Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised at the sycophantic praise from hawks fans here. I’d always held this forum with a bit more AFL IQ than the typical club forum, and if I was a Hawks fan I’d be super nervous the Hawks have inherited a liability here.

The rate Collingwood delicately shipped him speaks volumes.

We can discuss Elijah Taylor, Peter Ladhams, Dan Hannebery and Buddy while you're here if you'd like.

I'd say Sam Mitchell is well aware of the 'baggage' attached to Ginnivan. He's backing his system to get the best out of him as both a player and a person. If it doesn't work out then we'll all own the mistake and move on.

Is anyone slightly nervous fellow Hawkers the desperation to get both Mabior Chol and Jack Ginnivan (we should only be doing this for absolute grade A not B+?), for multiple draft picks, and sending Brandon Ryan ala Burton-style
to Brisbane? Why on earth do we need Gunston now, he couldn't even make the Brisbane side?
Very happy to see this work out, but have a lot of PTSD from the Clarko-era Ty Vickery decisions...which
we are still paying for..
Burton was one of my favourite players I was gutted when he was given marching orders I guess they are wanting gunston as a coaching position after one or two years more playing that's all you can assume.

Que Hawks vs pies twice next year?

manuel-que-gif.369550

I'm rapt getting ginni!! Breust and Wingard are on their last legs and with brocky gone we are serverly lacking in the small forward department so we snagged a 20 year old who can kick goals and ruffle some feathers. Let's back the kid and give him a chance I say

Where'd you pull 33 from?

I'm doing a quick check and up until Round 4 he's already got 3/40 directly from free kicks. Doesn't bode well.
There is a highlights package of his season on YouTube that was posted in another thread- you can count them.
Goal after goal from marks and crumbing

(This isn't it but it gives you the idea)

Get excited folks

I'm a bit concerned with the FIGJAM attitude he has displayed to date, both on and off field. While I like a bit of swagger in a player he needs to learn to bleed for the team to back it up. Defensive pressure also a massive concern, Brockman has him well covered for average tackles per game and I certainly wouldn't call Tyler the most defensive forward going around. Basically, needs to appreciate that yes, there's the moments you get to be in the limelight but the rest of the time, you go when it's your turn.

I'll back in Sam and the leadership group to get him on the right road re: attitude and application, but I won't be calling this trade a win until I see how he goes over the next couple of seasons.

He gets his confidence and eccentric behavior from his old man, who was running around with his brother kicking goals and being a cheeky boy in his hi-vis boots in the local leagues way back. I like it, he will annoy the opposition and maybe we can finally get a free kick for someone being pushed over in front of goal.

On another note, did Ginni remove all his Instagram posts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they won't boo him. It's not as if he has left on bad terms.
All I'm hearing from Pies supporter friends & family is how he struggled to get a game all year and won't be missed in the slightest.

Bit of a pivot from them calling for him to be moved from starting as sub to starting on the field - and during the finals series as well.

Classic revisionism.

Feel we really over paid but he was in contact so we probably needed to.
There is a highlights package of his season on YouTube that was posted in another thread- you can count them.
Goal after goal from marks and crumbing

(This isn't it but it gives you the idea)

Get excited folks

Not many head high free kicks for goals in that package. One thing that stands out is his kicking around the body is elite. So good.
Can roost one from 50m out also.
Great pickup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back