Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t take any issue with Ryan Burton supporting his father in law though. Struggling to see what the big fuss about that is.
Yeah, I can't see what possible conflict of interest there may be there either.

I’m all in on Tredders, but he was wrong to pull Burton up on voicing his public opinion even when it’s his GFs old man he’s endorsing. When did people become so bloody insecure about alternative ideas & opinions? Who gives a flying **** if those views are in polar opposite to popular mainstream beliefs.

Some of the greatest leaders and breakthroughs in science came from those who stood in the minority.

No wonder the club has a weak backbone & is stumbling between a pendulum of mediocrity & staleness. We might as well change our name to the Port Adelaide Eunuchs, because that would be more fitting. What a bunch of weak pricks.
There's a thing called impartiality.

Important especially when you're an employee

Voted tredders. He will win, reasonably comfortably but probably quite a few more 50/50 supporters out there than you’d think, most of these won’t vote at all. The Pro tredders crowd seems to have much stronger numbers though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don's Party. Nothing is done until it is done.

I’ve got no issue with it whatsoever. I couldn’t care if our entire starting 22 publicly endorsed Abernathy, my vote was always going to WGT.
Employees aren't there to sway the board vote out of self interest and self preservation.

He's played his hand and now his position as an employee is compromised

I hold nothing against Burton, he's a fairly young, naive bloke (at least in a corporate voting sense) trying to impress a girl. We've all been there and done dumb stuff at the time.

The club coming out and defending it is bizarro world. Would have been simple to say "Ryan made a mistake and we've re-iterated the standards we expect to the playing group and it won't happen again." As per usual we instead double down and close ranks around the boys club.

Last edited:
The level of cronyism and nepotism that has negatively affected the club over the last decade needs to either be stamped out or severely scrutinised
In fairness to Hinkley, he still probably wears his Geelong silk boxer shorts to bed each night. Having said that, the optics of his son working for the club isn’t great.

In fairness to Hinkley, he still probably wears his Geelong silk boxer shorts to bed each night. Having said that, the optics of his son working for the club isn’t great.
And having a coaches brother and dad having strong media presences protecting a relatives employment.

Or having a board nominees daughters partner siding with someone who might keep them employed longer.

Or having coaches and players having a financial stake in a race dog.

Etc..

I don’t take any issue with Ryan Burton supporting his father in law though. Struggling to see what the big fuss about that is.

The issue has very little to do with Ryan and more to do with the Club. The issue is that this is meant to be an election whereby there is an impartial and independent process, with zero involvement from anyone in any capacity at the Club. It undermines the entire process. And the Club have publicly stated that it is fair game for anyone at the Club to endorse any candidate. It's ridiculous.

I hold nothing against Burton, he's a fairly young, naive bloke (at least in a corporate voting sense) trying to impress a girl. We've all been there and done dumb stuff at the time.

The club coming out and defending it is bizarro world. Would have been simple to say "Ryan made a mistake and we've re-iterated the standards we expect to the playing group and it won't happen again." As per usual we instead double down and close ranks around the boys club.

The Club wouldn't be able to come out with a quote along the lines of the one you have suggested if Ryan got permission from the Club prior to posting it.

Im not sure. Last AGM Koch answered my question with a blatant lie. I sent an email to Richo quoting Koch and attaching evidence in rebuttal. In Richo's defense, he did reply but did not acknowledge the 'untruths'. If Warren wins, and I assume he will, I might just sit there with a smug look of my face. Might even say g'day to my mate CD.
I’d seriously take those party popper things and some sparklers to celebrate 😜

The club came out today and said they don't have an issue with anyone at the club voicing their support for either candidate.

That should put the matter to bed.
They don't care, it has zero impact on the voting (or result), so why do so many here keep complaining about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club came out today and said they don't have an issue with anyone at the club voicing their support for either candidate.

That should put the matter to bed.
They don't care, it has zero impact on the voting (or result), so why do so many here keep complaining about it.
They also have no problem going into year 20 with 0 flags and all to show from it is the largest ever defeat in a GF which happened well before their time here.

I’d seriously take those party popper things and some sparklers to celebrate 😜

I thought you bailed from football at the end of last season?
Weren't interested anymore, woe is me, Port suck, no membership for me, until things change I'm done etc etc.

Pretty vocal for someone who bailed and apparently doesn't give a s**t anymore.

Weren't interested anymore, woe is me, Port suck, no membership for me, until things change I'm done etc etc.

Voting for warren is voting for change.

You're a pratt.

They also have no problem going into year 20 with 0 flags and all to show from it is the largest ever defeat in a GF which happened well before their time here.

You're talking about two different things.

No supporter is pleased about the recent lack of success, or the signing on again of a failed coach and a fool for a president and a invisible CEO.

Because you’re better dressed and in better shape with a better looking partner than Burton you’re also a scratch golfer right? apologies but the hate on this forum has jumped the shark when we’re bagging our players for their dress sense
Late to the party on this one, but surely this is a piss take? And I think most people here can wear a suit better than that. He should have let his mum dress him.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Sounds like she's advocating and participating in something that can initiate some change. This is completely consistent with her position.

Yeah agree, if it was for chairman or CEO I'd be much more concerned.

My overall point was that both options are s**t and the club deserves better than deciding between lunacy and incompetence - which when it boils down to it, is the true nature of the choice.

We've been so beaten down for so long that not only are we willing to accept what is perceived to be the lesser of two evils - lunacy - we're actually excited about it.

Sad times.

Yeah I’m sad that a premiership captain wants to steer us in the right direction to win more flags.

This whole thread should be bookmarked, and returned to at seasons end, to see what difference one person on the board made to the results for the season - and if we ****ed up finals again.

And also so we can see what tangibles actually changed with Tredders (or Abba) on the board to ANYTHING to do with the club - on or off the field.

The white knight syndrome has grabbed most of you by the balls and will not let go.
Baffling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back