Toast Welcome to Freo Jeremy Sharp - SSP Selection 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

To be perfectly honest, I think his disposal and decision making is ok at best but it’s masked by the fact his main role is to run and kick 50m.

The thing that’s surprised me most is just how damn quick he is. His speed over 30-40m is actually nuts. Another example of Dew having favourites and putting players on the outer when he shouldn’t (Flanders)
Your first part reminds me of Acres. If height was given as metres gained, Acres would win by a mile.
Sharp was robbed of play of the day the previous week with, yet again a wrong decision, where he took off on the outer wing, gaing at least 70 metres before being called back.

Alex Davies was unlucky, at the time he was considered a first round pick, maybe top ten, but Gold Coast were allowed to add him straight to their rookie list before the draft.

A club like Freo would have pressure to play a guy taken in the first round, but nobody notices a rookie listed player.
Yes, he’s the one! Always keep half an eye on Gold Coast to see what gems they have and he was one, I thought. Why isn’t he playing? Just not good enough? Better players in his position? He’s the kind of player I imagine clubs could wriggle out, talented but not developed cos of the embarrassment of riches the expansion clubs have.

He had a couple games like this at the Suns however Dew and his 'What are wingers?' game plan wasted his talents..

He has consistently showed up in 4 games now to the point where opposition teams are going to start to curb him..
That's pretty good result. Unless they'd play tight on two players, that might keep the centre freed up, right?

Yes, he’s the one! Always keep half an eye on Gold Coast to see what gems they have and he was one, I thought. Why isn’t he playing? Just not good enough? Better players in his position? He’s the kind of player I imagine clubs could wriggle out, talented but not developed cos of the embarrassment of riches the expansion clubs have.
Played alot of last year, Dew seemed to like him, didn't really do much though

Joel Jeffrey is another talent that they aren't playing

Their list is loaded

Played alot of last year, Dew seemed to like him, didn't really do much though

Joel Jeffrey is another talent that they aren't playing

Their list is loaded

Davies is a Queenslander and Jeffrey from NT so they need to move away from home if they move for more opportunity. Could put us in the picture.

Gold Coast could have an exodus of depth players for 2-3 years and wouldn’t care less such is the amount of concessions they’ve been given. Other clubs will jump at the opportunity to bring in a potential solid best 22 player for peanuts.

Here's to you Jezza
Not only have you met our requirements but you're exceeding our wildest dreams
On track to be far and away the best winger the club has seen

Boy do I laugh at myself now for ever being upset at losing Acres 😂

Here's to you Jezza
Not only have you met our requirements but you're exceeding our wildest dreams
On track to be far and away the best winger the club has seen

Boy do I laugh at myself now for ever being upset at losing Acres 😂

I feel that someone has to say it, as much as I think he is a bargain and will only get better... he is no where near as good as S Hill. And not on the same level as Brad either. There was also a damaging lefty named Black who ran up and down the wing and was very good. Not at the level of the Hills but very good. If he gets to be even a couple of levels below those two we will have something very valuable.

I feel that someone has to say it, as much as I think he is a bargain and will only get better... he is no where near as good as S Hill. And not on the same level as Brad either. There was also a damaging lefty named Black who ran up and down the wing and was very good. Not at the level of the Hills but very good. If he gets to be even a couple of levels below those two we will have something very valuable.
I mean if he stays on the list for the next 10 years as a body of work and continues to improve its actually not that far off from being correct. Brad Hill and Heath Black both had relatively short stints at the club and Stephen Hill's career was mainly spent as a inside out mid under Ross before finishing up at half back.

I mean if he stays on the list for the next 10 years as a body of work and continues to improve its actually not that far off from being correct. Brad Hill and Heath Black both had relatively short stints at the club and Stephen Hill's career was mainly spent as a inside out mid under Ross before finishing up at half back.

Hill played a large part of his early days on the wing and even in his mid career and later he would start on the wing or centre bounce. I get what you are saying, I just think it is a way off for him to reach that level. Having said that, if he gets anything close to that level that his body of work makes it a discussion I will be stoked!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big fan of the old jumper pull, not sure if it was this week or last

Settled in really nicely. It'll be interesting to see how and where the club develops him, still has time to develop a few more strings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely awesome pickup for free.

For FRRRRrrrreeeeeee Purple Jesus.

If we had picked him at #27 (where he was drafted) I would be thrilled with his output, Gold Coast swapped #11 for that #27 and if they had him playing this way they might be able to stomach it because the #11 was free from the AFL - but.... we got him for absolutely nothing.

And he doesn't even take up a list spot.

Josh Draper and Jeremy Sharp fill ONE spot on the entire squad and barely even that with Draper costing us about $5000 per game played and Sharp costing Freo his salary minus about $80k.

These two guys have been super important to us this year and have cost the club about the same as a new car that doesn't even need a place to park.

Big fan of the old jumper pull, not sure if it was this week or last

Settled in really nicely. It'll be interesting to see how and where the club develops him, still has time to develop a few more strings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re the jumper pull , a few of us were surprised that he is such a fan of Bankwest. Must have a mortgage with them or something.😎

For FRRRRrrrreeeeeee Purple Jesus.

If we had picked him at #27 (where he was drafted) I would be thrilled with his output, Gold Coast swapped #11 for that #27 and if they had him playing this way they might be able to stomach it because the #11 was free from the AFL - but.... we got him for absolutely nothing.

And he doesn't even take up a list spot.

Josh Draper and Jeremy Sharp fill ONE spot on the entire squad and barely even that with Draper costing us about $5000 per game played and Sharp costing Freo his salary minus about $80k.

These two guys have been super important to us this year and have cost the club about the same as a new car that doesn't even need a place to park.
Its a lovely feeling when it comes...start the car!

Agreed. We've never had a winger as good as Hill and will be very lucky to have another one like him. We missed peak of his career due to injury. IMO he should still be playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back