Tony Olango (formerly part of Hawthorn's Next Generation Academy - now a West Coast Eagle rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

From watching the videos, it looks like he has very little confidence in his kicking, which is understandable as he has played so little footy. However, his assets, big leap, tapping to a team mate, and second efforts are as good as you would get from a seasoned player.

His tank shouldn't be a problem; we all know Kenyans can run all day, and fast as well. He looks like he could be a go in the draft this year, if he develops.
Depends which part of Kenya and how long he lived there for before moving. Though now I want to look up how much moving to a lower altitude changes this if you grew up in a high altitude area.
Maybe after my coffee

Moved at age two after reading the article so been here most of his life

Of course he is raw, he's only a young kid. One thing that struck we was how far he could roost the footy !

Agree, Thai just made a mistake about his nationality. BTW the Hun has an article about him, really just a rehash of others with (perhaps) a somewhat more anti hawthorn headline see: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/9769d813621e4e76b4d8190ca1098b45 The comments are delicious. If it's behind the paywall paste it into google search and it should work.

I do love the great unwashed who throw their comments on Herald Sun articles about us. It makes me so glad they had to watch us win three flags in a row.

upload_2017-2-14_11-50-9.png

Kenyan or Sudanese? sorry for the politics but in some quarters its the decider whether you're a potential terrorist or not.

If the Lad goes well the backpedalling will be delicious

I do love the great unwashed who throw their comments on Herald Sun articles about us. It makes me so glad they had to watch us win three flags in a row.

View attachment 336236

If we really did have sway, wed have the tiwi islands hended to our 'zone' instead of essendon - three norm smith medalists from a tiny population, talk about stacking the odds

View attachment 336236

I wonder if this guy kicked up a fuss when North got Tasmania for their Academy despite Hawthorn starting in the state from scratch when no-one else wanted a bar of it. Doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good agility for a bloke his size, exciting stuff

Kenyans can run all day, fast as well.

Chinese people are good at maths, everybody knows that.

Black Americans like chicken, watermelon, and grape drink.

I may be getting old, but I have never ever had a racist bone in my body, and I can't see that as a racist comment.
If anything, I was getting a little confused (didn't research) between and Ethiopians and Kenyans winning world class marathons, but then again they are neighbors, aren't they?
Incidentally, my wife is not a white caucasian.

Apologies if I caused offense, I didn't mean it as an absolute judgement of your character.

I think what I meant was 'indulging in racial stereotypes'.

You see the comment about Kenyans as different to the other two?

In my opinion, none of those remarks are racist, just opinions. Now i haven't lived in Australia since 1996/7, so what's racist and what's not could have changed dramatically.

In my opinion, none of those remarks are racist, just opinions.
I did move the posts further up the slippery slope, to 'indulging in racial stereotypes'.

In any case, hopefully this pans out and the Hawks get games out of the athletic beanpole.

The way he moves, he's like a taller version of Aliir Aliir. Very promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back