Ween

Remove this Banner Ad

For all of you music lovers out there the greatest band in the history of music (Ween obviously) have announced on their web site that they will tour Oz early next year. No dates as yet but they are coming..........

Bow down before Boognish and worship at the altar of Ween.

They said Oz and NZ so i am thinking they may be doing the BDO out tour. Although that may not be a good thing, at a festival in the US they had a 45 minute slot and played a 45 minute version of poop ship destroyer... I love the song and it is their anthem but......

If they do a proper tour I will do Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide, cannot wait but to get me through I'll have a Pork roll egg and cheese or 3.

I love their song " push the little daisies and make them come up" that one song has me in fits of laughter everytime I listen to it.:thumbsu::eek:

Google them if you are keen to find out... They have been around for along time (about 20 years). If you were going to start somewhere with their back catalogue for a listen try Chocolate and Cheese, an album that came out in the mid 90's its fairly user friendly. Recently they released an EP called "The Friends EP" which is a fair mixture of music styles and the new album yet to be released is called "La Cucaracha"

Whenever I hear of "Ween" I think of The Late Show's "Sing like a ****head and dance like a duck"...

Not the best lasting impression they could make on the masses!

That was funny, but its a shame most people are only aware of Ween due to one song that wouldn't even crack the top100 ween songs.

If you want a good laugh chase up the song "where'd the cheese go?" which Pizza Hut paid them to write as a jingle, they took the finished version to Pizza hut who said they hated it and to change it and Ween came back with "Where'd the mother f*ckin cheese go?"

Popular music at its finest.

My brother bought me the "White Pepper" album a couple of years ago. It really surprised me how good it was, and how many different styles they can play/write. I think that the song "The Grobe" is awesome!! Don't think I'll go see them live though... I'm too old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother bought me the "White Pepper" album a couple of years ago. It really surprised me how good it was, and how many different styles they can play/write. I think that the song "The Grobe" is awesome!! Don't think I'll go see them live though... I'm too old.

Never too old mate most of the people I know that are in to Ween and will be going to see them are in their 40's. There is a live DVD/CD called Live in Chicago that you should check out, not really a young crowd and they play an amazing version of The Grobe. Highlight of the show for me though is "Booze me up and get me high" great song and a sing-a-long to boot.

Heard that you are new in town
someone said you party down
well, later i'll be comin' round
we'll rack 'em up and suck 'em down

don't call your mother-don't call your priest
don't call your doctor-call the police
you bring the razor blade-i'll bring the speed
Take off your coat-it's gonna be a long night

ther'll be no 2nd chance for you
tomorrow you'll be black and blue
show your friends your new tattoo
911 won't help you, fool

you're gonna suffer- you're gonna bleed
I've heard it all before- you will concede
I'm takin' everything- you're goin' down
lock up the doors- it's gonna be a long night

it's gonna be a long night- it's gonna be a catfight
it's gonna be a gang-bang

They get pegged unfairly as a 'joke' band. But those in the know appreciate how good these guys are at what they do. Sure, their subject matter is 'interesting' sometimes, but they sure know how to craft a great song and play the s**t out of it.

The Mollusk is one of the finest albums of the 1990s and I would gladly listen to that over anything by Nirvana, Green Day or anyone else that unfairly got all the press while these guys were showing them all how it should be done.

*bump*

cant sleep.
and La Cucaracha rawks. yeah,leaked a while back.

they do it all on this disc. every genre known to mankind pretty much.
all hail ween:)

Awesome album! 'Object' and 'Shamemaker' - great songs...

If they're coming out just for the BDO that's fine - I've bought my ticket already and there's only the Arcade Fire that I want to see (couldn't pay me to be anywhere near RATM when they played).

Or, if they just want to do a full concert tour (and include Perth!) that'll be fine with me...

MR - How does one get an early listen to "La Cucaracha"?

I have been listening to the triple album "Live at Stubbs" all weekend and if that is any indication of a typical Ween live show then I really can't wait to see them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back