Player Watch Lachlan Murphy - 100 Games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell, I wonder what the announcement is planned if we get flogged tonight
greenwood re-signed and gibbs delisted

I like Lachie Murphy because he makes a contest.

The most likely forward to split the pack when a high ball comes in. Nice complement to our other forwards.

Great signing. 100% player.

Who does this leave on the youngsters? Just Strahan? I know Jones hasn't extended yet beyond 2020 - but that is going to be a no-brainer.

Saw something ridiculous about Fogarty from Tredrea saying he should look for opportunity elsewhere ???? These kids are just starting out in the caper ... give em a few years to find their feet please !!!

Great signing. 100% player.

Who does this leave on the youngsters? Just Strahan? I know Jones hasn't extended yet beyond 2020 - but that is going to be a no-brainer.

Saw something ridiculous about Fogarty from Tredrea saying he should look for opportunity elsewhere ???? These kids are just starting out in the caper ... give em a few years to find their feet please !!!

Herald Sun reporting this morning that clubs are asking the question of "Out-of-Favour" D Fog as hasn't played a game this season.

Good deal, like Murphy, not a world beater, but not everyone in your 22 can be. Sometimes you just need honest role players in there.

Looks like we've got 2022 on the mind though. We're now starting to fill in contracts that run until the end of 2021 since our next batch of big contracts like Matt Crouch and Laird come out and it's when guys like Walker, Talia, Jenkins etc all expire. It is what makes me worry about Greenwood and Keath since they'll be looking for 3-5 years and I suspect we may not want to go over 2 for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL

Like I said hard on the heels of Tredrea's article the 2 space cadets Jon Ralph and Jay Clark pull this out of their ass. You'd think they could do better than let their fertile imagination run away with themselves on the back of Tredrea's article.

RIVALS SNIFF AROUND CROWS GOALKICKER

Clubs are beginning to sniff around out-of-favour Adelaide forward Darcy Fogarty.

After playing 10 games last year, Fogarty is yet to get a look in at senior level this season.

The Crows experimented with playing the 193cm goalkicker in defence in the SANFL, but have swung him forward again more recently.

Strangely, the 19-year-old hasn’t got the call up for Josh Jenkins.

The No.12 draft pick is contracted to the end of 2021 but could be tempted elsewhere with more opportunity.

Herald Sun reporting this morning that clubs are asking the question of "Out-of-Favour" D Fog as hasn't played a game this season.
He's freakin' 19 years old !! He plays a very physical brand of footy, I'm ok with him finding his feet in the SANFL and coming in when he has learnt a bit about how the big boys play the game. He seems ready to us, but we know jack. Pyke loves him, he'll come in and have an immediate impact I'm sure.

Everyone was saying the same (worse) for Doedee and that turned out ok.

He's freakin' 19 years old !! He plays a very physical brand of footy, I'm ok with him finding his feet in the SANFL and coming in when he has learnt a bit about how the big boys play the game. He seems ready to us, but we know jack. Pyke loves him, he'll come in and have an immediate impact I'm sure.

Everyone was saying the same (worse) for Doedee and that turned out ok.

He's also completely blocked out from a spot in our best 22 until 2021 or 2022 regardless of how he performs. His list situation right now is very bad, because we won't go back to a 4 tall set up without McGovern.

If you are Fog, the dilligent thing to do would be to consider other offers which offer a quicker path into being a best 22 player. It's not rocket science.

We got lucky with Doedee big time, because if Lever stays, Doedee ends up being a bust. We've decided to double down on that luck with Fogarty.

Last edited:
He's also completely blocked out from a spot in our best 22 until 2021 or 2022 regardless of how he performs. Hist list situation right now is very bad, because we won't go back to a 4 tall set up without McGovern.

If you are Fog, the dilligent thing to do would be to consider other offers which offer a quicker path into being a best 22 player. It's not rocket science.
Yeah nah

That a player who would attract attention wouldn't protect his career?

After all, 2 players on 600k+ and 4 talls really only worked in one scenario, which relied on a super rare piece in McGovern (unless we outclassed our opponent), and one we've moved away from because even that got worked out. This isn't just a situation of a player under-performing in the SANFL, there is no spot there without injuries, or someone imploding, regardless of what he does.

The idea that Fog is only there until "he performs in the SANFL" is just fantasy.

That a player who would attract attention wouldn't protect his career?

After all, 2 players on 600k+ and 4 talls really only worked in one scenario, which relied on a super rare piece in McGovern (unless we outclassed our opponent). This isn't just a situation of a player under-performing in the SANFL, there is no spot there without injuries, or someone imploding regardless of what he does.
No, the locked out bullshit.
If he plays good footy, they'll fit him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back