AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Veteran Tigers well on road to recovery
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
3:11:13 PM Thu 20 November, 2003

Richmond captain Wayne Campbell and vice-captain Darren Gaspar are both right on target to line up against Collingwood in the big opening round clash of the 2004 season under the MCG lights.

Campbell, who snapped his Achilles tendon in the Round 15 loss to Geelong at Telstra Dome this year and Gaspar, who tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament in the dying moments of the Round 11 match against the Kangaroos at the same venue, have been most impressive with their pre-season work to date.

"They're running really well and looking good. At this stage, we certainly expect them both to be ready to play Round 1 next season," said the Tigers' Football Manager Greg Hutchison.

"It's been a real buzz to have the pair of them out there, involved in the pre-season, so short into their rehab. period.

"They've both approached their rehab. extremely well, as you'd imagine -- you just wouldn't expect anything less. They've really been great . . ."

Another Tiger veteran who also has caught the eye on the training track during the pre-season so far, has been Duncan Kellaway.

The courageous 30-year-old continued to be hampered by injuries throughout the 2003 season and managed just seven senior appearances.

But he's determined to bounce back in '04 and has set himself for a big pre-season to ensure that happens.

"Duncan's going really well. He's free of injury at the moment and seems to be moving particularly freely -- compared to this time last year," Hutchison said.

"Hopefully, he can have a really good year for us in 2004 because he's such a popular player at Tigerland -- he's an inspiration -- and he certainly deserves a change of luck on the injury front."

Originally posted by evo
No mention of Bowden,does he really have a OP problem?

I admire your cynicism! Maybe he has had enough of our constant bagging and is really ****ed off at the club for not arranging a trade!

Maybe the OP line is a coverup!

Originally posted by CJH
I admire your cynicism! Maybe he has had enough of our constant bagging and is really ****ed off at the club for not arranging a trade!

Maybe the OP line is a coverup!

Lol-It was a serious question actualy, I'm bit a fan of Bowdens.What sort of time are they talking here?

As for Duncan Kellaway,hmmmm,seems strange that they are pumping him up so early,maybe I'm being cynical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back