youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-08-14/harris-stepping-down-as-president

lk_deckchairs500.jpg%7Ec200

Last edited:
Figured this deserved it's own thread. Officially announced by the club here: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-08-14/harris-stepping-down-as-president
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-08-14/harris-stepping-down-as-president
Steve has presided over what is undeniably the most successful period of the club, and it's a shame he's going out when we're back down the bottom.

Dale Alcock is a name everyone in WA should know, and has some seriously impressive credentials.

Thanks Steve for everything you've done for the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how I feel about this one.

If 2016 is Anus Horribulus as Ross Lyon says, 2017 is a.......I'm leaving that one alone.

Irrespective he presided over a period of success and proved me wrong.

Some say he's a good bloke....me, I dunno how I feel right now

Media beat up on 9: crisis at the Dockers deepens.

****heads.

How else would you look at it?

The clubs in complete shambles.

Players wanting to be traded to the mob up the road, assistant coaches leaving mid year, woeful execution of the new 'gameplan', directors talking pulp on the radio, the prez axed (sorry, 'transitioned')

Players wanting to be traded to the mob up the road, assistant coaches leaving mid year, woeful execution of the new 'gameplan', directors talking pulp on the radio, the prez axed (sorry, 'transitioned')

Players wanting to be traded --> no confirmation, lots of rumour mongering, and, if those rumours are true - it's a bit of a dummy spit, to be honest, and an attempt at the tail wagging the dog.

Assistant coaches leaving mid year --> hardly. Season ends in two weeks and coaches would have been given notice in July, just like every year, and Sumich decides to act like a turd and leak his departure - why wouldn't he be sent off on gardening leave?

Not saying that all is well in Freo land, clearly there is a lot going on, which is why there is a clear out that's commenced - but to talk Armageddon and deep crisis is bullshit and media beat up.

Want to see a club in REAL crisis, look at Brisbane. How long have you been a supporter? I've only been around since 2011, but even I know enough about our club's history to know that this is NOT the worst position it's been in. If anything, the media is probably trying to harken back to that time when we were the basket case of the league, certainly the punching bag of WA sport "journalists" who haven't had much to kick us about recently until this year.

Players wanting to be traded --> no confirmation, lots of rumour mongering, and, if those rumours are true - it's a bit of a dummy spit, to be honest, and an attempt at the tail wagging the dog.

Assistant coaches leaving mid year --> hardly. Season ends in two weeks and coaches would have been given notice in July, just like every year, and Sumich decides to act like a turd and leak his departure - why wouldn't he be sent off on gardening leave?

Not saying that all is well in Freo land, clearly there is a lot going on, which is why there is a clear out that's commenced - but to talk Armageddon and deep crisis is bullshit and media beat up.

Want to see a club in REAL crisis, look at Brisbane. How long have you been a supporter? I've only been around since 2011, but even I know enough about our club's history to know that this is NOT the worst position it's been in. If anything, the media is probably trying to harken back to that time when we were the basket case of the league, certainly the punching bag of WA sport "journalists" who haven't had much to kick us about recently until this year.

But Brisbane has played 3 more grand finals than us and have 3 more cups.

Or fresh start!
Depends how you look at it.

I had my seat in the second row at our GF. The Steves got us there in so many ways, they weren't responsible for our not converting our shots into goals on the day.

But they gave us our chance, which had always been so far beyond our reach. I for one will always be thankful for his efforts.

I had my seat in the second row at our GF. The Steves got us there in so many ways, they weren't responsible for our not converting our shots into goals on the day.

But they gave us our chance, which had always been so far beyond our reach. I for one will always be thankful for his efforts.

The Steve's take 4 bounces down the wing at Geelong to nail the sealer in the semi did they?

The reality is that we're just as far from a flag on Harris' last day as we were on his first day. And we didn't get one in between. We're in the business of flags. I'm not greatful one bit.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back