VFL VFL Round 8 v Werribee - Saturday May 18 11:05 @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been saying that he's not great and he wants us to see that HDM is young and emerging.

I mean, he has touched the ball more but at the same time, felt like a strong performance for Werribee.
Expectations of him were high pre season. He was deemed a likely round 1 debutant but then the Collingwood disease, longer term injury, interrupted his hoped for meteoric rise. But if he must be young and emerging, let it be so till age and experience indicate otherwise. The only player who has impressed with his movement today is Allan.

The AFL Phantom Draft with Harry going to North before our pick and then us picking Logan Morris would have been ideal for us with the type of player we should have been looking to draft.
That been the Smarter Pick as feels our Needs lot more

a good match to look for examples of leadership...6 afl players and most are just trying to get an easy kick. Two examples of a good chance for a goal which crocker snuffed out. He is a momentum killer.

Some of the calls on an 18? Year old are way to early. Judging him halfway through his 3rd VFL match after coming back from an injury. At least give him half a season.

Problem might be that there was so much hype around him preseason maybe breaking into the seniors early in the year, so going by that , we were keen to see him when he returned. I agree though, missing so much football in the early rounds, looks a bit lost out there.
Hopefully after a month or so of more footy he picks up the pace and starts making an impact

We are getting exactly what we want from the vfl. Regulars due to injury have been given spots in the seniors and are performing well.

This has a flow on effect to the ressies
No the VFL players are judged against other VFL players and teams and ours are very ordinary. I said this team is very ordinary and it is even with the AFL players, we lost to a team who hadn’t won in 2 years and another who hadn’t won a game this year. It’s obvious that the VFL players we recruited are not even up to this standard. Hutchinson has been nothing but talk, a very average player for the wraps he’s been given. I’m not judging the team by how many players go into the afl team, I’m judging it by the way they play as a team against other VFL teams and by that metric they are very average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No the VFL players are judged against other VFL players and teams and ours are very ordinary. I said this team is very ordinary and it is even with the AFL players, we lost to a team who hadn’t won in 2 years and another who hadn’t won a game this year. It’s obvious that the VFL players we recruited are not even up to this standard. Hutchinson has been nothing but talk, a very average player for the wraps he’s been given. I’m not judging the team by how many players go into the afl team, I’m judging it by the way they play as a team against other VFL teams and by that metric they are very average.
All that really matters though is how the AFL players develop. The ones we’ve called upon so far have been ready.
So the VFL team is doing its job.

How has HDM’s second half been?

I haven’t called for him to be delisted, just he isn’t showing what was promised. 17 touches is improvement but the real test will be when more experience returns.

How has HDM’s second half been?

I haven’t called for him to be delisted, just he isn’t showing what was promised. 17 touches is improvement but the real test will be when more experience returns.
He might find it easier with more experience around him. He has played in the worst team in the VFL over the last 3 weeks.

collingwood.jpg

State league affiliate: Collingwood (VFL)
This weekend: Collingwood v Werribee at Victoria Park, Saturday May 18, 11.05am AEST

MATCH CENTRE Check out all the stats from Collingwood's clash

Out-of-favour forward Ash Johnson kicked 1.2 while untried midfielder Ed Allan was among the Pies best with five clearances, 15 disposals and nine tackles.

Defender Tew Jiath had 20 touches, while CharlieDean was a pillar up back with eight marks and 21 disposals.

Small defender Jakob Ryan had five marks and four tackles to go along with his 14 disposals, while midfielder Harry DeMattia was busy with 17 disposals and a clearance.

Category B rookie Wil Parker had 16 disposals and seven tackles playing as defender

collingwood.jpg

State league affiliate: Collingwood (VFL)
This weekend: Collingwood v Werribee at Victoria Park, Saturday May 18, 11.05am AEST

MATCH CENTRE Check out all the stats from Collingwood's clash

Out-of-favour forward Ash Johnson kicked 1.2 while untried midfielder Ed Allan was among the Pies best with five clearances, 15 disposals and nine tackles.

Defender Tew Jiath had 20 touches, while CharlieDean was a pillar up back with eight marks and 21 disposals.

Small defender Jakob Ryan had five marks and four tackles to go along with his 14 disposals, while midfielder Harry DeMattia was busy with 17 disposals and a clearance.

Category B rookie Wil Parker had 16 disposals and seven tackles playing as defender
Why didn't Krueger play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back