Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad this guy didn't play in the GF. Didn't quite look up to it after his foot injury.

Hope he's fit as a fiddle next year as I expect him to take some inside mid heat off Cotch > who should go to half back and relax a bit IMO.
I know this was posted in oct. But have to say he looked great in his first game back from injury in rnd 21 and the stats back up the observation.

He did make a few mistakes in the wce game but in saying that he only had 50% game time.

Young players will have down games fmd so do the senior players. I thought he was very harshly done by being dropped after the wce game.
until that game he had done very little wrong and just the week before he had a 20 possesion game with 11 of them contested, 7 tackles, 6 clearances and kicked it inside 50 three times and that was with 74% game time.

looks good in the number 5

think you'd have to find a spot for him in round 1 ...

Graham maybe the unlucky guy?

Surely you don't mean Jack Graham???????
After what he did in the prelim I doubt there is even a magnet with his name on the board to take off. There are just 21 magnets to decide.

EDIT: 20 magnets - Sorry Dusty - It wont happen again.

Surely you don't mean Jack Graham???????
After what he did in the prelim I doubt there is even a magnet with his name on the board to take off. There are just 21 magnets to decide.

EDIT: 20 magnets - Sorry Dusty - It wont happen again.

Lynch, Cotchin

they Graham memes are great but isnt as high as we like to think. There is the injury issues too, hopefully he is cherry ripe

Ross hasnt done much wrong outside of the injury and looked pretty good imo yesterday

fwiw ive been arguing graham over ross for months but am unsure now

Omfg there’s going to be room for both Graham and Ross in our midfield eventually.

I’m sick of the constant comparing of the two.

Graham and Ross are not as slow as some people think and both are going to be very good footballers for us, in the same team!

I’m willing to bet that JGTI will eventually be our Cotchin replacement with his defensive work while Ross may be more a Prestia replacement in 4 or 5 years given he’s more attacking than JGTI.

Having said that, Ross really needs to work on his disposal because right now it doesn’t seem great.

Omfg there’s going to be room for both Graham and Ross in our midfield eventually.

Graham and Ross are not as slow as some people think and both are going to be very good footballers for us, in the same team!

I’m willing to bet that JGTI will eventually be our Cotchin replacement with his defensive work while Ross may be more a Prestia replacement in 4 or 5 years given he’s more attacking than JGTI.

Having said that, Ross really needs to work on his disposal because right now it doesn’t seem great.

Most people are interested in '20 not 5 years from now

specifically round 1 vs the cheats atm

Most people are interested in '20 not 5 years from now

specifically round 1 vs the cheats atm
Then I’d still play Graham if fit. I’ve at least seen him hit a Richmond player inside 50, I can’t say the same about Ross at this point.

Don’t get me wrong I like Ross, he’s a very good player but right now if fit I think Graham is ahead of him.

I do wonder how much of Ross’ disposal is down to his injury last year, hopefully he can get that sorted early this year.

Then I’d still play Graham if fit. I’ve at least seen him hit a Richmond player inside 50, I can’t say the same about Ross at this point.

Don’t get me wrong I like Ross, he’s a very good player but right now if fit I think Graham is ahead of him.

I do wonder how much of Ross’ disposal is down to his injury last year, hopefully he can get that sorted early this year.

Graham four more tackles a game too.

Ross stacks up pretty well v Graham for efficiency, clangers, turnovers, general stats.

I wouldn't be shocked if (I expect) both Ross and Graham play, and Cotch plays more outside than usual. Prolong Cotch's career and increase our impact around the clearances a heap. That forces someone else out though, but not an inside player.

cya later jayden

Doubt it. Shorty is a very important player to us. But then I don't know who goes out. Probably one of the mids that is around the contest. Guys like Prestia or Edwards :p

We've got a decent amount of quality in our squad these days. Hard to know who would get dropped.

Lynch, Cotchin

they Graham memes are great but isnt as high as we like to think. There is the injury issues too, hopefully he is cherry ripe

Ross hasnt done much wrong outside of the injury and looked pretty good imo yesterday

fwiw ive been arguing graham over ross for months but am unsure now

haha yes, posted in jest.

Although if I was Graham and someone was given a game ahead of me I'd be asking Dimma which chapter did they have in that history book? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So glad he finally got a chance in the midfield. Looked composed including setting Dusty up for that last goal. Not a HBFer Dimma!

17 disposals at 88%, 5 score involvements, 3 clearances. A much better and more natural inside mid then Jack Graham.

Last edited:
So glad he finally got a chance in the midfield. Looked composed including setting Dusty that last goal. Not a HBFer Dimma!

17 disposals at 88%, 5 score involvements, 3 clearances. A much better and more natural inside mid then Jack Graham.
I’m kind of mad though, imagine if he continued to develop in that position and maintain his size and strength, rather than dropping 8kg to play as a hbf 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m kind of mad though, imagine if he continued to develop in that position and maintain his size and strength, rather than dropping 8kg to play as a hbf 🤦🏻‍♂️

Maybe the thought he was to far back to get a game in the middle? Cotchin. Martin. Edwards. Prestia. Pickett. Etc.

Easier to compete on a hbf. Short and Baker have been solid however.

Ross is still young hopefully they fix him

He dropped that weight improving his running ability, which he was going to need to play as a midfielder anyway. If he was able to drop that much as an 18-19 year old, then it was likely puppy fat anyway, I'd be surprised if he's lost any strength given the elite environment he's in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back