Multiplat Was Fallout 4 A disappointment?

Remove this Banner Ad

Put in 150hours. Last half of the game was me 1hit KOing everything that moved on survival. Kinda dulled the game for me.

I got the platinum without even trying which also kinda bummed me out.

It wasn't a disappointment because it's Bethesda. I didn't expect an rpg. I expected an action game with a skill tree which is what we got.

If I expected NV I would be disappointed because we went from RPg to RPg lite.

But god damn was 4 fun to play. Only a disappointment if you expected an obsidian rpg IMO.

I certainly get the criticism that it is difficult to play the badarse in this game, like you could in previous games with karma etc.

I haven't touched much of the main story, but even just the premise, ie, looking for your kidnapped son, is pretty weak. There's only so much you can do with that. But really, there is so much to do and experience with this game, the story is just window dressing for the rest of the gameworld.

Its been the most addictive and immersive game i have played in years

Wonder if they'll bother with another Fallout game? Don't have many options left, and a change of wilderness couldn't hurt...Alaska anyone? South Florida/the Keys?

Wonder if they'll bother with another Fallout game? Don't have many options left, and a change of wilderness couldn't hurt...Alaska anyone? South Florida/the Keys?
youre shitting me right?

Obsidian want to make one based in Louisianna

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't want them to overdo it.
There's what you want and then there's what's reality. ;)

I think I read the next ES game is due for 2019, so hoping that is epic. Will be a while before Bethesda release another fallout.

I'm expecting an obsidian release in 2018 or so

They'll want to ride the wave of popularity while its still fresh
Never really played much of NV. I still have the ultimate edition laying around, was thinking about giving that a playthrough.

yet to play it, holding off. grizzled veteran of over 1000 hours in all fallouts. as someone who found skyrim dumbed down and overloaded with menial tasks and radiant quests instead of more interesting material, i'm not really surprised when i read of more 'streamlining' from bethesda. it looks like they've gone from flirting with farmville to embracing it.
i don't expect to be ladling the jizz out of my pants for this one, but pointless offering any sort of critique at this time. but i'm sure i'll enjoy it to some extent.

People don't need to be concerned with the franchise being exploited, Bethesda doesn't work that way, they'll bring out an Elder Scrolls game before they will another Fallout.

Never really played much of NV. I still have the ultimate edition laying around, was thinking about giving that a playthrough.

NV was the first Fallout game I played, I thought it was a pretty good game

the improvement in gameplay alone makes 4 a better title than 3 or NV.
Yep this.

Playing fallout 3 now feels reeeeally clunky. Shooting out of vats is pretty difficult. Bit of nostalgia kicking in re 3, had some nice elements (the karma missions like megaton and tenpenny), but the main story was arguably as weak as 4...maybe weaker as it was over in literally 6 hours. I'm not talking the DLC here, just the original game, as who knows what the DLC for 4 will be like.

New vegas had a great story and great karma options. But again had annoying things like bland companions with horrendous AI...plus the mountainous terrain was a massive pain in the arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back