Past 43. Will Setterfield - Traded to Essendon*

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like self sabotage to me. The guys been more or less on the pine for a year. He needs time to develop confidence in his body and in his game.

We're the only club who rushes in players like this. It's a sign of desperation, and poor injury management.

I'd only play him if he was clearly head and shoulders above other mids competing for the position and it woukd therefore be a travisty not to play him.

If he does more than 85% of pre season he’s a chance to play round 1, less and he will be managed. It’s how Andrew Russell does it,and it’s how we’ll do it going forward.

Previously we've had players miss the JLT games but still play round 1 (ie SPS last year).

I wonder if this will change under Russell?

What ever happened last year with injuries / player management was an abomination, which is why we would have brought an actual expert in instead of the staff member who was playing make-believe high performance manager.

Seems like self sabotage to me. The guys been more or less on the pine for a year. He needs time to develop confidence in his body and in his game.

We're the only club who rushes in players like this. It's a sign of desperation, and poor injury management.

I'd only play him if he was clearly head and shoulders above other mids competing for the position and it woukd therefore be a travisty not to play him.

Goldsack says hello

******* better be SB ………. Really hope Russell can do something with this kids body … I keep hearing that they are all impact injuries and not a definitive "weakness" per see ….. time will tell.

On paper I'm excited ……. lots of water to pass under that proverbial bridge.

Has all the tools to be elite. Now just needs to get fit and produce.

He is like a bloody "grey" man Soap … there is stuff all media about him …..

He is like a bloody "grey" man Soap … there is stuff all media about him …..

Hope he can get a full pre season and 18-20 games next year then everyone will see what he has

What is great is he will improve with SPS Dow Fisher Kennedy Cuningham all around the same time. This lot step up as a group, watch out. Then you have Walsh & O'Brien following close behind

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he can get a full pre season and 18-20 games next year then everyone will see what he has

What is great is he will improve with SPS Dow Fisher Kennedy Cuningham all around the same time. This lot step up as a group, watch out. Then you have Walsh & O'Brien following close behind

I don't know why people donate Williamson to this bracket:;;I think that Williamson was set for a Breakout year extending to the midfield as well before he got a stress reaction in the back.>> up until that point his preseason was one of the best in the club in as far as developing his physique and fulfilling is athletic attributes>. And applying those to a running game that would have seen him as one of those players who breaks lines and gains 80 m.>> & see him doing midfield rotations in part too

I don't know why people donate Williamson to this bracket:;;I think that Williamson was set for a Breakout year extending to the midfield as well before he got a stress reaction in the back.>> up until that point his preseason was one of the best in the club in as far as developing his physique and fulfilling is athletic attributes>. And applying those to a running game that would have seen him as one of those players who breaks lines and gains 80 m.>> & see him doing midfield rotations in part too

Obviously don't read many of my posts do you? ;)

Zach Fisher resents this comment, last seen at hairhouse warehouse in 3 inch lifts buying some strawberry blonde peroxide.

Apologies in advance Antonio - I know it was a joke but I cant let this misinformation slide.

There is no such thing as 'Strawberry Blonde Peroxide'.

Hydrogen Peroxide (Peroxide) is not a colour nor is it a bleach.
It is the Catalyst that is mixed with Powder Bleach or Permanent or Demi Permanent Hair Colour.
This Catalyst activates the ingredients in the above products and starts the colouring process.

If Zachy wanted to have strawberry blonde hair he would have to bleach (activated by Hydrogen Peroxide) and tone.
However I seriously recommend that he (and everyone else) does not try this at home and leaves it to the professionals in Salon.

Rant over.

Apologies in advance Antonio - I know it was a joke but I cant let this misinformation slide.

It is the Catalyst that is mixed with Powder Bleach or Permanent or Demi Permanent Hair Colour.
This Catalyst activates the ingredients in the above products and starts the colouring process.

If Zachy wanted to have strawberry blonde hair he would have to bleach (activated by Hydrogen Peroxide) and tone.
However I seriously recommend that he (and everyone else) does not try this at home and leaves it to the professionals in Salon.

Rant over.
:D:D:D:D:thumbsu:

Rant over.
lol the f? love the passion

Rant over.
When can you squeeze me in for a blow wave Erko?

Rant over.

What the * is "Demi" permanent!??!?!?!?!?!?!

A GWS assistant coach was on the sen last preseason, a few weeks before sett did his ACL and said that he was the one to watch for a break out season for 2018.

Add that to SOS bid at 5, Essendon both considering him at 1 and trying to get him this offseason.

Lots of hype around the kid, could be the best of our lot!

Setterfield was more of what Essendon needed than Shiel........and a truckload cheaper.
It may have taken a couple of years to get there, but I wonder if Dodo is just a little sour this morning, given what he had to shell out for Shiel.

Anyway, given the quality of the player I remember, Setterfield will be more than just in contention for a round 1 start. He'll be there.
Just don't want our new midfield coach to be too tricky. Let's just get Setterfields and Kennedys bodies right and they'll handle themselves well.

A GWS assistant coach was on the sen last preseason, a few weeks before sett did his ACL and said that he was the one to watch for a break out season for 2018.

Add that to SOS bid at 5, Essendon both considering him at 1 and trying to get him this offseason.

Lots of hype around the kid, could be the best of our lot!
The ceiling for Dow, SPS, Setterfield and hopefully Walsh seriously projects as 4 legitimate A-grade mids if all works out.

We have a realistic chance to add that to Cripps and create an elite midfield.

Spine: Set
Midfield: Forming
Small Forwards: the cream will be last...but Polson amd Owie is a good start!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back