VFL Team of the Year - With a twist

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
OK, so the official end of season team of the year comes out on JJ Liston medal night, full of former AFL players and AFL listed players, but how many players actually have never been on a list? What would a VFL team of the year look like with all the players having a) never played in the AFL and b) having never been listed in any form in the AFL..

What about this:

B: Michael Stockdale (Scorpions)- Cam Pederson (Box Hill) - Matthew Sharkey (Roosters)

HB: Michael Hibberd (Dolphins) - Trent Shinners (Bombers) - Kris Pendlebury (Pies)

C: Callum Richardson (Roosters - Dom Gleeson (Tigers) - Stephen Clifton (Roosters)

HF: Clinton Proctor (Dolphins)- Callum Sinclair (Borough) - Ben Duscher (Bombers)

F: Luke Clark (Dolphins)- Dean Galea (Borough) - Robert Castello (Tigers)

R: Orren Stephenson (Roosters) - Myles Sewell (Roosters) - William Martinello (Tigers)

I/C: Russel Gabriel (Dolphins) - Nicholas Sautner (Zebras) - Paul Kennedy (Dolphins) - Matthew Firman (Cats)

What do people think of this team?

None of these players have been listed (none that I am aware of) in any form on an AFL list.

Any body want to have a crack or add players, take players out?

Nice team... agree totally about the Bombers players in the lineup... Shinners and Duscher have been amazing recruits for Bendigo this season. Dushcer in particular should be on at least a rookie list next season!

I am pretty certain Matt Firman was an Essendon rookie, but other wise solid team! :thumbsu:

Toby Pinwill from Port Melbourne would be a chance over Will Martinello and Stevie Kenna could replace Firman on the bench would be all I'd add!

I am pretty certain Matt Firman was an Essendon rookie, but other wise solid team! :thumbsu:

Toby Pinwill from Port Melbourne would be a chance over Will Martinello and Stevie Kenna could replace Firman on the bench would be all I'd add!

Kenna was a rookie at Carlton also, Pinwill has never been AFL listed..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back