VFL Management Game

Remove this Banner Ad

ClaudeGriffin

Rookie
Apr 6, 2008
Seddon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I can now start threads so I can provide a bit more detail.

In July, we (anonymous parties at this stage, more will be revealed in time) are releasing a VFL Management game in the style of Championship Manager (rather than EA Sports-style).

Why VFL? Because of licensing restrictions around AFL and our good relationship with the VFL, we thought this would be the best place to start. Most important is creating a game engine that accurately simulates a football season/match.

The initial release of this game will be FREE to download and play. A sponsor is covering the development costs so we don't intend to sell the game.

Features will include:

- Be the coach of any current VFL team
- Includes all VFL players, each rated in 20 different skill categories
- Select the team each week, create your own playing style
- Give specific instructions to individual players
- Watch a 2D simulation of each match with the ability to make interchanges and match ups during the game
- Full post match statistics including player stats
- JJ Liston vote count
- Injuries
- Reports and tribunal
- Negotiate player contracts

We are also proposing to introduce a draft/trade week - although this is not an accurate reflection of the VFL as it stands, it will create a game engine that can easily be converted to other football leagues and assists in player regeneration.

There will be more features but that gives you an outline of what were are currently working on.

It's at the beta testing stage. You might be best served checking the VFL Coach thread on vflfooty.com as most feedback is going on that particular thread.

Wow>> A Vfl Management Game>> Thats Awesome>>

Think Of The International Games>> Cricket//soccer That Allows You To Control One Team One Season Then Another Team The Next>> Imagine>> The Afl>> Vfl>>sanfl>>wafll All Combingin For One Awesome Wicked Game>> Imagine The Drafting In Years To Come>> Include A Draft>> So Many Ideas>> Its Awesome>> Lol> Im Excited Already>>>>

Ggod Luck Guys>> Keep Us Posted>>

Im In>>>>>>>>

Wow>> A Vfl Management Game>> Thats Awesome>>

Think Of The International Games>> Cricket//soccer That Allows You To Control One Team One Season Then Another Team The Next>> Imagine>> The Afl>> Vfl>>sanfl>>wafll All Combingin For One Awesome Wicked Game>> Imagine The Drafting In Years To Come>> Include A Draft>> So Many Ideas>> Its Awesome>> Lol> Im Excited Already>>>>

Ggod Luck Guys>> Keep Us Posted>>

Im In>>>>>>>>
wow...

Hi all,

I'm pleased to say that after nearly a year of development the game is complete!

It is not perfect but we are really happy with the finished product - and it is certainly the best footy sim out there!

Go to theoval.com.au - it's called VFL Coach and best of all it is free!

All feedback welcome, you can leave it here or otherwise on the VFL Coach forum.

Enjoy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, same for me. I'll see if I can get in contact with the oval and get them to fix it. Stay tuned...

Was enjoyable, but after i finished the second season, i cant go any further without there being errors and it shutting down.

Hopefully you guys can fix this.

The link is fixed, happy downloading.

For those of you with game issues, go to the VFL Coach forum and log them. Hopefully the developer will fix them in due course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back