Official Club Stuff VFL Team name Feedback

What do you want the Bulldogs VFL team name to be?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Official poll is on the WesternBulldogs site, and you need to be a member to qualify.

This poll is just a BigFooty one, to give us an idea of what our sample space thinks.

Just pointing out that one of the votes here should be for the other option :thumbsu:

I'd think Footscray will win in an absolute landslide.

I already voted for the Footscray option, but if its the case that there will be no games played at Whitten Oval (I knew it would be somewhat of a barnstorming team), then I'm having doubts. Is there any proof of this being the case?

In like the 256 comments on Facebook at this point I can't see a single vote for WB.

Edit: There is 3.

Most of the people on Facebook claim to have revoked their memberships after the... Well they seem to say it after every loss, so I don't think they're eligible to vote. :p

I like the idea of the Western name for AFL and the Footscray name for VFL. I think bringing back the roots of the team with the VFL name is great and having the west of Melbourne covered by our AFL name helps with providing a large area to derive local supporters from. I think the mix makes sense.

I like the idea of the Western name for AFL and the Footscray name for VFL. I think bringing back the roots of the team with the VFL name is great and having the west of Melbourne covered by our AFL name helps with providing a large area to derive local supporters from. I think the mix makes sense.

My thoughts exactly. Western in the VFL with Williamstown & Werribee there doesn't make sense anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be pretty one sided.

Still think we should stay the Western bulldogs in the senior side. But then again I was pretty young when the name got changed.

Prefer the name Footscray for the VFL team, distinguishes it from the AFl team a bit and there is a Werribee and Williamstown team so Western might not be that appropriate. I'm one of the people who don't agree with the large group that wants the Footscray name back for the AFL team though, much prefer Western Bulldogs.

Is there any actual source for whether footscray (adopting it early ;)) are playing at whitten oval next year?

Voted - Grand sale, Grand Sale...Foootascray (and North Melbourne, but I don't care two ****s about them)

As many have said, Footscray would be a perfect name for the VFL, however I'm happy to keep the AFL side as Western Bulldogs - everyone calls them the Doggies anyway, and most of our current and future young supporters know any different anyway (well the un brainwashed ones at least)

Voted Footscray, it is the correct decision to make and given we are the Footscray Football Club, makes the most sense.

My two boy are 12 and 9 years old, they are saying the Footscray name sounds stupid. They have only known us as Western Bulldogs, as much as I love Footscary I think it would be best to keep it as WB.

On a side note, whatever happened to the ground of the Sunshine Crows (VFA), Skinner Reserve?

I recall the Bulldogs playing a few practice games there many, many years ago.

I assume that its still there.

I recall going to watch a practice game there sometime in the early/mid 80's and at half time much of the crowd descended upon the the milk bar across the road, completely overwhelming the poor owners and cleaning the place out without paying for anything. Of coarse, I was appalled!

I'd like it to be Footscray but I will vote Western Bulldogs because I can see those few idiots who want out AFL team name changed will pipe up and cause more trouble.

On a side note, whatever happened to the ground of the Sunshine Crows (VFA), Skinner Reserve?

I recall the Bulldogs playing a few practice games there many, many years ago.

Still there but i don't think it's enclosed so would have the same problems as the western oval.

Back