point is that your point was entirely fallacious, since if there has been a change in the incidence of cardiac deaths (there has), then that is significant, and makes your comment that "there's always been heart attacks" (paraphrasing) similar to someone saying "there have always been hot days", in response to someone raising a concern about evidence of increased frequency of extremely hot days, as part of a picture of climate change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, I was replying to your comment about heart attacks. Weird that you would tell me off for replying to a subject that you addressed.

My point is that your point was entirely fallacious, since if there has been a change in the incidence of cardiac deaths (there has), then that is significant, and makes your comment that "there's always been heart attacks" (paraphrasing) similar to someone saying "there have always been hot days", in response to someone raising a concern about evidence of increased frequency of extremely hot days, as part of a picture of climate change.
I think you misunderstood my point.

This is a post saying that a football legend has died and the second poster has to bring up vaccines. Imagine if you were at the funeral and you said to his family "It WaS tHe VaCcInEs BrO".

Odds are it was a natural cause anyway. So show some respect and campaign elsewhere.

Very sad news. Matt was a very good player and a great recruiter. A big guy with a heart of gold, he was always willing to have a chat and a laugh.
Sad 😭 that he has passed away.

Was the crows scout from 2007-11.

He was the one that made the brave call to choose Dangerfield over Ebert in 2007.

Man life is too short. Amazing this can happen so suddenly out of nowhere. How is this prevented?
Micheal Roach was on Newman’s podcast the other week and described his heart attack at 63.

Triple bypass after taking a walk. Never smoked, light drinker, reasonable fit, heathy lifestyle etc

He said he had absolutely no symptoms up until that day.

The human body is complex.

I think you misunderstood my point.

This is a post saying that a football legend has died and the second poster has to bring up vaccines. Imagine if you were at the funeral and you said to his family "It WaS tHe VaCcInEs BrO".

Odds are it was a natural cause anyway. So show some respect and campaign elsewhere.
No, I understood your point. If your priority was being respectful and not engaging in unedifying discussions about covid and vaccines, then you would have simply ignored the other poster’s comment. But you didn’t. You put in your own two cents, and then afterwards postured to take some imagined moral high ground when others contributed to the same discussion. You’re a hypocrite. We’re both taking part in the same discussion. Don’t pretend you’re somehow trying to keep the discussion on a respectful track.

No, I understood your point. If your priority was being respectful and not engaging in unedifying discussions about covid and vaccines, then you would have simply ignored the other poster’s comment. But you didn’t. You put in your own two cents, and then afterwards postured to take some imagined moral high ground when others contributed to the same discussion. You’re a hypocrite. We’re both taking part in the same discussion. Don’t pretend you’re somehow trying to keep the discussion on a respectful track.
Shut the * up idiot. Why would I be respectful to someone pushing anti-vax bullshit on a memorial post?

Just ignore it. Yeah go * yourself.

Shut the * up idiot. Why would I be respectful to someone pushing anti-vax bullshit on a memorial post?

Just ignore it. Yeah go * yourself.
I’m sure if the Rendell family read your posts they’d be moved by the solemn dignity with which you comport yourself in a memorial post

I’m sure if the Rendell family read your posts they’d be moved by the solemn dignity with which you comport yourself in a memorial post
If my dad died and some dumb campaigner started posting anti-vax bullshit in his memorial thread I'd fully support anybody shutting that down in the harshest way possible.

Notable draftees at Adelaide under Rendell: Patrick Dangerfield, Andy Otten, Phil Davis, Rory Sloane, Daniel Talia, Jack Gunston, Brodie Smith, Jarryd Lyons, Brad Crouch and Rory Laird (rookie).

All through the years of the compromised drafts of GG and GWS
Core of a pretty good team if only we had better player retention.

If my dad died and some dumb campaigner started posting anti-vax bullshit in his memorial thread I'd fully support anybody shutting that down in the harshest way possible.
And if my dad died of a heart attack, during a period of unprecedented increase in cardiac deaths and all-cause mortality, for which no explanation has been made or investigation undertaken, I wouldn’t want moronic comments about heart attacks having always happened being posted in a memorial thread. I would find that extremely disrespectful.

But we don’t know what the Rendell family would think or want. So don’t pretend that half of this conversation is respectful and the other half disrespectful. We are both equally derailing the conversation, and are as bad as each other.

I'm sure they'd call you a dickhead as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back