Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, they are deflection comments to appease the "sheep".

The draft pick he needs to be compared to is the one we lose in 2018, not a points algorithm of what is left over for this years draft. We had a likely top 30 pick in a very strong draft which we flipped for Murray and a pick in the 40-50s in said draft.

You can not tell me that over 2 drafts there would not be a player of medium height, reasonable pace and a long sometimes accurate, sometimes not, kick. The club could of walked, Swanz were extracting the piss.
What if we still get the player we wanted with the later pick?

Then you walk away...

We aren't talking about a young Ablett jnr here.

Why would you walk away? You want the player and maybe the swans want the player? I think you totally misunderstood my post.

The guys saying we overpaid seem to feel they know a lot more about what the swan’s intention was with him and how much they valued him. What I’m saying is that these people have no more an idea than any of us who aren’t melting calling for Hine’s resignation.

Have you watched Murray play or just snippets? I’ve got a feeling our recruiting department have been watching him for some time and each of his games. That being the case, who is the better judge to evaluate his potential?

‘Oh but 2018 is a superdraft’. Well, it may be, but I have only heard the same 5-10 names pop up. I hear there are 5 exceptional players who could have gone top 5 this draft. I haven’t heard the names of the ‘amazing’ 15-30 picks.

2013 has been labelled a ‘superdraft’ only recently. Kelly, Bont, Billings are the only players in the top 10 that help this claim. Cripps, McCarthy(?), Jones were picked in 10-20. Crouch, Merrett, Lobb 20-30. 30-40 wouldn’t worry about. 40-50 B Brown and maybe Barrass (?). 50-60 Fantasia, Sicily, Hunt. McGovern, Laird, Rampe were rookie elevation.

What this says to me is that there are no guarantee and a ‘superdraft’ has some top players in the first 10, and 1 in 3/4 every 10 players and spread through to pick 60 (Langdon was mid 60s) and excellent rookie elevations.

So a pick in the 20s or 30s still has a low level of success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Key back? He’s 180cm. Didn’t you just accuse me of not doing any research?

Glad you've caught up, well aware of that
Plays above his height like most these days
Ask 194 cm balta
Happy to bring him to your attention

W
It's not Holtz-Fitz he was referring to, it's Issac Quaynor who's stocks are quickly rising. I hope Dekka didn't shoot himself in the foot.

Well if we pay too much it will be because the words out
It already was
Maybe SOME trust

It's not Holtz-Fitz he was referring to, it's Issac Quaynor who's stocks are quickly rising. I hope Dekka didn't shoot himself in the foot.

Yep you're right - for some reason I was leading off with Quaynor and Kelly and then for some reason switched it to Holt-Fitz (mostly because I couldn't find the article I'd read on him).

Glad you've caught up, well aware of that
Plays above his height like most these days
Ask 194 cm balta
Happy to bring him to your attention
Oh well in that case lock him in for CHB for the next decade :drunk:

He bounces the ball with his right hand and kicks with his left, not much vision of his opposite side.
That's often a bad sign in terms of kicking, due to the ball drop being with the non-preffered hand or in the case of Swanny two handed and therefore too high. But supposedly it's a good sign in terms of spacial awareness - something to do with an increased ability to cross the midline and switch between eyes .

He's playing TAC Cup. It's not like he was hidden away playing in a remote community, other teams would already be aware of him if he is any good.

That's often a bad sign in terms of kicking, due to the ball drop being with the non-preffered hand or in the case of Swanny two handed and therefore too high. But supposedly it's a good sign in terms of spacial awareness - something to do with an increased ability to cross the midline and switch between eyes .
Graham Wright went ok using a left hand bounce being a right footer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back