Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Taranto and Hopper were recruited to fix the inside mid problem we had as Cotch got old and Prestia got more injury prone. Post 2020 this was a huge problem. We fixed it, a bit late.
Decent performance against the Blues but it's still our biggest concern.
Not even blaming Hopper or Taranto but as a whole the group they need to work better together. It's not about individuals for me.

Seems like Bolton needs to run more through there a lot more.

Decent performance against the Blues but it's still our biggest concern.
Not even blaming Hopper or Taranto but as a whole the group they need to work better together. It's not about individuals for me.

Seems like Bolton needs to run more through there a lot more.
Prestias injury opens up the prospect of Bolton given more mid time

Throw Clarke into the side and give him Bolton’s spot in the forward line

Prestias injury opens up the prospect of Bolton given more mid time

Throw Clarke into the side and give him Bolton’s spot in the forward line
I agree, gotta have some trust in these players we picked in the draft a couple of years ago.
we need games into him he will learn nothing more at VFL.

this trade is going to end up being like Kane Johnson, but worse.

How we fooled ourselves into offering Taranto & Hopper the same contracts& similar sized trade deals when Jacob was coming off a 7 game season due to a serious knee issue i will never understand. Had disaster written all over it & after a "sub average" 16 game 2023 and already needed time off for knee soreness does not bode well

Will see his career out in the vfl if he can get on the park. All this injuries will take their toll on him and reduce him even further. We should’ve kept our picks with our list as we aren’t winning anything for awhile.
Lol he's not going to be playing VFL.

People talk down Hopper because we paid so much for him. We may have overpaid, but he's still an AFL quality midfielder, just not a superstar.

If we had a list that could contend, Hopper would be rotating off the bench in the role we've had Dow playing with damaging top liners around him.

He's going to be very handy during the rebuild at protecting our young mids as they grow into their bodies over the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol he's not going to be playing VFL.

People talk down Hopper because we paid so much for him. We may have overpaid, but he's still an AFL quality midfielder, just not a superstar.

If we had a list that could contend, Hopper would be rotating off the bench in the role we've had Dow playing with damaging top liners around him.

He's going to be very handy during the rebuild at protecting our young mids as they grow into their bodies over the next few years.
he won't see the 7 seasons out in AFL with his body .YOU'RE THINKING SHORT TERM.

Where are all the haters from last week?
We're back Morro and never really left. We aren't really haters, but could see problems with this bloke long term. I thought it would be nice for you to enjoy your 4 days in the Sun as it wouldn't be long before this bloke let us down again. lol

Last edited:
Will be great protecting our young mids for the 5 games he plays each year until they get butchered the other 18. All for the low low price of 800k per year until 2030.

Perhaps he can astral plane into the minds of the oppo mids and subconsciously influence them to go easy on us.

Last edited:
As I've said another JGTI and will continue to suffer from injuries as his oversized body and slowness struggles with the pace of the modern game
I think there is something to this.

Both heavy set, both play in areas which ask the most of the body interms of burst speed, turning, start and stop.

The more muscle you carry, generally the greater force you can generate and incidentally put on knees, ankles, feet, ligaments etc etc. Whether that be the weight that is carried or the motion created.

I believe we drafted Seth Campbell with one of the pick we got as part of the Hopper trade. So can everyone just calm down on what a disaster this trade was …. of course Campbell hasn’t shown he’s going to have a 10-year career, but there’s some good early signs and he just might become a quality footballer. If that happens then the Hopper trade isn’t an issue.

Soooooo much water to go under the bridge on the overall outcome of this trade.

If Hopper remains injury prone the next 5-years and Campbell is a dud then it’s a shocker of a trade …. but those are still both great unknowns.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I believe we drafted Seth Campbell with one of the pick we got as part of the Hopper trade. So can everyone just calm down on what a disaster this trade was …. of course Campbell hasn’t shown he’s going to have a 10-year career, but there’s some good early signs and he just might become a quality footballer. If that happens then the Hopper trade isn’t an issue.

Soooooo much water to go under the bridge on the overall outcome of this trade.

If Hopper remains injury prone the next 5-years and Campbell is a dud then it’s a shocker of a trade …. but those are still both great unknowns.

Seth Campbell was pick 12 in a Rookie draft. ffs what a load of bull s**t

Draft history: 2023 Rookie Draft selection (Richmond) No. 12.

Seth Campbell was pick 12 in a Rookie draft. ffs what a load of bull s**t

Draft history: 2023 Rookie Draft selection (Richmond) No. 12.

My bad sorry … it was Steely Green and Kaleb Smith …. I thought Smith was Campbell.

Call down, we all make mistakes. Let’s see if Smith and Green become players.

My bad sorry … it was Steely Green and Kaleb Smith …. I thought Smith was Campbell.

Call down, we all make mistakes. Let’s see if Smith and Green become players.

How many times do you want to tell others to calm down, when they are already calm? Being correct or seeing a situation as negative doesn't mean others aren't calm.

You seem to be quite alarmed though.

Will see his career out in the vfl if he can get on the park. All these injuries will take their toll on him and reduce him even further. We should’ve kept our picks with our list as we aren’t winning anything for awhile.
They rolled the dice on a last premiership and it didn’t pay off. Maybe there was a bit of hubris. Gotta live with it now. We won’t have the early picks but I doubt it will be a total disaster either.

They rolled the dice on a last premiership and it didn’t pay off. Maybe there was a bit of hubris. Gotta live with it now. We won’t have the early picks but I doubt it will be a total disaster either.
Yep. Imagine the melts in here if we'd watched Hopper and Taranto take the Giants into last year's GF and probably win it, after seeing our 2023 depleted midfield of Dow, Ross, Graham and a part-time Prestia go 5-18 in the same year.

All of this after also watching us (very unluckily) get tipped out of the finals in Brisbane just prior to the 2022 trade period. They'd be calling for the heads up Hartley and co for not giving us a chance while we were apparently in the window by grabbing two inside mid bulls that we were so desperately short of in the 2022 finals series.

Or if Taranto and/or Hopper ended up at Collingwood and consequently had premiership medallions it'd be even more of a melt.

We did the right thing at the time, and now we've got the next five years to rebuild the ship. That's how it works nowadays, at least for Melbourne clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back