AFL Autopsy Vs. Carlton (Round 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how it's a case of "Carlton were just 5% off", as if we are GWS or some s**t.

Worst 4-0 side in history.

Shhh.

Even the Swans are getting more press about their fine work, and let's keep it that way.

In all seriousness, this is an aberration for Carlton and it was quite frankly un-Carlton-like! They will bounce back and when the heat is on we shall see the Fab 4 or the Amigos or whatever they're called come to the fore.

607167-pn-image-sport-carlton-chris-yarran.jpg

19289365.jpg

Whateley would be well aware, but that's the endearing aspect of Robbo. He is the bog-standard punter who has been given a voice. He's the permanent talkbacker. The whole purpose of him is to provide an uneducated and highly emotionally charged view of the football.

Anyone watch Insider tonight? I was bored, and so I did - quite bizarre. The Chief doing this inane and insincere pump-up of Essendon heralding them as flag favourites with tongue firmly in cheek, and then the first third of the episode was all about how awesome Carlton are. Not complaining about the focus being Carlton, but for a show that is all about analysis of the week in football on a tactical level it was all about Carlton's scoring power and only a mild lip service being paid to how it can not only be stopped but ruthlessly embarrassed.

Then they got to the ANZAC Day tips. Pies for Lynch and King, and then the Chief goes on about how he did the tips for After the Bounce and picked the Pies, but the Bombers are up and about! Et cetera. His tip for the medal being... Dane Swan (mmkay...). Strange and infantile behaviour from a Director of Football no less, but perhaps not so strange when you consider that again only lip service was paid to the fact that Hawthorn choked once more, revealing a lack of vital ticker and instead exhibiting their trademark proclivity for whinging.

The post-mortem of the game has been almost ideal, to be honest. Brushed off as a Carlton aberration, and a once-off for Essendon. Precisely what I suspect the club would be after. For a club that is successful by default, press about form and football itself is of no benefit, and can only be of detriment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back