Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

If he starts clunking them … lookout .
I think he is already clunking them. If he gets his hands on it they stick, very much a one touch player. Just getting to the contests, ie reading the play is something that he is learning. He has great scope for improvement as well.

Fingers crossed but we may have fixed our KPF problem here with this guy, there's a hell of a lot to like. Will need to replace Lynch down the track too but Lefau coming on like he is is awesome. Allows the luxury to completely concentrate on mids this upcoming draft

His first game he looked out of place & maybe got selected too early but it has proven to be correct he seems one of our better targets.

Playing as kpf rather than the 3rd tall role which I think he’ll be more suited to when we get our talls back.
He sat under a lot of high ball today, so we didn’t see as much of his bullocking ground level game that he’s capable of.
Really good game though kept presenting and competing against taller opposition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly see nothing special about him. Almost 26, only getting games as we are so bad & only looking good for the same reason. Harsh, sure, but realistic, definitely. Wont be on the list in 3 years. If he is, then we will still be a bottom 3 team.

Just a good, ordinary player in a team of below ordinary players.

Him being the best "new blood" player for the team is legit a worst case scenario for this team

Fair call RJK Tiger.

I like Lefau and am not surprised he is doing well. He'll play a role over the next 2-3 years as (hopefully) a third tall, but eventually should be squeezed out of the side by a younger player.

Honestly see nothing special about him. Almost 26, only getting games as we are so bad & only looking good for the same reason. Harsh, sure, but realistic, definitely. Wont be on the list in 3 years. If he is, then we will still be a bottom 3 team.

Him being the best "new blood" player for the team is legit a worst case scenario for this team
He has plenty of AFL traits. Strong hands, quick, big leap, hard as nails, fast, nimble and 195cm. He has enough traits to cause real damage, but without a midfield that is hard to do.

Gee I came in to say how well I think Mykelti is doing in the circumstances, then I see RJKTiger’s comments above and instantly I feel deflated.

You certainly know how to bring everyone down RJK. Perhaps it would be best for all if you went away for awhile and came back when we’ve improved and are winning again. Even if that’s a couple of years away.

Love him.
Only downside is that he isn’t a kid.
So much to like about his game though.
Was about to say the same thing, turning 26 in a few weeks so not a 10-15 year player, especially if he still needs further development and game sense, he might be 28 before he's a real quality KPF. Still he was a freebie basically and would be on a bargain contract.

Would have been nice if he was only turning 21 this year though haha.

Right at this moment, who are you playing instead?

He is doing a fantastic job in only his first 6 games do you really believe he wont improve after 50 games at this level ?
Also considering he is playing on the best defender in the other team ?

You also dont believe he will get even better with another 1-2 years in a professional team learning the game plan more and having Lynch / Balta in the foward line ?

Better quality midfield delivering more ball into the foward line ?

Richmond is about to complete the worst start to the season in a very very long time and this bloke is doing a better job than players like JUH / Mking would if played in the FF spot at Richmond this year.

26 years old and has the chance to play another 5-6 years and maybe more if he can improve even more
Mason Cox was the same age when he debut for Collingwood and without any afl knowledge behind him and looking like a freak experiment has now played over 120 games and likely to play 150

No reason Mykelti cannot do the same he is better at everything today than Mason Cox (33 years old)
was back in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back