Retired 9. Jack Steven (2020 -2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's going to be a star player for us for a P58. Wells is killing it.
Now for some solid draft picks

Last edited:

What a poor pick up this bloke has been so far.

The condition he is in is nothing short of disgraceful. He is in worse condition than any of our first year players and not setting an example expected of a senior player.

Clearly here to bump up his super and collect a comfortable paycheck

The condition he is in is nothing short of disgraceful. He is in worse condition than any of our first year players and not setting an example expected of a senior player.

Yeah... how the hell he gets a kick in the big league let alone lays a tackle on someone beggars belief. *tongue in cheek.
Clearly he's held in a higher regard by coaching staff and players who's opinions really matter than your good self i guess.
Shame on all those blokes for being such bad judges.

I reckon he will get there and you’ll be able to enjoy his footy.

I reckon he will get there and you’ll be able to enjoy his footy.

No...our friend Warhorse prefers to mock or denigrate rather than enjoy...he'll just move on to another target.

Bumping this thread is a good example.

Its a tough one for the club this year, clearly needs more games but doesnt deserve a spot at the moment but with little scratch matches hard for him to build that fitness up also his hands are terrible he just fumbles every ground ball, but its one of the teething problems we will have to cop..

No...our friend Warhorse prefers to mock or denigrate rather than enjoy...he'll just move on to another target.

Bumping this thread is a good example.

You better add me to that list then. As long as Steven is unfit and terrible at senior level he deserves everything he gets.

There is zero excuse in the modern game for not being fit enough. They get paid extremely well to only play footy. Turning up in shape is a bare minimum requirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You better add me to that list then. As long as Steven is unfit and terrible at senior level he deserves everything he gets.

There is zero excuse in the modern game for not being fit enough. They get paid extremely well to only play footy. Turning up in shape is a bare minimum requirement.
Add me to the list as well/.Stevens is not fit and has not contibuted in the games that he has played. Perhaps not having the VFL at the moment is a problem. But really our continuing strategy of picking up old players who want to come back to live near home is a joke. Play the Bl**dy kids., They are our future.

He's still an interesting player to me.

He has his flashes of brilliance in between some not so brilliant moments.

I just hope with the consistent playing time his moments of brilliance come more often for us and him.

Add me to the list as well/.Stevens is not fit and has not contibuted in the games that he has played. Perhaps not having the VFL at the moment is a problem. But really our continuing strategy of picking up old players who want to come back to live near home is a joke. Play the Bl**dy kids., They are our future.

And pick the guys in form, regardless of age and reputation.

What they did once upon a time shouldn't count. It's what they're bringing here and now that's important.

Are you happy with his form?

How about his professionalism?

Happy with his form...no...but, unlike others I'm not prepared to write him off just yet. He might still make a contribution as he gets more game time.

I can't comment on his professionalism and frankly, neither can you.....unless you are involved with the inner circle, which clearly you're not.

You, and others may well be right...I happen to think you are rushing to judgement.

Time will tell if Steven ends up making a decent contribution, because as much as you may not like it, the club will give him the opportunity to do so.....

Happy with his form...no...but, unlike others I'm not prepared to write him off just yet. He might still make a contribution as he gets more game time.

I can't comment on his professionalism and frankly, neither can you.....unless you are involved with the inner circle, which clearly you're not.

You, and others may well be right...I happen to think you are rushing to judgement.

Time will tell if Steven ends up making a decent contribution, because as much as you may not like it, the club will give him the opportunity to do so.....
Of course we can comment on his professionalism. He is a fat slob and unfit.

Would it have been accepted back in 2007? No, we had standards back then

Hey DTC - i know your bullish on him and thats fair enough - i was too when he was recruited - but im most dissappointed in how unfit he is

I thought against Coll he had a real go - so the effort was their - and he was unfortunate in one bit of play - where he was right out on his own ( and within kicking distance ) and pleaded with Miers to kick the ball to him - but for some stupid reason Miers totally ignored him to the death - then promptly kicked the ball out of bounds

However the downer for Steven for me as a player ( given he is a 4 time B/F winner and very experienced ) and this has surprised me - is when he gets the ball he seems to panic and has no idea what to do with it - there is no calm decision ( which you would expect from a very experienced player ) - like kick it 40 metres to a Geel teammate - he just gets the ball and doesnt know what to do with it

I'm pretty fair in my assessment of him.

No good will come from playing him.

I'm trying to be fair, and agree.

He's had a good skill set in the past, no doubt.

That said, I have been critical of his physical fitness, which doesn't seem to be improving much......and nor his use of the ball.

I'm trying to be fair, and agree.

He's had a good skill set in the past, no doubt.

That said, I have been critical of his physical fitness, which doesn't seem to be improving much......and nor his use of the ball.

Fitness is one thing but he looks like a deer in headlights when he gets the ball. Not good signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back