VFL VFL 2020 - Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any insight on how the game went and who played and played well? Surely some of the posters on here are closely linked to the club?

This Francis Evans kid they plucked from the clouds must be a sneaky chance down the track.
I love him, genuinely think he’ll be the first out of that draft to make a debut and reckon it will be within the next month.
He has some serious talent

Last edited:
Good to see some of last years draftees performing well. I had some serious doubts about some of those picks, in particular the first player we selected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really glad the clubs are arranging these scratch matches - massively important to development of the next gen and also their morale/mental health.

Suspect the write up was a little ‘puffy’ but good to hear about players getting through games well.

Good to hear about Cocky, Frankie and Freddie getting amongst the goals. The temptation is there to play them soon but I think the club will continue to be cautious in building match fitness. Be surprised if Evans plays this year given was playing for Brunswick (?) last - big step up in a year.

Short term it will be Parsons, Fog as mid and small fwd depth, Zuthrie for defence and Henderson as KP.

Last edited:
From this report Zuthrie and Parsons will be in the side any week now lol

C'mon DC. Give credit to the boys who keep ticking all the boxes.
Good on them... U can only play as well as u can.
Plenty on here dumped on Simmo before Thursday night.... look like fools on Friday though... Hey??
FWIW i think Cocky & Evans will get a gig whilst in WA.
Cheers!

So with 3 weeks in the west.
Mitch & Sparkle in doubt.. & Atkins another week or two away.
Doors open for Cocky, FOG, Chook & Parsons.
Clark, hopefully is displaying some defensive pressure to arsenal to be recalled.
As for Freddie, he needs a few things to fall his way. Mainly player availability and then match ups.
Cant see him taking Hawks, SavRats or Rohans position though.
Cheers!

C'mon DC. Give credit to the boys who keep ticking all the boxes.
Good on them... U can only play as well as u can.
Plenty on here dumped on Simmo before Thursday night.... look like fools on Friday though... Hey??
FWIW i think Cocky & Evans will get a gig whilst in WA.
Cheers!
I will never look like a fool on these two

Clark, hopefully is displaying some defensive pressure to arsenal to be recalled.
As for Freddie, he needs a few things to fall his way. Mainly player availability and then match ups.
Cheers!

Hands up , I saw no future for SS..very happy to be wrong

Now I have fears for CC... I really doubt they pick him on a big oval on hard track in WA

Zuthrie had his shot round 1 and fluffed it yet again, back of the queue as far as the youngsters go. They've tried him just about everywhere, move on from that experiment I think. Compare to Simpson grabbing his opportunity with both hands. If we need a winger for Duncan, Clark is the obvious choice.

Cheers!
I think to start of with Freddie he will be used as that Tom Lynch ( Adelaide) 3rd tall like last year, while his young and needs games under his belt they won't play him as the CHF

Cheers!
Could Freddy replace Harry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back